RANT: Booking Agent

JaySonic

51 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

WOTIF have been around since the year 2000, yet Agoda has only existed since 2007. There's no failure to take duty of care on my part. WOTIF are a massive company, and their parent company Expedia are even bigger. You are not the authority on booking agents. 

Perhaps you might explain where I am 'defending them'. I will NEVER use them again, and I will NEVER endorse them. This is not the meaning of the word 'defending'. 

Very true your defending your own decision well spotted thanks and I spent 15 seconds doing a search on your behalf and your 1 dalliance with this IFFY booking agent could have been avoided by simply googling them and finding customer satisfaction surveyor (oz's largest apparently) productreview.Com.au a shows a measly rating of 1.9 out of 5 compared to Agoda 2.6 and as you say. AGODA is a newer addition the market and yet better rated and globally speaking; much more recognised as a brand. Have a lovely time Jay do keep us updated on your ventures I suspect a few laffs to be had.

Edited by Rc2702
Jays a good laff

1 hour ago, grollies said:

On a road trip with the wife from Mae Phim to Patts we decided we liked the look of a hotel in Sattahip, rooms on jetty into the sea, and phoned for directions saying we wanted to stay that night.

Got there eventually, to be told the hotel was full...

Was a dump anyway but I can understand the OP's frustration. TIT.

Next time you are in that area try 4Palms ... it's impressive. I saw 'your' place on a booking site and thought only the room that is right out in the sea would be okay but as you say not that good ... that was my opinion just by looking at the website.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Very true your defending your own decision well spotted thanks and I spent 15 seconds doing a search on your behalf and your 1 dalliance with this IFFY booking agent could have been avoided by simply googling them and finding customer satisfaction surveyor (oz's largest apparently) productreview. Com a shows a measly rating of 1.9 out of 5 compared to Agoda 2.6 and as you say. AGODA is a newer addition the market and yet better rated and globally speaking; much more recognised as a brand. Have a lovely time Jay do keep us updated on your ventures I suspect a few laffs to be had.

This is the only entry into the debate that you have ? Both a 1.9 rating and a 2.6 rating are CRAP.  Agoda are hardly leading the charge in universal customer satisfaction. Barely more than half the people who use them are satisfied. Big deal. Anyway I did use your beloved Agoda after that, so your share prices are protected, mate. Keep endorsing !

To say a company valued at $700 million is 'iffy' seems to be agenda-driven propaganda. 

What is the most amazing observation is how many people get a stick up their butt simply because I'm sharing my own experience. 

36 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

This is the only entry into the debate that you have ? Both a 1.9 rating and a 2.6 rating are CRAP.  Agoda are hardly leading the charge in universal customer satisfaction. Barely more than half the people who use them are satisfied. Big deal. Anyway I did use your beloved Agoda after that, so your share prices are protected, mate. Keep endorsing !

To say a company valued at $700 million is 'iffy' seems to be agenda-driven propaganda. 

What is the most amazing observation is how many people get a stick up their butt simply because I'm sharing my own experience. 

Enron were 100% stand up. So yeah nothing iffy. 

Just now, JaySonic said:

You just keep hanging on to that 52% approval rating as being illustrative of a quality service, champ. 

5 years x 5 bookings a month is my approval or did you overlook this. 

Anyway make sure you wear a helmet when you ride a bike be it a motor or a bicycle. 

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Famous last words of many a machismo.

You seem to have an awful lot to say about how I'm to go about my business in Thailand. Who I should book with, what I should wear... i'm standing by for advice on what I should eat, and what time I should arise out of bed each day. Because my time there will be fraught with confusion without your wisdom to guide me. 

Edited by JaySonic