Yamaha Nouvo 135 Overheating

Nuuk

I am interested in buying a second hand Yamaha Nouvo 135.

I heard from a dealer, that the Yamaha Nouvo 135 will eventually overheat when put under pressure and sporty driving on highways etc.

Therefore I should be careful  when checking a second hand bike, as the engine might be damaged.

Has anybody any experience in that ?

Well its possible that a previous owner could have let the coolant run dry and the engine overheated with partial seizure and top end engine damage,also could have been run dry of engine oil..my stepdaughter did that cost 2000 baht to have the engine stripped down and  piston,rings and small end bearing replaced everything put back together..has run fine for a year since ( Suzuki Skydrive 125 air cooled )

1 hour ago, johng said:

Well its possible that a previous owner could have let the coolant run dry and the engine overheated with partial seizure and top end engine damage,also could have been run dry of engine oil..my stepdaughter did that cost 2000 baht to have the engine stripped down and  piston,rings and small end bearing replaced everything put back together..has run fine for a year since ( Suzuki Skydrive 125 air cooled )

No previous owner; as

only a hypothetical bike & imaginary problem.

Prolly no bike less likely to overheat than the Nouvo.

I have a Nouvo elegance 135, 2007 with about 25,000 KM's on the clock

it is an ex rental bike so previous owners would have been rental customers. I bought it for 13,000 baht a little under 2 years ago.

I haven't had any problems with it, not gone for any very long rides, longest ride I guess about 30 KM, (I have a car for longer trips) but often take it up to full throttle and also ride a lot in heavy traffic with no overheating problems.

I do have the oil changed every 3-4 months. This is very cheap to do. The only other expense I had was to change the battery.

I am hoping it will last another couple of years until there are a few competitively priced Aerox's on the used market.

Okay. A hypothetical previous owner.

Sure.

Beware of those YNEs with seized engines

If the hypothetical engine is seized-up,

ask for a 2000baht discount,

to get it rebuilt, like gohnj suggests,

i guess.

Good advice.