502 Bad Gateway

alocacoc

Hi

There are some websites which gives me the answer 502 Bad Gateway on Windows 7. I red, there is nothing to do on the client side since the error is somewhere on a server.

BUT, I'm able to open the same websites on my android smartphone. Connected by WiFi. Therefore methinks, is something wrong on my local pc. Any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Yes, every single time. I tried it on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

And to my second question?

I say that because sometimes I get that with Browsec and I don't when it's turned off, or vice versa.

502 Bad Gateway, get the same here on a few sites most days, started last month.......... and yes same with using Zenmate 

Opps something went wrong....

only difference on PC is new have True Fibre Optic 100 Mbps  instead of ADSL 13 Mbps .. had TRUE installed Christmas 2003 was the only option in this area back then.... never had this 502 Bad Gateway before in all those years here + many years on Chrome. using W10 for over a year.

The site work fine on a friends PC in Bangkok..

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

In my case it's not the provider. Because, on my smartphone which is connected to the same router the sites are working. I changed the DNS but the result keeps the same. I also did flash the DNS cache.

So you think its a local problem. Clear all browser cache scan the registry for bad or corrupt entries turn off firewall disable all security and plugins.

The most common advice will point you away from the client because the http data carrying status codes is sent from the server. This is not always true because the client is
quite capable of throwing up a 402 error locally.

You failed to mention how long this has been happening. Could it relate to a change you made or something you installed.

32 minutes ago, maxpower said:

So you think its a local problem. Clear all browser cache scan the registry for bad or corrupt entries turn off firewall disable all security and plugins.

The most common advice will point you away from the client because the http data carrying status codes is sent from the server. This is not always true because the client is
quite capable of throwing up a 402 error locally.

You failed to mention how long this has been happening. Could it relate to a change you made or something you installed.

Clear Browser Cache: Done

Scan Registry: Done

Turn off Firewall: Done

Also scanned for malware/viruses.

Same result.

First time I recognized it, about 1 month ago. I thought, well, they have a problem with their server. But since a few days, some other website are affected as well. I did nothing change on the system. Even didn't install anything, apart from the weekly Windows 7 updates.

I forgot to mention, when I use a free webproxy, the sites shows up. No problem. But why it works without a proxy on the Smartphone which uses the same network? The PC (actually a notebook) is always connected by LAN. I tried WiFi, same issue.

Still think the problem is local.

Edited by alocacoc

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Clear Browser Cache: Done

Scan Registry: Done

Turn off Firewall: Done

Also scanned for malware/viruses.

Same result.

First time I recognized it, about 1 month ago. I thought, well, they have a problem with their server. But since a few days, some other website are affected as well. I did nothing change on the system. Even didn't install anything, apart from the weekly Windows 7 updates.

I forgot to mention, when I use a free webproxy, the sites shows up. No problem. But why it works without a proxy on the Smartphone which uses the same network? The PC (actually a notebook) is always connected by LAN. I tried WiFi, same issue.

Still think the problem is local.

Then Chicog was correct, adding  proxy fixes the problem.

There are tools to trap this but I think its best to stay with try and check method.

If you take the notebook to the local coffee shop and hook up does it still happen ?

14 hours ago, alocacoc said:

In my case it's not the provider. Because, on my smartphone which is connected to the same router the sites are working.

I've had a similar (intermittent) problem as you on some web sites since I changed to the AIS Fibre service. As Chicog says using Browsec when the problem occurs usually fixes it ( in the same way as using webproxy does for you). As for comparing your phone with your PC, yes they're on the same router (as mine are) but the actual web addresses for the sites accessed via windows are likely to be different to the web addresses used when accessing via android. So they sites you are trying to access will probably be accessible on android but not on windows.

As an example, a UK newspaper site has been blocked on windows in Thailand for a long time now but has always still been accessible using the app on android, when using the same router . That newspaper has recently released a windows compatible app for windows phones that can also downloaded onto windows PC's. That app is not blocked on any windows PC either but is still blocked using the normal web address.