Leave our coral alone or else! Signs warn of imprisonment for tourists on Racha Island, Phuket

webfact

Leave our coral alone or else! Signs warn of imprisonment for tourists on Racha Island, Phuket

a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PHUKET: -- Marine authorities fed up with tourists collecting coral and marine life have erected three signs at locations on Racha Island, Phuket.

The signs at Ao Patok, Ao Siam and Ao Theu warn that offenders will be prosecuted with a year in prison and or a fine of 100,000 baht.

Four offences are mentioned on the signs:

1. No anchoring of boats off the island

2. No walking on coral

3 No collecting of marine species or coral, alive or dead

4 No littering

The signs are in Thai, English, Chinese and Russian.

Yesterday Suchart Rattanareuangsee of the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources made a visit to see the new signs end ensure that the rules were being obeyed.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-27

It's not a big secrete that the worst and prolific pillagers and looters of Thai

coral. flora and fauna,  reptiles and all other wild animals  for profit are NOT

the Chinese, nor the Russian or other farangs... Nuff said.....

It's not a big secrete that the worst and prolific pillagers and looters of Thai

coral. flora and fauna,  reptiles and all other wild animals  for profit are NOT

the Chinese, nor the Russian or other farangs... Nuff said.....

One of the languages is Thai. Nuff said.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On Racha Yai, all are responsible !   The tourists for having no common sense, but much more,  the tour operators and tour leaders, for letting this happen...   I have seen countless dsd's there (meaning;  discover scuba diving programs ) where the Instructors are pulling a line with a float on it, and a bunch of tourists  ( who can't swim ) are hanging on to it...  trashing the coral life  ( the ' Instructors' ) and touching clown fish,  or everything..   feeding fish, trying to take that extra picture to sell on the boat.

And the Instructors themselves, being responsible for conducting such a program. And not educating their guests any environmental awareness.

Never seen anything like this, in  ..... ty other places I worked.

A disaster going on there and so much coral damage, I can not see it anymore and prefer not to teach any courses there , no, not go diving there at all anymore ! 

Maybe something will finally be done there now, but I doubt it will make any difference, since life / boats/ business will go on in Phuket. 

28 minutes ago, hanssna said:

On Racha Yai, all are responsible !   The tourists for having no common sense, but much more,  the tour operators and tour leaders, for letting this happen...   I have seen countless dsd's there (meaning;  discover scuba diving programs ) where the Instructors are pulling a line with a float on it, and a bunch of tourists  ( who can't swim ) are hanging on to it...  trashing the coral life  ( the ' Instructors' ) and touching clown fish,  or everything..   feeding fish, trying to take that extra picture to sell on the boat.

And the Instructors themselves, being responsible for conducting such a program. And not educating their guests any environmental awareness.

Never seen anything like this, in  ..... ty other places I worked.

A disaster going on there and so much coral damage, I can not see it anymore and prefer not to teach any courses there , no, not go diving there at all anymore ! 

Maybe something will finally be done there now, but I doubt it will make any difference, since life / boats/ business will go on in Phuket. 

To a certain extend I agree with you, but your example is really bad. Especially the DSD's hanging on the line don't touch or harm anything.