Marriage visa ext, Juristic person refuses copy of ID

I was all set to go to Chang Wattana this week to do an extension for my marriage visa, have all documents ready, except for the ID card and Tabien Baan for the Juristic person for the Condo that we rent. My Thai wife explained why we needed it but she said she (Juristic Person) did not want to give it; no reason just didn't want to do it.  Suspect they are driving farangs out of the condo !

We have a rental agreement and show monthly receipts.

Has anyone had this problem and did they get an extension without the copy of ID and Tabien Baan.

many thanks for any help.

2 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

They probably don't pay taxes on the rental income and are afraid to get caught.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Why would you just expect people here to be giving copies  of there ID and Tabien Baan when it is absolutely nothing to do with them for someone to get a visa extension?

It's always difficult to give a copy of personal documents to a stranger...

You should show her (juristic person) a print of the official site (in Thai) where they list the needed documents. maybe it will help.

Tell her to write on the copies something like "for visa extension use only" with date and maybe your name and passport number...

• Like 2

The documents you require is the ID and blue book of the "owner" of the condo you rent, the person you rent from. Nothing to do with the Juristic Person. Is your lease between you and the Juristic person ?

The Juristic person would have a blue book, but not for the property you rent, the owner would have that. 

Juristic Person could possibly provide a letter from condo managment saying you live there. 

The JPs Blue book could be for a farm in issan, not the condo you rent.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

The rentals with the owning company, the apartments are not owned by individuals. Also there is no committee at this block, very Thai type.

Looks like I will need to move before I can apply for the visa extension.

5 minutes ago, roiethome said:

The rentals with the owning company, the apartments are not owned by individuals. Also there is no committee at this block, very Thai type.

If it is a business that owns the apartment and its name is on the agreement a house book and ID copy would not be needed.

3 minutes ago, roiethome said:

OK, so its an older style apartment block not a condominium, therefore the person you refer to as the JP, is not the JP,  he is a manager. Again, you dont require his ID or blue book, he is not the owner or the person you rent from. 

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Have you talked with president of condo association? Sometimes admin gets a bit full of themselves, forget they are supposed to be working for the owners

I hink OP is a renter, not the owner of the condo and would thus would not have any juristic rights....only the Chanote holder can have juristic status?

I went to Immigration at Chaeng Wattana last week for a one year extention of stay based on a non-immigrant OA visa.

My wife and I only had a copy of the rental agreement of our condo (6 months) and copies of the proof that we payed the rent for the last 3 months. Nothing from the owner/juristic person. Everything in English.

No problem.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

I have had 4 extensions of my retirement visa at Chang Watanna and have never been asked for a copy of the owners book nor a copy of my lease. Maybe I 'm just lucky but I don't think so. 

The OP is applying for an extension based upon marriage not retirement. For those they are stricter on their requirements for proof of residence.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Current lease is in the name of the manager of the condo block, so we decided to move out and found a farang friendly apartment block where he will provide copy of ID and Housebook.

This gives me another problem !

My letter of income from the embassy has the old condo address on it. If I show lease from olden new apartment and explain why the move, does anyone think that CW Imm will accept the letter or do I have to get a new letter with the new apartment address - more expense.

thanks.

9 minutes ago, roiethome said:

Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Current lease is in the name of the manager of the condo block, so we decided to move out and found a farang friendly apartment block where he will provide copy of ID and Housebook.

This gives me another problem !

My letter of income from the embassy has the old condo address on it. If I show lease from olden new apartment and explain why the move, does anyone think that CW Imm will accept the letter or do I have to get a new letter with the new apartment address - more expense.

thanks.

Having a different address on the income letter should not be a problem. If needed showing your previous address should be enough to satisfy them you have recently moved.