Bruce Springsteen says the 'new resistance' against Trump has begun

webfact

9 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Isn't it a little too late now Bruce?

By all means, support Hilary leading up to the election but any protest thereafter is meaningless.

Trump was voted in by the American people and the wishes of the American people must be respected. 

Not legit sorry.  Maybe you missed that part? 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Patong2 said:

Too stupid to get a real job and we are supposed to take their advice on who to run the country?

Those are the jobs you do after you finish your main job or training and study.

The truth is, too much weed, drugs and a sense of self importance.

They have the same role in modern society as the court jester of yore.

They are doing a lot better than you, so they must not be to stupid.  Besides, you give them money too, like you have no choice hahaaaaa

On 1/23/2017 at 10:53 AM, ilostmypassword said:

You mean the Russian hacking claims that Trump's spokesman now concedes are true?  

His choice of Tillerman could not even stand the denials, and he came out and said the Ruskies were behind the hacking. It forced Trump's hand. My guess is that he told him he could not be part of an administration that was completely unwilling to even consider facts, and Trump backed down. So much for idiotic denials. 

46 minutes ago, DM07 said:

What?

Seriously?

Dude...really...seriously???

I did what you told me, exactly.

I went to Google then Snopes, the fact checker par excellence, and there it was (much to my surprise)

It is a theory from one Egyptologist, and he certainly knows more about Egypt than you or I.

"Experts may be right more often than the rest of us, but they’re unlikely to be right all the time or anything close to it". (Howards Marks quote, he is a great Clinton donor so you must love his quote)
I'm not sure it is right but Carson is entitled to his opinion just like you and I

Edited by Patong2

1 minute ago, Patong2 said:

I went to Google then Snopes, the fact checker par excellence, and there it was (much to my surprise)

It is a theory from one Egyptologist, and he certainly knows more about Egypt than you or I.

"Experts may be right more often than the rest of us, but they’re unlikely to be right all the time or anything close to it". (Howards Marks quote, he is a great Clinton donor so you must love his quote)
I'm not sure it is right but Carson is entitled to his opinion just like you and I

He is entitled to his opinion?

There are things, that do not need "opinions"!

They are called FACTS!

Or is the genius also entitled to his opinion on gravity?

Thanks for the talk...I have more important things to do...like...watching paint dry...

Just now, DM07 said:

He is entitled to his opinion?

There are things, that do not need "opinions"!

They are called FACTS!

Or is the genius also entitled to his opinion on gravity?

Thanks for the talk...I have more important things to do...like...watching paint dry...

Let me know how it dries,

I've been sitting waiting for the rain shower to pass over Patong so I can get a ride in.

13 minutes ago, Patong2 said:

Can you share the link? I went to snopes and their internal search engine revealed nothing. A google search did show a snopes forum but I'm sure you wouldn't cite that as evidence for anything.

2 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Precisely right...only a pathetic bunch of losers, who are almost exclusively Republican state legislators, would intentionally hinder or interfere with a citizen's right to vote.

OK your point is made. You like Clinton and are upset she lost. Would you be making such a deal if she had won?

Good luck and for now I still think Springsteen is a let down...

14 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

OK your point is made. You like Clinton and are upset she lost. Would you be making such a deal if she had won?

Good luck and for now I still think Springsteen is a let down...

If you had any idea as to how much of a charlatan and con man Trump really is, you would be just as outraged that he has been allowed to sully the office of the President of the United States. He has been cheating people for 4 decades, lied his way out of many criminal investigations, and there is simply no reason to believe that he will be anything different now. Read David Kay Johnston's book, The Making of Donald Trump, and you will get a pretty good idea of the man who now leads the US.

You can think what you want about Bruce, but without a doubt he is a hero to millions of Vietnam veterans and working class men and women.

19 hours ago, ellabbs said:

The guy won.. rightly or wrongly... like the uk voted BREXIT... now we have to leave ..just like people have to shut up and let trump preside over the USA. You never know he might actually do what he said he would. Your starting to be the laughing stock of the world... whining that you didnt get who you wanted in power.. well... do netter next time is all i can say... you live in a democracy and trump won fairly and squarley.... so li k your wounds and come.out in 4 yrars tome.to oust him... but have so.eo e a bit better than hillary. USA hahahaha what a load of whining yanks....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

#1 we do not live in a Democracy, we live in a Republic. 

#2 I am not a HRC supporter, however she did in fact have about 2.5 to 3 million more votes than trumpalumpa, He was Appointed President by an antiquated electoral college just like Bush II was. Here is a meme showing the typical republican voter: Kentucky on SNAP.jpg

6 minutes ago, ellabbs said:

Vietnam... now theres another thing you yanks completely and totaly f***ed up. Youve done the same.to iraq... afghanistan . And now yourselves.. you all voted hilary to stand against him. So bad choice.. did u not think he might win.... numpties

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

You summed up the last 40+ years very succinctly.  What do you think they should screw up next?

Edited by rijb

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Can you share the link? I went to snopes and their internal search engine revealed nothing. A google search did show a snopes forum but I'm sure you wouldn't cite that as evidence for anything.

My apologies, I did a google search as instructed on "Snopes Ben Carson Grain" and clicked on the first link which I now find is actually The Guardian

Fact check: Ben Carson's claim that the pyramids were used to store ...

https://www.theguardian.com › US News › Ben Carson

14 minutes ago, ttthailand said:

Just one more scratched off my listening list.

I respect everyone's right to their opinion but those in the entertainment industry should respect their fans rights to not be questioned or made to feel they are doing something wrong by exercising their right to supporting their president.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So many anti-democrats in the entertainment industry. Nasty. North Korea should grant them asylum.

2 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

If you had any idea as to how much of a charlatan and con man Trump really is, you would be just as outraged that he has been allowed to sully the office of the President of the United States. He has been cheating people for 4 decades, lied his way out of many criminal investigations, and there is simply no reason to believe that he will be anything different now. Read David Kay Johnston's book, The Making of Donald Trump, and you will get a pretty good idea of the man who now leads the US.

You can think what you want about Bruce, but without a doubt he is a hero to millions of Vietnam veterans and working class men and women.

OIIII I want this nightmare to stop... really??? because of born in the USA???? He played the Hollywood craze for Vietnam memorabilia to a capital T. How much of the money he made from that album did he actually give to the vets???? Sorry couldn't give a darn enough to google the info but you probably will.

Trump being called a charlatan or a con man is the pot calling the kettle black in regards to the Clintons. Damned man you really are PC and living in a padded room if you think that any of the politicians that went through the White House are better than any other Tom and Jerry that could take their place. Are you a 21 year old idealist that just graduated from university on a Clinton scholarship? Ohhhhh one question... have there been any Trumpist videos of Trumpists committing violience on Clintonytes?? 

By their actions all the PC's are turning Trump and his followers into martyrs of the internet age... who know maybe in 2000 years they might even have a religion named Trumpianity!

Give Trump a chance. Whether you like it or not he won. I can just picture the videos I saw on RT news... of an African American slamming someone in the back in a flight of stairs... wow!!!! The image of democracy, now matter what it is, sure took a blow in my book when I saw that. Have you seen the people physically attacking Trump supporters??? The degree of violence is appalling... but I guess that 4 years is too long to wait so in the meantime lets just bully and beat anyone who stands in our way 'cos we... the Clinton and Clinton wannabees are right... aren't we????

Beat up and bully is replacing scheming and strategic planning. You don't like what the Republicans did because they outsmarted the democrats??? Well then Waywardwind... you are the sore loser and I surely wouldn't stand in front of you with my back to you  in a stairwell. I am neither a democrat nor a republican cos I couldn't give a rat's ass, but @wholes are @wholes no matter how you slice them and they still come up ham.

Get a life and accept that you lost with dignity.

Edited by LazySlipper

The culture of celebrity believes that an outdated singer has merit and gravity in discussing politics...and he is an idiot because the very same culture of celebrity and cult of personality that makes Springsteen think he is politically relevant and informed is the SAME culture that elected Trump...Springsteen and other elites are clueless and out of touch...they force their opinions on everyone, and consider their ill informed opinions to be fact...citizens of the USA just got tired of being told they are racist, deplorable, and stupid by people who equate luck with knowledge and moral superiority...the election of Trump was a protest vote, and if singers and actors would just shut up and keep their stupidity to themselves, Trump would likely be a one term president...instead, if Trump fails, guess who he legitimately can blame?  The indulged Hollywood elite...

But do you have to be politically informed or knowledgeable to know that a narcissist bully with obviously no integrity is capable of leading the free world? ( why can't we get along with Russia??? ) Putin is a gangster that's why.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

55 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

OIIII I want this nightmare to stop... really??? because of born in the USA???? He played the Hollywood craze for Vietnam memorabilia to a capital T. How much of the money he made from that album did he actually give to the vets???? Sorry couldn't give a darn enough to google the info but you probably will.

Trump being called a charlatan or a con man is the pot calling the kettle black in regards to the Clintons. Damned man you really are PC and living in a padded room if you think that any of the politicians that went through the White House are better than any other Tom and Jerry that could take their place. Are you a 21 year old idealist that just graduated from university on a Clinton scholarship? Ohhhhh one question... have there been any Trumpist videos of Trumpists committing violience on Clintonytes?? 

By their actions all the PC's are turning Trump and his followers into martyrs of the internet age... who know maybe in 2000 years they might even have a religion named Trumpianity!

Give Trump a chance. Whether you like it or not he won. I can just picture the videos I saw on RT news... of an African American slamming someone in the back in a flight of stairs... wow!!!! The image of democracy, now matter what it is, sure took a blow in my book when I saw that. Have you seen the people physically attacking Trump supporters??? The degree of violence is appalling... but I guess that 4 years is too long to wait so in the meantime lets just bully and beat anyone who stands in our way 'cos we... the Clinton and Clinton wannabees are right... aren't we????

Beat up and bully is replacing scheming and strategic planning. You don't like what the Republicans did because they outsmarted the democrats??? Well then Waywardwind... you are the sore loser and I surely wouldn't stand in front of you with my back to you  in a stairwell. I am neither a democrat nor a republican cos I couldn't give a rat's ass, but @wholes are @wholes no matter how you slice them and they still come up ham.

Get a life and accept that you lost with dignity.

You are a real piece of work.

Bruce donated millions to the veterans' organizations, as well as similar amounts to labor unions, strike funds, food banks, etc. This started in the 1970s and continues to this day.

As I said, read the book and maybe, just maybe, your eyes will be opened. Read about the time that he cancelled the medical insurance that his father had put in place for Donald's nephew, who had cerebral palsy and astronomical medical expenses; read more about getting caught red-handed for tax evasion by New York authorities but wiggling out of by offering to testify against others under investigation, and on and on and on... just two examples from a lifetime of conning and cheating people.

Trump will do significant damage to the dignity of the office of the President that will take years to undo.

21 year old idealist? Not hardly. Late 60s, Vietnam infantry veteran, former street cop, former lawyer. Want to put your credentials up against mine?

1 hour ago, WaywardWind said:

You are a real piece of work.

Bruce donated millions to the veterans' organizations, as well as similar amounts to labor unions, strike funds, food banks, etc. This started in the 1970s and continues to this day.

As I said, read the book and maybe, just maybe, your eyes will be opened. Read about the time that he cancelled the medical insurance that his father had put in place for Donald's nephew, who had cerebral palsy and astronomical medical expenses; read more about getting caught red-handed for tax evasion by New York authorities but wiggling out of by offering to testify against others under investigation, and on and on and on... just two examples from a lifetime of conning and cheating people.

Trump will do significant damage to the dignity of the office of the President that will take years to undo.

21 year old idealist? Not hardly. Late 60s, Vietnam infantry veteran, former street cop, former lawyer. Want to put your credentials up against mine?

Congratulations... so you held all the positions a bully can dream of... a soldier who does what he is told.... a flat foot who does what he is told and a lawyer who defends or accuses on behalf of the institution. 

You are a perfect example of a stand up citizen with all the right credentials to bully just as the democrats are doing right now. Your credentials are exactly what the PC's dream of. Sorry old timer I like the bent not the ones who think life is a straight line.

I really hope Trump sticks it to da man!

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Congratulations... so you held all the positions a bully can dream of... a soldier who does what he is told.... a flat foot who does what he is told and a lawyer who defends or accuses on behalf of the institution. 

You are a perfect example of a stand up citizen with all the right credentials to bully just as the democrats are doing right now. Your credentials are exactly what the PC's dream of. Sorry old timer I like the bent not the ones who think life is a straight line.

You and Goldman Sachs both.

5 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Let's hear what you have to say when Trump sticks it to you....

1 hour ago, WaywardWind said:

Let's hear what you have to say when Trump sticks it to you....

Yeah, it's gonna be real interesting when a significant percentage of the sorry (gonna be sorrier) SUCKERS that got CONNED by the master con man sooner or later realize they've been taken to the cleaners. To think that the orange "billionaire" actually cares about the little guy ... wow ... proving once again, nobody ever went broke betting against the intelligence of the American public (H.L. Mencken).

Why Trump’s con can’t last forever

Tax cuts and deregulation will shaft the very people Trump promises to help. Real billionaires in both parties — George Soros and Michael Bloomberg — have called Trump a con man. But even a good con can’t last forever. It won’t be long before working people catch on to Trump’s game and we start seeing lawn signs saying “Dishonest Donald.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-trumps-con-cant-last-forever/2017/01/23/3289ed06-e195-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.226121fc757c

Edited by Jingthing

On 1/23/2017 at 2:30 PM, skorp13 said:

When the U,S drives into civil war you now know who to blame. Madonna and Bruce Springsteen. They are whiny spoiled over privileged entertainers, they are not PHD grads with degrees in political science or at all. Why do these blind sheep keep following them??? Why not give the guy a chance so you have some examples on how he is a terrible president, not just because you don't like him. Future for the U.S looking very grim

Under popular-vote LOOSER U.S. does look grim. But currently b/c of his predecessor unemployment is down to ???? 4%, stock market is high, corporate profits at an all time high, CEO's making salaries that are mind boggling etc. But wait and see. The only thing that doesn't look grim is how Trump's gang will increase their wealth - at the expense of others. He's a taker - not a giver. Hell he WON'T even pay his fair share of taxes.

On 1/23/2017 at 4:26 PM, Jingthing said:

Misogynist / fat shaming garbage.

The election of trump has unleashed this kind of abuse. Haters think they have official OK from the white house to openly be BIGOTED against all kinds of people. 

I agree; think things will get worse unless he is stopped. Just look at the take over. I swear popular-vote LOOSER is doing exactly what his sweetheart Putin is telling him to do in order to take apart U.S. democracy. 

On 1/23/2017 at 4:56 PM, Emster23 said:

Love to hear Trump and Repubicans complaining about "Give Trump a chance". Maybe you were in a coma during the Obama years? The publicly stated goal of Republicans was to make Obama a one term president, and to oppose him on every measure they could. The Garland stonewalled nomination which lasted 9 months fine example of Congress not performing its duties.

Bruce Springsteen wasn't born to rich family, didn't have millions from daddy. He earned his money by working for it. Bruce used his celebrity to have his voice heard. Trump used his celebrity to get elected by credulous people who think reality TV is real. They are due for a major shock when reality sets in.

Yea and to hear Sean Spicer and the other fact free crowd after a/b "5 minutes" say re: questions asked that are real and concerning facts "it's so demoralizing."  What a bunch of punk asses.... no offence to "punks" however. lol What a bunch of thin skinned BABIES. But they what else is new for "bully boys." The chief bully is a coward to the core. Stand up to him and he cries "foul" they're against me... it's rigged against me.... he's of Mexican heritage and against me. lol lol lol lol Now what's that word that starts with a C???????