Shad box already fell apart. Is Givi better?

Still Living

I bought a new Shad top box five months ago. It recently developed a really bad rattle. Then the other day a snapped screw head fell out of the latch area as I removed it from my bike. Everything seemed ok still... then the lock face fell out. 

I can't ride around with this on my bike any more. God forbid it goes flying off into traffic. 

Any of you have this problem? I loved the box and I was hoping to get a few years out of it at least. In their defense I did drop my bike with the box on it. Checked everything and it seemed fine but maybe it loosened things up in inside? Oh well. 

Not sure if I should try a different brand. 

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

Looks fake.

Did you buy it through a Thai shop or from an authorized Shad Dealer?

It would still be under warranty, contacting Shad directly would also get results, a World renown brand takes such things as their product falling apart after 5 months seriously.

It's probably fake, a cheap copy.

I have a Shad topbox for the last 5 years, used daily, it's done about 90,000km, opened and closed and locked 4 times a day, and is still as good as new. 

4 minutes ago, papa al said:

Proves Shad sucks for sure.

I don't believe it's a genuine Shad.

Just take it to a locksmith.

Bring it back to the official Shad dealer and get it replaced. Contact Shad first to inform them. Don't forget to use the details on your receipt and warranty card.

Not buying this thread for a second. 

We have Shad top boxes on each scooter, the boxes are 2-3 years old now, a 40l and a 33l and they are pretty good, the 40l even has a back rest pad for the passenger.

Overloaded often, no problem, I can carry 1 box of small cans of Heineken (24) in the big one, so it's passed "the test".   

Yes it should be possible to repair.

7 minutes ago, DLang said:

I don't believe it's a genuine Shad.

Bring it back to the official Shad dealer and get it replaced. Contact Shad first to inform them. Don't forget to use the details on your receipt and warranty card.

Not buying this thread for a second. 

Yes you can do all that and maybe get results.

Maybe the retailer & manufactured will actually do their job well.

Good luck with that.

Or you can pay a locksmith $10-15 to fix it in 15 minutes.

Complify

or simplicate.

^^ I agree. I have a Shad 40L for years. Daily usage. Still perfect.

^ I'd rather get a new one (a fix could break again). Shouldn't be a problem with his receipt and official warranty card from an authorized Shad dealer. Document all the issues and contact Shad directly first with photos of the receipt and warranty card too.

I bought the box from Dr Bike in Bangkok. It seems real. The "wreck" was a very low speed drop, I was almost stopped when I slipped on some mud and toppled over. 

The box has minor scratches but everything seemed fine. The rattle started a full month after the drop. Then the lock fell apart a week later. So I'm not sure if it was the crash or if the thing just rattled itself apart on these horrible roads. 

Based on my research, people say Shad has better fit and finish then Givi. Plus I think the shad boxes look better. If it's my fault then I'll just chuck it up to a loss and buy another shad. 

Who the hell knows if I kept that receipt. I'll have to dig through my box of junk here.  Thanks for the replies!