SWEDEN AT BREAKING POINT: Police make urgent plea for help as violent crime spirals

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

You will not find a translation in any mosque, translating the word of God is haram. If they do read translations they have even less excuse for not seeing the horror that their belief system is.

Where do you get off on making this stuff up?  It is not harem to translate the Quran, it is the most translated book in the world and Muslims in different countries read it in different languages.  If you had read it then you would know just how similar it is to the other books, the Torah and the Bible and you would not be here singling out the Quran, they all have some nasty stuff in, most of it originating in the Torah and some being copied into the Quran and Bible.

50 minutes ago, thai3 said:

You will not find a translation in any mosque, translating the word of God is haram. If they do read translations they have even less excuse for not seeing the horror that their belief system is.

Please stop trying to assert the practise of Islam is the same throughout the Islamic world, it's simply untrue. e.g. Thai translation of the Koran in mosques in Thailand (the previous King paid for the translation and printing). The local Imam also uses Thai translation to teach the Koran in after school classes at the mosque though the children are taught to recite passages in Arabic. 

Rape is a crime in the Islamic world, usually with a death sentence. Can you personally provide creditable evidence those committing the crime of rape in Sweden is not based upon anything other than criminality. If you look at the government agency rape stats in Sweden you will note since the change in law with the manner of reporting rapes they have remained fairly static, in some years actually decreased, this info does not reflex your & others insistence of increasing numbers of asylum seekers / refugees in Sweden mirrors a parallel curve of increase in rapes.

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

They even rape the disabled

THEY, is that really how simple you are?  Those five men raped a woman in a wheelchair and so now THEY rape women in wheelchairs, presumably THEY meaning Muslims?  And when a British person rapes and murders a small child do THEY, British people, become child rapists and murderers in your mind or just that one man who did the raping and the murdering or do you reserve this pathetic level of bigotry for Muslims?

Edited by Shawn0000

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, LammyTS1 said:

Have we confirmed the reason for all of this?

Why is Sweden at breaking point?

Why do the police have no control?

Why have native Swedes turned to such violence?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The fact is that Sweden is not at the breaking point. That headline had little to do with the substance of the article which was about a city in Sweden.

Trump, who in his first weeks in office has tried to tighten U.S. borders sharply for national security reasons, told a rally on Saturday that Sweden was having serious problems with immigrants. "You look at what's happening last night in Sweden," Trump said. "Sweden. Who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible."

No incident occurred in Sweden and the country's baffled government asked the U.S. State Department to explain. Sweden's crime rate has fallen since 2005, official statistics show, even as it has taken in hundreds of thousands of immigrants from war-torn countries like Syria and Iraq. Trump and his extreme right wing supporters have been widely criticized for making assertions with little or no supporting evidence.

Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom appeared to respond to Trump on Saturday by posting on Twitter an excerpt of a speech in which she said democracy and diplomacy "require us to respect science, facts and the media."  Her predecessor was less circumspect.

"Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound," former Foreign Minister Carl Bildt wrote on Twitter.

Other Swedes mocked Trump by posting pictures of reindeer, meatballs and people assembling IKEA furniture.

Breitbart and The Express hysterical contributions are unhelpful as always.

It is true that Sweden needs greater numbers of police now to cope properly with the situation. They will probably need to raise salaries to make this happen.

I do very much hope that they, and the Danes, get on top of this problem which they do not deserve. 

58 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Breitbart and The Express hysterical contributions are unhelpful as always.

It is true that Sweden needs greater numbers of police now to cope properly with the situation. They will probably need to raise salaries to make this happen.

I do very much hope that they, and the Danes, get on top of this problem which they do not deserve. 

The culture of Europe will be forever altered by this inflo of Muslim immigrants. Look what happened to France after millions of North Africans. 

They will not integrate but become a permanent underclass of welfare abusers and drug dealers.  Unfortunately, unless action is taken soon, it will be too late(like France). 

God bless Donald Trump(God as in Christian God who taught me to turn the other cheek/ love thy neighbor/ etc)

they don't get it. Nor do the news people who are 99% Democrat and 100% agnostic. 

Edited by funandsuninbangkok

42 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

The culture of Europe will be forever altered by this inflo of Muslim immigrants. Look what happened to France after millions of North Africans. 

They will not integrate but become a permanent underclass of welfare abusers and drug dealers.  Unfortunately, unless action is taken soon, it will be too late(like France). 

God bless Donald Trump(God as in Christian God who taught me to turn the other cheek/ love thy neighbor/ etc)

they don't get it. Nor do the news people who are 99% Democrat and 100% agnostic. 

Where to begin?

Well I'm 100% aetheist so all the theocratic stuff is meaningless to me.

But I am a humanitarian and we should do what we can to help including getting these people back home again when it's safe.

Although I anti Muslim. it's their own fault and I'm not going to give my list of thirty odd reasons why here.

So, I applaud the generosity of Scandinavian hospitality and I hope they recover unscathed.

As for Trump, I think we'll leave him for the men in the white coats ?

Finally I don't think Breibart or The Express are either Democrat or Agnostic. Do you?

Access to Swedish government crime statistics available below. As an example reported rape and sexual offences against women increased by .2% from 2005 to 2014, does this percentage increase reflect the growth of the Muslim heritage population in Sweden for the timeline? Answer, "No", dramatically below the Muslim population growth rate for the period.

https://www.bra.se/bra/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics.html

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Access to Swedish government crime statistics available below. As an example reported rape and sexual offences against women increased by .2% from 2005 to 2014, does this percentage increase reflect the growth of the Muslim heritage population in Sweden for the timeline? Answer, "No", dramatically below the Muslim population growth rate for the period.

The increase you mention - 0.2% - actually represents a 12.5% increase. This being from 1.6% in 2005 to 1.8% in 2014 (down from 2.4% in 2013).

Perhaps of more concern is that of the numbers contained within this section:

Reported sex offences

Number of reported sex offences: all reported offences, of which sexual molestation, rape (including aggravated), and sexual coercion, exploitation, etc.

This has increased from 12,147 in 2006 to 18,057 in 2015 (down from 20,326 in 2014), this being an increase of 48.7%.

Perhaps you missed this particular graph in your review of the statistics.

On 29/01/2017 at 3:53 PM, Ulic said:

Unfortunately for Sweden they have made their bed and will have to sleep

in it. The second shoe will drop for Sweden/Germany in a year when family

reunification starts to occur. It is a human rite to have your family with you.

Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, cousins etc..etc..

I believe the UK allows a 17-1 reunification. (that is what I have been told

by Brits. Not sure if it is true) Oh well.  

Not true. Only the family unit. They're not daft, you know!

17 hours ago, dabhand said:

The increase you mention - 0.2% - actually represents a 12.5% increase. This being from 1.6% in 2005 to 1.8% in 2014 (down from 2.4% in 2013).

Perhaps of more concern is that of the numbers contained within this section:

Reported sex offences

Number of reported sex offences: all reported offences, of which sexual molestation, rape (including aggravated), and sexual coercion, exploitation, etc.

This has increased from 12,147 in 2006 to 18,057 in 2015 (down from 20,326 in 2014), this being an increase of 48.7%.

Perhaps you missed this particular graph in your review of the statistics.

In 2015, a total of 18,100 sex offences were reported; this is an 11 per cent decrease as compared with 2014. The number of rapes reported to police decreased by 12 per cent to 5,920 between 2014 and 2015. Reported offences regarding sexual molestation and sexual coercion, exploitation etc. also decreased to 8,840 (-8 %) and 1,430 (-6 %) respectively. The decrease seen in these types of offences was in turn preceeded by a rise in 2014. This can in part be explained by a number of cases that included a great many connected offences relating to rape, sexual molestation, sexual cohersion and exploitation.

https://www.bra.se/bra/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics/rape-and-sex-offences.html

Whatever way the stats are presented the bottom line is an apparently small number (granted any level of abuse is unacceptable) of the Swedish population have been reportedly exposed to all sex crimes i.e. 1%. 1% hardly represents the never ending claims that Swedish females  suffer from an enormous wave of sexual criminality; At the same time as repeatedly highlighted as of 2005 (?), if a person is attacked, say at home, over months, each instance is reported in the stats which has led to the growth of numbers in sex crime reporting. as opposed to other countries which 'only' report on number of victims.

By way of comparison, believe it is worthwhile, nearly half a million adults are sexually assaulted in England and Wales each year with  approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men raped in England and Wales alone every year (approx 5,900 in Sweden). 

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/statistics.php

Edited by simple1

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

Ummm it's 2017 and most of the rabble just got there and started their rape spree. 

Didnt  to think of that or just trying to help?

6 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Sweden failed to suppress the moderate Muslim immigrant population from committing crime throughout Malmo.

Let's hope this can be stopped from happening all over Sweden before the radical Islamist immigrants do extreme damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The problems that Sweden has been experiencing are social unrest, and it is of all demographics in the area, not specifically Muslims, they use the loga, "We are one", and that is the general sentiment, and they have also been experiencing a gang problem, and there are gangs from all over, Swedish gangs, Bosnian, Somalian, all sorts, again, not specifically a Muslim problem.  Anyway, their overall crime rate has fallen despite their population increasing with immigration, so what is this failure to suppress crime that you mention if nothing but tabloid hysteria?    

9 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Documented evidence they are totally screwed but President Trump is an idiot to speak about Sweden being a bad role model according to the mainstream press. 

Americans don't want this shiet in our county. Hell look at Southern Thailand for another example of multiculturalism. 

I guess the saying is true. There are some ideas so idiotic only intellectuals can actually believe them. Muslims integrating into Non-Muslim countries is one stupid idea. Never happened. Ain't gona! 

You want to look at a former country that was taken by force and given to another to rule and continues to fight for autonomy as an example of multiculturalism?  Hardly seems fair!

10 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Ummm it's 2017 and most of the rabble just got there and started their rape spree. 

Didnt  to think of that or just trying to help?

There has been no "rape spree", that was just something made up by an Israeli-American publication, it has been debunked time and time again, the stats are down not up.

21 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

There has been no "rape spree", that was just something made up by an Israeli-American publication, it has been debunked time and time again, the stats are down not up.

Wrong O Bleeding Heart

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/20/trump-may-have-been-unclear-but-sweden-experiencing-migrant-crime-wave.html

39 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

What in that Fox news article do you think counters my comment that there has been no "rape spree"?  There are no stats given, nothing to compare with, so why do you think it tells you something?  Just the headline enough for a simple Fox fan?

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

In 2015, a total of 18,100 sex offences were reported; this is an 11 per cent decrease as compared with 2014. The number of rapes reported to police decreased by 12 per cent to 5,920 between 2014 and 2015. Reported offences regarding sexual molestation and sexual coercion, exploitation etc. also decreased to 8,840 (-8 %) and 1,430 (-6 %) respectively. The decrease seen in these types of offences was in turn preceeded by a rise in 2014. This can in part be explained by a number of cases that included a great many connected offences relating to rape, sexual molestation, sexual cohersion and exploitation.

https://www.bra.se/bra/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics/rape-and-sex-offences.html

Whatever way the stats are presented the bottom line is an apparently small number (granted any level of abuse is unacceptable) of the Swedish population have been reportedly exposed to all sex crimes i.e. 1%. 1% hardly represents the never ending claims that Swedish females  suffer from an enormous wave of sexual criminality; At the same time as repeatedly highlighted as of 2005 (?), if a person is attacked, say at home, over months, each instance is reported in the stats which has led to the growth of numbers in sex crime reporting. as opposed to other countries which 'only' report on number of victims.

By way of comparison, believe it is worthwhile, nearly half a million adults are sexually assaulted in England and Wales each year with  approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men raped in England and Wales alone every year (approx 5,900 in Sweden). 

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/statistics.php

I will ignore your lack of response to my correction of your .2% increase to an actual increase of 12.5%. In addition, your desire to only look at a short-term movement (which I had already noted in my post), as well as being a complete change from your original post on this subject, this being based on a publication which gives a trend over a number of years, suggests more of a desire to try and make the facts fit with your agenda. Some might call it cherry-picking, others may have a stronger view.

Now to your version of alternative facts in your comparison between E&W and Sweden over the rape statistics. Ignoring the clear difference in populations (58m / 10m), the numbers quoted for E&W just do not match up with actual facts.

If you had wished to delve a bit deeper into the E&W report you would have seen the basis for the 85,000 figure. This being noted on pg6 and is a calculation which assumes that only 0.5% of females actually report such crimes. In other words, an assumption, not actual reported figures (which is the basis for the Sweden figure). Table 3.1 gives the figures for reported rapes, this being 16,000 for 2011/12 (latest figures in the report). When matched with the population difference your comparison comments look rather lame.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/214970/sexual-offending-overview-jan-2013.pdf

I have no agenda on this issue other than to attempt to critique posts that purport to use statistics to prove a point which, on closer examination, do no such thing. I do believe the use of 'alternative facts' should be called out whosoever is the author.

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Shame a person who thinks murder of rubber farmers and teachers is fair game for a crime committed 100 years ago can't help me. Bummer. 

I didn't say what they do is fair game, I said nothing in support of their actions, what I said was that their separatist movement is not comparable to immigration, and it is not, it is daft to compare them and the only reason you are seeking to compare them is because they are problematic Muslims, that is clearly how deep you have thought this one through.

16 minutes ago, dabhand said:

I will ignore your lack of response to my correction of your .2% increase to an actual increase of 12.5%. In addition, your desire to only look at a short-term movement (which I had already noted in my post), as well as being a complete change from your original post on this subject, this being based on a publication which gives a trend over a number of years, suggests more of a desire to try and make the facts fit with your agenda. Some might call it cherry-picking, others may have a stronger view.

Now to your version of alternative facts in your comparison between E&W and Sweden over the rape statistics. Ignoring the clear difference in populations (58m / 10m), the numbers quoted for E&W just do not match up with actual facts.

If you had wished to delve a bit deeper into the E&W report you would have seen the basis for the 85,000 figure. This being noted on pg6 and is a calculation which assumes that only 0.5% of females actually report such crimes. In other words, an assumption, not actual reported figures (which is the basis for the Sweden figure). Table 3.1 gives the figures for reported rapes, this being 16,000 for 2011/12 (latest figures in the report). When matched with the population difference your comparison comments look rather lame.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160105160709/https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/214970/sexual-offending-overview-jan-2013.pdf

I have no agenda on this issue other than to attempt to critique posts that purport to use statistics to prove a point which, on closer examination, do no such thing. I do believe the use of 'alternative facts' should be called out whosoever is the author.

You are comparing countries stats which use completely different recording methods, they are incomparable as has been pointed out several times on this thread already.

Just now, Shawn0000 said:

You are comparing countries stats which use completely different recording methods, they are incomparable as has been pointed out several times on this thread already.

It was simple1 that was doing the comparison of different countries stats. I was merely pointing out that the basis was incorrect. Looks like he was adding multiple layers of 'incomparables'.  Should your comment not be directed there?  

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

I did not ignore your comment with regards to my number of 0.2, what I said was to the effect even taking into account your number, it would appear the overall sexual crime rate is still relatively low (when compared to the commentary from the far right / alt right sources. Have to wait and see the latest reported numbers from BRA if the decrease continues or otherwise. In the reverse you appear to ignore the change in law that would have significantly contributed to the increase in reported sexual abuse cases since 2005 (?).

Yes, you're correct I did not dig down into the UK ONS 2015 report numbers below, a significant disparity from the rape crisis organisation. However the rape crisis group do qualify their numbers by including attempted rapes which I assume are not included in UK government reporting.

"Sexual offences recorded by the police continued to rise with the latest figures up 41% on the previous year; equivalent to an additional 27,602 offences. The numbers of rapes (31,621) and other sexual offences (63,861) being..."

I am not attempting to create 'alternate facts', but endeavouring to understand the reality, as opposed to the incessant drumbeat of opinionated hysteria and vilification from certain members of this forum.

Perhaps the article below make my points better than me.

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/2/20/14669572/sweden-trump-immigrant-crime

Edited by simple1

5 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Lets have them then

OK, this is found in all three books, here taken from the Bible:

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Edited by Shawn0000