Trump bars door to refugees, visitors from seven nations

rooster59

BTW, as regards what is and isn't considered Islamic fundamentalist terrorism...

I think in the early days for the U.S., there was a perception that TERRORISM had to involve some kind of foreign-directed organization and backing or direct personnel involvement being part of the incident. And lacking that, it really wasn't full-blown TERRORISM like the Osama bin Laden kind.

But as time has passed and experience has grown, it's become clear that it equally can be considered TERRORISM when the assailant is a lone wolf acting entirely on their own -- but if MOTIVATED by Islamic fundamentalist ideology and venom toward western and U.S. society. The latter variety is the kind represented by most of the recent Islamic terrorist attacks in the U.S. in recent years, as opposed to the original 9/11 style concept.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rhys said:

...so now there is a movement to impeach Trump.... wished it worked that way, but they don't impeach a president for being an AH only...   The deep state has put him there for a purpose..

There are grounds based on financial corruption. It's just a matter of republicans building up the cajones to do it. I don't buy your BS that the "deep state" wanted trump. trump did a hostile takeover of the republican party and then ran the most disgusting campaign of hate in American history and squeaked himself in over an admittedly flawed opponent. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There are grounds based on financial corruption. It's just a matter of republicans building up the cajones to do it. I don't buy your BS that the "deep state" wanted trump. trump did a hostile takeover of the republican party and then ran the most disgusting campaign of hate in American history and squeaked himself in over an admittedly flawed opponent. 

trump was given this for a purpose...... 55555..stay tuned.... the shadow and the wilderness of the mirrors know.... Cheers mate

wow this thread has legs.  So many opinions and its got people off the couch.  I wonder if this Ban came from some intelligence.  I do wonder how much security all of Trump properties are getting and I sure don't expect the US taxpayers to pay a red cent.    I can tell you no way would I be caught anywhere near a Worldwide Trump named property.  To many trump isn't just a bad president he is a disgusting human.  IF he has his way I can see rivers burning from toxic wastes like they did in the 60's 

Precedents in US history

The Immigration Act of 1924 (The Johnson-Reed Act)

The United States has long prohibited the entry of nationals of certain countries into their territory. At the end of the nineteenth century, several laws prohibited the Chinese ( Chinese Exclusion Act -1882)and almost all Japanese from staying in the U.S

These laws were subsequently strengthened in 1921 to apply to almost all Asian countries.
Subsequently, in 1924, Congress passed a federal law to limit immigration, favoring people from Western Europe to the detriment of those from Eastern Europe, almost all the countries in the Asia, and Africa.

Edited by Opl

2 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

All forward thinking people must appreciate that Mr Trump has done more in the first days of office than any previous president.

All promises being fulfilled.

Why can anyone complain as he is fulfilling all wishes of the American people.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sure, if you're looking forward to the USA degrading into a white supremacist,  authoritarian state, a "great American" start. 

Sure, if you're looking forward to the USA degrading into a white supremacist,  authoritarian state, a "great American" start. 

The whole world is now looking forward to the demise of the looney liberals.

After decades of failed immigration policies, the forward & decent thinking people are now voting along with the liberal looneys and out voting them.

UK and US both voted unanimously for new forward thinking leaders who place their OWN people first. What's wrong with that?

France and Germany will certainly follow in 2017. Anyone disagree with that?

Aylar, a Norwegian famous  model and poker player with dual Norwegian-Iranian citizenship has been denied entry into the US. 

Every year she normally stays in Las Vegas  , and now she can't go there!  Big news story in Norway right now.  Trump who owns several hotels in Vegas will actually lose business. What a stupid man . 

ee5e4dfb8887117d22fcc68ef8ba80f2?t%5B0%5 

Forward thinking? More like backwards thinking. In trump's case his slogan America First refers backwards to a Lindbergh's American fascist movement. 

Can you honestly debate the fact that he is already fulfilling all his promises?

Would you prefer that he allows Islamist extremists into the US to the detriment of American people?

1 minute ago, LammyTS1 said:

Can you honestly debate the fact that he is already fulfilling all his promises?

Would you prefer that he allows Islamist extremists into the US to the detriment of American people?

Against Islamist extremists. Also against trump's tactics which play directly into the hands of Islamist extremists. trump is a huge GIFT to them and some other U.S. adversaries such as Russia. 

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nice that we're getting the trumpist propaganda here so we don't have to look for it ourselves. NO EQUIVALENCE between these two situations. Also keep in mind Guiliani has confirmed trump was seeking a FULL MUSLIM BAN to do it legally, but found that was not possible, so what he did was an alternative with the same intent. So fooling nobody including global peaceful Muslims. Imagine how many terrorists the insane clown president has created with this idiotic Muslim ban? 

No doubt thousands, if not millions, of terrorists will be created.   I'm terrified.

You must be joking!!!

JT, I generally like your posts, and you often make a lot of sense, but I think you are a scare monger of the highest order on this issue

Against Islamist extremists. Also against trump's tactics which play directly into the hands of Islamist extremists. trump is a huge GIFT to them and some other U.S. adversaries such as Russia. 

I'm sure every American would prefer that, rather than allow Islamist extremists into their country? Yes?

He is only fulfilling what he said he would do prior to the election.

Why criticise him and American people who voted for him when he is doing exactly what American people want?

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

No doubt thousands, if not millions, of terrorists will be created.   I'm terrified.

You must be joking!!!

JT, I generally like your posts, and you often make a lot of sense, but I think you are a scare monger of the highest order on this issue

I can't support trump's damaging fascism theater. The USA has entered a dangerous phase going with an authoritarian demagogue. A significant percentage of Americans gets that already. More will later. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Terrorists acting in the USA didn't come from trump's Muslim ban list. They came from other nations like Saudi and a big trend is HOME GROWN terrorists.

JT, you really need to get more sleep!!   It's 4.25 AM there!!!

Do you really believe that because 'home grown', and a few other countries aren't actually mentioned that they aren't under scrutiny?   That would be exceedingly naive.

1 minute ago, LammyTS1 said:

I'm sure every American would prefer that, rather than allow Islamist extremists into their country? Yes?

Why criticise him and American people who voted for him when he is doing exactly what American people want?

The majority did NOT vote for him. He only got about 27 percent of eligible voters. He has no mandate. He's playacting that he has a mandate that he does not have. We won't let him forget that. 

2 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

Agreed Lammy, DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED,and if he didn't follow through with his commitments, the very same people who are criticizing him for doing so, would be criticizing him for not honoring his undertakings prior to the election.

The majority did NOT vote for him. He only got about 27 percent of eligible voters. He has no mandate. He's playacting that he has a mandate that he does not have. We won't let him forget that. 

We are not debating election results here. He clearly won 320 to 220, a huge margin if i am not mistaken but were not on this topic to discuss this.

We are debating immigration policy which previous presidents have supported.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

JT, please don't go down that path again.   He was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED, UNDER THE EXISTING ELECTORAL SYSTEM.

Under that system, it is possible to be elected without a majority of the popular vote.  That's it!!  You argue that he got only about 27% of the eligible vote, but not all the eligible voters actually got off their butts and voted, so that's an irrelevant argument.  You would argue that if more had voted, he would have been beaten.   The contrary argument is, of course, that if every eligible voter had bothered to vote, he would have received a far greater percentage.  We will never know.

That argument has been done to death, and only a few hardliners try to come back to it again, and again.....and again.  

This thread is about a ban on movement of people from certain countries.  Let's stay on that.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Speaking of protests, that's how Americans are expressing themselves now:

Citizens exercising their constitutional right to assemble, organize and have their voices heard by their elected officials is exactly what we expect to see when American values are at stake.
With regard to comparisons to President Obama's foreign policy decisions, as we've heard before, the President fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/obama-statement-on-trump-ban-protests/index.html?adkey=bn