Shameful: Farang lowlife cons Thais stuck in traffic by lying about robbery

webfact

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

And, once again, the person doing something underhanded is a farang, but we immediately redirect the bashing to Thais and Thailand.

And, even more often that not the person bashing the farang eg "this sort of felony also happens in London, Paris & New York", is used to deflect adverse comment about Thais, by non other than ..............?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, joebrown said:

And, even more often that not the person bashing the farang eg "this sort of felony also happens in London, Paris & New York", is used to deflect adverse comment about Thais, by non other than ..............?

I (as a foreigner) / we are responsible for every foreigner's action here in Thailand. What took place is deplorable, but first some Thais might not know that it happens abroad (and we get scammed too)*, so we are providing perspective,  and second it never makes the news it is so common. It is true that it should be easier to get the guy (and I hope it happens) because we are the minority and there is a picture. It looks like from the responses that this guy is a professional.

*I once had a falang, Dutch guy, called ... (I am not making this up) Barro*, a painter, scammed me for some 400 B. He actually had a bit of a reputation in the building I found out later on. He was a good artist from what I saw and he did pay me back in kind with one of the ugliest caricatures of me ever produced. And, yes, it was a caricature. LOL

* That was his real name, btw.

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Oh yeah I mean deaf lol

Where do you live I've never seen a Westerner do this in Thailand before?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

At the time I was living in North Pattaya. There is a Coffee World coffee shop in the shopping centre that houses Big C (last time I was there it was closed due to construction) ... they used to come in a few times and do this. I've also seen this in other parts of Thailand but not with foreigner.

5 hours ago, George Graham said:

When Thais con Farungs, why are they not referred to as "shameful low life Thais?"

My sentiment exactly. Who wrote this article?  Katoeys in Pattaya bash an old man with a rock and rob him, and its reported so matter-of-fact. A Farang does something less vile and he's a shameful / shameless low life. Talk about double standards. Plus, when did "Farang" become part of the english language? It's a thai word used by Thais. In an english article it should have been "foreigner". The media likes to use the Falang word when they have done something wrong. 

4 hours ago, nkg said:

Don't you ever get bored of making the same post .... again, and again, and again ....

Obviously not, you clearly cherish your role as the number 1 Thai apologist on these forums.

Somebody has to remind the TB of their repeated whines about Thai.

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Is this all that xenophobic Thais can throw at us?
A man sleeps with a 17 year old. A man asks for gas money, 20 baht. A couple of Wanner be drug dealers caught with 60 E's get there life taken away from them.
Hardly harden criminals.
The rise of nationalistic xenophobic witch hunts has increased. Tread carefully now my fellow foreigners.

In Europe and the U.S they have reason to be wary of who they let in with the last 2 years of Isis terror attacks. What utter nonsense gets people into a fury with foreigners out here. Like the drunk Italian's pulling some flags down. O.t.t nationalism.

The only xenophobia shown here is with TVF trying to stir the pot.Where is the xenophobia shown by Thais.I'm surprised they put up with us.

1 hour ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

I (as a foreigner) / we are responsible for every foreigner's action here in Thailand. What took place is deplorable, but first some Thais might not know that it happens abroad (and we get scammed too)*, so we are providing perspective,  and second it never makes the news it is so common. It is true that it should be easier to get the guy (and I hope it happens) because we are the minority and there is a picture. It looks like from the responses that this guy is a professional.

*I once had a falang, Dutch guy, called ... (I am not making this up) Barro*, a painter, scammed me for some 400 B. He actually had a bit of a reputation in the building I found out later on. He was a good artist from what I saw and he did pay me back in kind with one of the ugliest caricatures of me ever produced. And, yes, it was a caricature. LOL

* That was his real name, btw.

Ease up EA,if you were responsible for me you would have a full time job.I will let you be responsible to yourself and keep your biz to yourself.

There seems to be no end to low-life farangs here. A place I frequent for a morning coffee often has a farang of some sort drinking tea. He usually gets three cups out of one tea bag. He asks for more hot water, sugar and milk to use that same tea bag and expects the restaurant to do it. Of course, he only pays for one tea. The worst part about it, he is not the only one who expects at least a second cup of tea from the same bag without paying for the water, sugar or milk.  Is that expectation common among tea-drinkers?

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

There seems to be no end to low-life farangs here. A place I frequent for a morning coffee often has a farang of some sort drinking tea. He usually gets three cups out of one tea bag. He asks for more hot water, sugar and milk to use that same tea bag and expects the restaurant to do it. Of course, he only pays for one tea. The worst part about it, he is not the only one who expects at least a second cup of tea from the same bag without paying for the water, sugar or milk.  Is that expectation common among tea-drinkers?

My God the wickedness these low life farang get up to.