Bruce Springsteen says the 'new resistance' against Trump has begun

webfact

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ellabbs said:

But he won... period.... you cant force hom from power like the usa do to every country they have a gripe with..... dont you ever learn.... iraq,lybia,afghanistan and next your own ******g country. Idiots or what.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Organize a seance and tell that to Richard Nixon.

3 minutes ago, ellabbs said:

But he won... period.... you cant force hom from power like the usa do to every country they have a gripe with..... dont you ever learn.... iraq,lybia,afghanistan and next your own ******g country. Idiots or what.

Can't force. Can impeach with legal grounds and the votes to do it. Already there are the legal grounds but republicans wouldn't go for it yet. Maybe later. 

Can't force. Can impeach with legal grounds and the votes to do it. Already there are the legal grounds but republicans wouldn't go for it yet. Maybe later. 

But why would you.. the guy won. Just like hillary would have.. you all wouldnt be moaning then would you... next time field a better candidate.

" I don't think people go to musicians for their political points of view. I think your political point of view is circumstances and then how you were nurtured and brought up. But it's worth giving a shot when it's the only thing you have."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-calls-donald-trump-a-moron-w441761

Springsteen has for years assured that his music was speaking for him but he became more politically involved since 2004, when he campaigned for John Kerry,

Springsteen, who often refered in his songs to the difficulties middle-class Americans have to face, explained that he understood how Trump might sound "compelling."

Springsteen comes frim a very modest family and was virtually alone. His talent made him sell hundreds of millions of albums around the world. Albums that speak very often of poor Americans. 
And he knows what he's talking about, unlike Trump.

Springsteen  donated $ 10,000 to Manufrance workers struggling for survival. Donald offered himself checks on the account of his Foundation. Two different types of men ...

Springsteen pays taxes in the US, he is entitled to express his political views 

Edited by Opl

30 minutes ago, ellabbs said:

But why would you.. the guy won. Just like hillary would have.. you all wouldnt be moaning then would you... next time field a better candidate.

There is zero doubt in my mind if Hillary had won that the republicans would have been trying to impeach her from day one. There were voices that said as much. OK for them, not OK for the anti-trumpists? Hillary's situation is academic now but now we have this ridiculous embarassment for a president that has already committed impeachable offenses. Obviously things would have to change as far as the republicans love of power to vote to boot trump, but don't bet for sure they won't.

2 hours ago, Vegetablebottom said:

I'm not trying to be facetious,  but your comment is an enigma. The meaning is so masked in pseudo intellectual claptrap as to be indesipherable. Don't try to be poetic just respond in plain language. 

My comments are straightforward. The statement implying that people who were anti-Trump were pro Islamic terrorists was considerably more stupid than the accusation that those people were stupid.  I guess that means you are more confused than before?

Don't try and work it out, it won't make any difference to your mindset.  I do love your assumption that anyone anti-Trump is left wing. It's like saying all the pro Trumpsters are KKK.  Personally I sit firmly in the middle as do most of the Trump despisers. Still I understand you do need your labels

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

This may sound egotistical, but here goes:  when I listened to Springsteen talk on the recent NPR radio interview (promoting an auto-bio), it could have been me talking. It was uncanny.  We sound alike, including diction, voice tone, etc.  We share views on many things.  He and I are the same age and we were both playing the same types of R&B and soul music in bar bands during the late 60's and early 70's.  We were both leaders of our respective bands. He in NJ, me in D.C.   One of us got wildly famous, and the other, ....well, I joined a rural yogi community in California and went down different tracks.  However, within the past few years, we each wrote an auto-biography.  I also personally know one of the guys in the E-Street Band from High School days.

Thanks for that

We now understand why rational political opinions are not for you

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I don't think Springsteen and Madonna hate Trump.  That's a strong word.  More likely, they want to see Americans be content, prosper, and reach their individual potentials.  

If you are going to quote me, at least do it accurately.

What I said was "I understand why  Madonna and Bruce Springsteen have little in common with him and hate him for it."

14 minutes ago, lostlink said:

Yes! Funny thing I posted something similar (words only) and it was removed. I believe it hurt some thin skinned cry babies.

Yes just showed the depth of hatred for Trump getting all those women out there.  Not just in the USA either but over much of the western world.

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Yes just showed the depth of hatred for Trump getting all those women out there.  Not just in the USA either but over much of the western world.

It wasn't only women and it's not only about personal hatred of trump. Fear and dread and showing the will to FIGHT BACK also comes into it!lead-whywewont.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What's even funnier as long as you're going with the misogyny and fat shaming, is that trump is an obese man that brags that he doesn't ever exercise. 

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I could use a bit more exercise. In fact I will start right now by going out and check my mail.....in the rain even.

1 minute ago, lostlink said:

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I could use a bit more exercise. In fact I will start right now by going out and check my mail.....in the rain even.

Yeah, but women find trump very SEXIST piggy for dissing on women for not having perfect bodies when he's, let's face ... OBESE.  

Edited by Jingthing

Isn't it a little too late now Bruce?

By all means, support Hilary leading up to the election but any protest thereafter is meaningless.

Trump was voted in by the American people and the wishes of the American people must be respected. 

20 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

Isn't it a little too late now Bruce?

By all means, support Hilary leading up to the election but any protest thereafter is meaningless.

Trump was voted in by the American people and the wishes of the American people must be respected. 

No, that is incorrect.

You campaign during elections.

You protest all other times when you have a political message.

Other activities as well of course. Pressuring representatives. Developing new political leaders. I think these mass marches were a strong message to democrats that the people don't want the democrats to play dead under the trump train steamroller.

An interesting first big test will be about trump's first POTUS pick. 

Politics is not only about electing people.

By your incorrect view, the Tea Party didn't accomplish anything politically with their protests and was meaningless.

Think of the anti-trump / anti- Putin style strong man leader for the USA resistance as a new kind of Tea Party. 

trump won the election yes but he LOST the popular vote. He is a minority president trying to ACT like he won a mandate and won in a landslide but the people are going to continue to call him out on that lie.

This women's march was the more or less the official beginning of the anti-trumpist resistance, a coming out party as it were. I'm not sure the label RESISTANCE is the best name for it but that seems to be what it's called now. Frankly, even though I never supported them, Tea Party was a much better name. 

Edited by Jingthing

No, that is incorrect.
You campaign during elections.
You protest all other times when you have a political message.
Politics is not only about electing people.
By your incorrect view, the Tea Party didn't accomplish anything politically with their protests and was meaningless.
Think of the anti-trump / anti- Putin style strong man leader for the USA resistance as a new kind of Tea Party. 
trump won the election yes but he LOST the popular vote. He is a minority president trying to ACT like he won a mandate and won in a landslide but the people are going to continue to call him out on that lie.

He did win by a landslide.

Wasn't it 320 to 220?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

He did win by a landslide.

Wasn't it 320 to 220?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No, he did not win in a landslide. 

He lost the popular vote by over three million votes. In history when the elected lost the popular vote but won the electoral college, this was actually the BIGGEST popular vote margin.

As far as the electoral victory, no, no landslide.

Historically the level that trump won the electoral vote was historically in the less impressive margin levels relative to every election in U.S. history. 

The final electoral count was:

307 trump to 227 Clinton

270 needed win

Again, not even close to a landslide.

An example of an actual landslide.

Nixon 520 (60 percent of popular vote)

McGovern 17 (38 percent of popular vote)

I do realize many trumpists actually believe the lies that trump is promoting that he won in a landslide but that's on them for not learning about or caring about the facts.

Edited by Jingthing

24 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

I agree. Get behind the man, you are only hurting your own country. All these ridiculous protests will go nowhere.

Actually, in a flourishing democracy, skepticism and criticism and even ridicule of leaders is a healthy thing. Demanding that everyone get behind the leader is usually demanded of the people in non-democracies.

The election is over, but citizen participation never ends.

Springsteen is a hypocrite. On the one hand, he rakes in cash by singing songs that appeal to the working classes. On the other, he cozies up to the Washington elite and opposes a president whose policies are pro-working class. Why doesn't he instead sing songs that glorify big business and the Clintons?

Instead of 'oh oh oh oh he's a working class man', should be 'oh oh oh oh he's an overpaid after dinner speaker', or 'oh oh oh oh daddy's a Goldman Sachs financier who plays golf with Bill Clinton', etc.

13 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Exactly right - he won because of the rules of the states:

Cluth cartoon.jpg

I am not sure about your point, but if the point you are trying to make is that this cartoon's main ideas benefited Trump then who in fact implemented these changes? Was it not the democrats?

Point is... what a sorry bunch of sore losers!!!

Edited by LazySlipper

14 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I am not sure about your point, but if the point you are trying to make is that this cartoon's main ideas benefited Trump then who in fact implemented these changes? Was it not the democrats?

Point is... what a sorry bunch of sore losers!!!

Can you really be that uninformed about the unrelenting efforts that have been made by Republican controlled state legislatures to restrict and impair voting by citizens who happen to belong to a demographic which routinely votes for Democratic candidates? Gerrymandering, requiring photo IDs which are not usually held by minorities or are very expensive to obtain, closing polling stations in minority neighborhoods, eliminating or shortening early voting opportunities, and so on and so on....

Do a little research before you speak.....

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Springsteen is a hypocrite. On the one hand, he rakes in cash by singing songs that appeal to the working classes. On the other, he cozies up to the Washington elite and opposes a president whose policies are pro-working class. Why doesn't he instead sing songs that glorify big business and the Clintons?

Instead of 'oh oh oh oh he's a working class man', should be 'oh oh oh oh he's an overpaid after dinner speaker', or 'oh oh oh oh daddy's a Goldman Sachs financier who plays golf with Bill Clinton', etc.

You don't get it, do you?

Hillary Clinton would be no means have been the perfect winner!

Not by a mile!

But she would have been soooo much better than Trump, because where he is telling total BS about "giving America back to the people" and at the same time, taking away women's rights, battling LGBTQ- rights, getting people into office who have a) no clue what they are doing and b ) lining their own pockets while NOT protecting people's rights...HRC would not have done half that!

Fighting the bloated manbaby is not getting behind Hillary- it is getting behind women's-, gay-, worker's- ...behind HUMAN rights!

And THAT is, what Springsteen sings about and what he stands for!

I suggest you listen to his music a little closer!

4 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Springsteen's political opinions matter about as much as my five year old grandson's political opinions.

Yet if you are the person educating your grandson, I fear for the moment, he is old enough to vote!

12 hours ago, Vegetablebottom said:

Sure gays and women know about the horrific treatment they are subjected to in Muzz countries. Agreed. But you go on to say that even  knowing that, still have womens right. Who is "they"? Nothing personal, but let's not underplay this: in islamic countries, gays will likely suffer hideous deaths. Are you crazy?  Who in the islamic world would support a women's rights  (particularly as it pertained to reproductive rights)

The reason I'm so turned off by left wing people is coz you fail to acknowledge that thete is true evil allaround you.

Vegetablebottom asks: "Who in the islamic world would support a women's rights (?)"

Reality check:  many Islamists are becoming aware of how badly females are treated in Islamist countries.  Some are active in trying to lessen the ugly restrictions/mutilations that Islam places on women.  It's a tough row to hoe, to undo centuries of prejudice.  

12 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I wonder if Bruce has ever tuned into Youtube and checked out "The Clinton Chronicles" ? Totally beyond me how anyone of a sensible mind could vote for hrc.

My 40 yr old daughter hates HRC also.  What's odd is, she loves Sanders and detests Trump also.  I don't want to argue with her, but privately, I think she believes much of the vindictive fake news being pumped out daily by Trumpsters and other fake news outlets, who make money - depending on how many thousands hits they get on their fake news websites.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Republican Rubio had some serious doubts about Trump's pick for Sec. of State, but Rubio wimped out and voted like a good sheeple to send the nomination to the Senate, where it will be voted upon.   The vote in committee was 11 to 10, so if Rubio had stuck with his principles (do Republicans even have principles, other than making the rich richer?), the committee would have voted against sending the Exxon billionaire's nomination on to the Republican-majority Senate.  The same billionaire who is bosom buddies with Putin, and who enabled Exxon to trash the environment and keep Chadians as the poorest of the poor, by enriching Chad's dictator.  Thus far, it's been squeakers (barely wins) for Trumpsters.  The tide hasn't yet turned against the dark forces, but it will.  When?  I don't know.  Strong spines needed. 

9 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yet if you are the person educating your grandson, I fear for the moment, he is old enough to vote!

I wouldn't worry too much about a poster's 5 year old grandson.  Kids aren't very influenced by their grandfathers re; political orientation.  Look at the younger generation now in the US.  A large majority sided with Bernie Sanders.   Their parents probably sided with HRC and their grandparents mostly sided with Trump.   Trump got the votes of old white people who pop lots of anti-depressants, painkillers, opiods and other pharma drugs, ....many of whom also smoke tobacco and drink hard.  They're also the types who make the added effort to go out and vote.

Liberals tend to be too laissez faire about voting, figuring, "what does it matter whether I vote or not? Plus, HRC is so far ahead in the polls, there's no way that Trump can win."  That snotty attitude is a major reason why Trump won the electoral college numbers.