Pick up truck load regulations

Boatfreak

i would guess to be safe do not exceed axle weights and GVW, and no more than a foot (  30cm) overhang from the body and no more than 10 foot (3M) off the ground, notice the use of both imperial measurements and metric to please all nationalities

19 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i would guess to be safe do not exceed axle weights and GVW, and no more than a foot (  30cm) overhang from the body and no more than 10 foot (3M) off the ground, notice the use of both imperial measurements and metric to please all nationalities

Thank you do you know where I can find your "guess" ?

the thai road rules have specific dimensions in terms of overhang to the rear and allowable overhang at the sides as well as detailed instructions about tying a red rag to warn other road users etc.

I am sorry that I cannot provide you with a link at this time but googling 'Thai Road Rules.' should get you on the right road.

the thai road rules have specific dimensions in terms of overhang to the rear and allowable overhang at the sides as well as detailed instructions about tying a red rag to warn other road users etc.

I am sorry that I cannot provide you with a link at this time but googling 'Thai Road Rules.' should get you on the right road.

59 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

There are regulations???

When I was researching how to aquire a Thai licence I recall wading through the equivalent of The Road Traffic Act. It was very specific about dimensions and loading. If I can find the link I will post it.

Is there really a limit here in LOS? I see pick ups every day overloaded or conveying unsafe loads, come to think of it a lot of the pick ups should not be on the roads with defective lights etc.., err, hang on....

- A lot of vehicles on Thai roads are overloaded and /or in an unsafe condition and driven by in a lot of cases by incompetent, unlicensed lunatics

as connda said, since when does it matter?

1 hour ago, Lokie said:

Is there really a limit here in LOS? I see pick ups every day overloaded or conveying unsafe loads, come to think of it a lot of the pick ups should not be on the roads with defective lights etc.., err, hang on....

- A lot of vehicles on Thai roads are overloaded and /or in an unsafe condition and driven by in a lot of cases by incompetent, unlicensed lunatics

as connda said, since when does it matter?

Because he sounds like he is farrang. Opportunity too boost the Christmas party fund.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:30 AM, steve187 said:

Thanks, now I know what you are talking about half the time

This morning about 07.20 a pick up drove past me on  Patong beach rd full of construction workers in back all stood up and packed to the gills, looked like at least 20, I thought that guy should be booked and fined! Under Thai vehicle sharing he could have squeezed at least another 10 workers in the back thus saving a bit of carbon footprint?

Accidents waiting to happen and no one in power really gives a flying fornication, just another day in Paradise...

• 6 months later...

I was approached for a 200 baht 'fine' for having six, covered potted plants in the pickup tray as the officer had determined they were 'too tall'. When I asked if he could provide a receipt for my 'fine', he suggested that the 'fine' would then be 400 baht. So looking in my wallet where I typically do carry a few red bills just for such contingencies, I was worried to see that I hadn't prepared well at all and only had a single 1000 baht note. I showed him this in my otherwise empty wallet and asked if he could make change. Although he appeared to be less than pleased, he stepped back and shouted, "Bye-Bye" while waiving me back into traffic which I thought was quite nice.