Kind hearted motorcycle taxi guy shows the true Thai spirit

webfact

Kind hearted motorcycle taxi guy shows the true Thai spirit

2p.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK: -- The story of a kind hearted and responsible Thai motorcycle taxi rider who stayed with a drunk young woman all night to ensure her safety has been wowing the online community.

Thai News Agency caught up with 20 year old Ratchakarn Pheutkhunthot or "Mam" at his rank in Ramkhamhaeng yesterday.

He had posted pictures of his experience online and these had been widely shared by Thais impressed by his sense of duty and responsibility.

Mam said that he had been on his way home to his lodgings near RCA. He was hailed by a group of four women who asked him to take their friend home to the Phayathai area of Bangkok.

But on the way the passenger who was clearly very drunk started to go into unconsciousness and he was worried she would fall off, reports Thai News Agency.

So he stopped outside a convenience store to get her some water. At this point some other men offered to take her home.

Mam rejected this and said he was looking after her. She started wailing about a break up with her boyfriend, the win driver continued, then puked up.

She then passed out at a table in front of the store and he was unable to wake her.

He waited with her until it was light. At 5am a friend phoned her and he answered her phone and it was arranged that he would take her to her friend's place.

He was paid 400 baht for his trouble.

He added: "My passengers are my responsibility. I had to make sure that she was safe. Besides I would be blamed if there was any trouble".

He said that he had been a motorcycle taxi rider for three years since he was 17 and now that he had a wife and young child he realized about being a responsible person.

He warned girls about getting drunk like this and going home alone. Others might not be so lucky as this woman, he cautioned.

He said that the incident happened in the middle of last year but he had only recently decided to put the story with pictures on a Facebook page.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-25

And how could her "friends" put her on a motocy taxi? Wouldn't it be better to bring her home in a real taxi??

If she was honking all over the place I should imagine no taxi would want to take her.

3 hours ago, saigonsunset said:

Well, nothing more important than having good friends that send you home in the middle of the night piss drunk with a stranger. When I was that age we stayed with any friend that had one too many!

Right, one might say her friends also showed the "true Thai spirit"?

4 hours ago, saigonsunset said:

Well, nothing more important than having good friends that send you home in the middle of the night piss drunk with a stranger. When I was that age we stayed with any friend that had one too many!

When I was that age, that was me and all my friends.

Well done to the guy. With friends like hers, who needs enemies. 

I remember being in a nightclub on a date. The bird I was with went to the toilet and was taking an eternity. I went to the outside of the toilet to see if she was okay, and she was helping another bird who was absolutely Munsoned. We finally got some sense out of her and she told us where her friends where drinking. I basically carried her back there and the friends looked so p***** off. They knew she was hammered and just let her wonder off for god knows how long. I sat her down and told them to help her. They looked completely nonchalant. 

Anyway, I understand stupidly drunk friends can be annoying, but you can't just leave them. Especially if they're female. If it's a friend who does it often, simply don't go out with them anymore. 

Despite the  bad  press  many of thses guys get I have found  many are actually not as  bad as painted if  you offer them  some respect. Same as  the tuk tuk  drivers.. 

I congratulate  him  on at least providing a news item that negates  the  usual derogatory  defecated material !

Edited by Dumbastheycome