Where to buy sprout seeds?

Hal65

Sprouts need firm soil to grow properly. Blokes I know used an old roller.

At least heel the seedlings in. Not sure there are anything like the Cabbage white Butterfly (eat Brasica's and lay eggs on them)

in Thailand.

If so they need netting, really firm the soil up or they'll just blow before maturity (no good for eating).

Edited by lou62

I do like brussel sprouts & so does the missus.

The local weather can be a tad breezy at our house on occasion.

Made the mistake of buying frozen ones at Friendship for xmas & they were pre-cooked so you just warmed them through & they were tasteless.

I saw tinned one yesterday but not a fan of tinned veggies apart from mussy peas (don't want to mix the letters up in those 2 words or else people will think that I'm referring to Donald)

56 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I do like brussel sprouts & so does the missus.

The local weather can be a tad breezy at our house on occasion.

Made the mistake of buying frozen ones at Friendship for xmas & they were pre-cooked so you just warmed them through & they were tasteless.

I saw tinned one yesterday but not a fan of tinned veggies apart from mussy peas (don't want to mix the letters up in those 2 words or else people will think that I'm referring to Donald)

At Friendship. Those in a glass jar are not so bad. German brand: Stollenwerk, German word for B sprouts is Rosenkohl.

Brussel sprouts need frost to mature/ripen/grow properly as do many other veg/fruits hence not grown in Tropical countries....

Citrus fruits like Grapefruits need cool weather also - I prefer them to the Pomelo which grows here but for me can be dry and tasteless in comparison.

Though there are claims that Pomelo is a "Cancer fighting" fruit..... I am not sure about but there are plenty of links on the web about superfruits etc.