Thais warned they cannot work in Malaysia without a permit after 50 arrests

rooster59

1 hour ago, Savilesghost said:

Most believe they should be given a work permit solely on basis of the fact they are white and from a western country 

1 hour ago, impulse said:

No, most think they should be exempt from any silly WP requirements because they're white and from a western country.  

And if they hail from a European country they probably think that the EU Single Market applies (or should apply) in Thailand!

On 28-1-2017 at 8:02 PM, Wilsonandson said:

A friend of mine had his finger prints taken as part of the work permit process

If you enter Singapore they always take your fingerprints..also for tourists...no big deal, gives me a safe feeling as i have nothing to hide.

Edited by Thian

Just now, Thian said:

If you enter Singapore they always take your fingerprints..also for tourists...no big deal, give me a safe feeling as i have nothing to hide.

Take whose finger prints as a toursit in Singapore ? Thai nationals ? [email protected] Mrs regularly goes with me to Singapore and never once has she been finger printed...stop telling lies or trolling 

I took a van from hat yai to Penang recently. The Thai driver got pulled over twice by the Malaysian police, apparently the first officer "fined " him 1000b, the second 500 baht because he knew him. Not sure if the amount was actually what he claimed but we certainly where stopped. Never happened to me before, so wondering if there is a concerted effort