British man, 55, found dead in Phuket from alleged suicide

webfact

British man, 55, found dead in Phuket from alleged suicide

Eakkapop Thongtub

1486090729_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers attend to the dead man at the property in Rawai. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 55-year-old British man was found dead in a house at Rawai yesterday in what police believe was suicide following a spate of rows with his Thai girlfriend.

At 4:30pm yesterday (Feb 2), Capt Somkiet Sarasit of the Chalong Police was informed that a man had been found dead at a property in Rawai.

Capt Somkiet together with rescue workers from Khusoldharm, Ruamjai Kupai,and Rawai Municipality arrived at the house to find an an unconscious foreign man lying naked on the bed with a black plastic bag covering his head. The bag had been tied around the man’s neck.

“There was no evidence of a struggle in the room or on the man’s body,” Capt Somkiet said.

Capt Somkiet said that a letter was found in the room stating the man really loved his girlfriend but they were having problems.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-55-found-dead-in-phuket-from-alleged-suicide-60890.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-03

20 minutes ago, petermik said:

That is it then,the the authorities conclude the chap tied the bag around his own head indeed :unsure:..case closed...R.I.P. the the gentleman :jap:

"Capt Somkiet believes that suicide was the cause of death, but the incident would be investigated further."

3 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

police believe was suicide following a spate of rows with his Thai girlfriend. ! explains it all case closed !!!

"Capt Somkiet believes that suicide was the cause of death, but the incident would be investigated further."

British man found suffocated in Phuket

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A British man from Liverpool was found dead with a plastic bag taped around his neck at a house in Rawai yesterday afternoon.

His partner, Rasamee Khaigarb, contacted Capt Somkiet Sarasit of Chalong Police to report the incident at about 4pm. The policeman arrived at the scene with rescue teams.

“We found the 55-year-old man lying face up with a black garbage bag over his head. He was naked, but covered by a blanket. A roll of electrical tape also lay nearby, which had been used to keep the bag in place as well as to avoid air from going in or out,” Capt Somkiet told the Phuket Gazette. “There were also five nearly empty packets of pills nearby, of which 45 had already been used.”

Police confirmed that there were no injuries or bruises on his body.

The victim’s partner told police that the two of them had had an argument on Saturday, after which she left the one-storey house.      

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/British-man-found-suffocated-Phuket/66217?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-02-03

3 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

A former soldier down that road 'cause of a chick? I don't get it ...

RIP man 

No neither do I, its a big shame, he was a good lad and a bit of a character in the Battalion 

Edited by Caps

Find it difficult to sympathize with the farang.  If you want to come to Thailand and get involve with some Thai ladies what do you expect?

Please don't blame the BIB or the Thais , you come to Thailand, get drunk, fight with locals, offend them,  married their women, you shouldn't be doing any of these things at all. Just have a nice short holiday and leave peacefully. Pay 50 baht more if they ask for it, for heaven sake don't argue and get knife stick in your tummy.

Farangs don't fit into the Thai society- can't they see it?

On 2017/2/2 at 10:08 PM, trogers said:

Few countries of ASEAN have the same soul captivating power of Thai dames...

No, nothing to do with captivating power, just that they make it easier for your slip your manhood into their little...........you know what. You mistook that for something else.

Find it difficult to sympathize with the farang.  If you want to come to Thailand and get involve with some Thai ladies what do you expect?
Please don't blame the BIB or the Thais , you come to Thailand, get drunk, fight with locals, offend them,  married their women, you shouldn't be doing any of these things at all. Just have a nice short holiday and leave peacefully. Pay 50 baht more if they ask for it, for heaven sake don't argue and get knife stick in your tummy.
Farangs don't fit into the Thai society- can't they see it?

Any connection between your post and the OP?

sent using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Any connection between your post and the OP?

sent using Tapatalk

Yes, of course, I see posts saying the BIB said this was a suicide case and closed , so they blame the BIB for not doing their job. The BIB have their hands full dealing with all the foreigners fighting with their girl friends. That's why I said, just screw , pay and go home. What's so romantic about some country girls not being able to communicate with you in real time. Get what I am talking about? This post is connected directly to the problem just that you don't see it  because I am critical of foreigners in Thailand. ( I no longer want to use the word farang lest I be accused of racism. )

The Thais cannot put up with the superiority complex and ego of the foreigners, they just country folks for heaven's sake.

30 minutes ago, madusa said:

No, nothing to do with captivating power, just that they make it easier for your slip your manhood into their little...........you know what. You mistook that for something else.

Lots of places in ASEAN where you can do the slipping, and a number of places at cheaper rates too...but...

Such a past time do not capture your soul to the extend of leaving behind your parents and relations through suicide...

16 hours ago, trogers said:

Lots of places in ASEAN where you can do the slipping, and a number of places at cheaper rates too...but...

Such a past time do not capture your soul to the extend of leaving behind your parents and relations through suicide...

You may be right there. So it's the charm of Thai dames.

1 hour ago, madusa said:

Yes, of course, I see posts saying the BIB said this was a suicide case and closed , so they blame the BIB for not doing their job. The BIB have their hands full dealing with all the foreigners fighting with their girl friends. That's why I said, just screw , pay and go home. What's so romantic about some country girls not being able to communicate with you in real time. Get what I am talking about? This post is connected directly to the problem just that you don't see it  because I am critical of foreigners in Thailand. ( I no longer want to use the word farang lest I be accused of racism. )

The Thais cannot put up with the superiority complex and ego of the foreigners, they just country folks for heaven's sake.

Maybe you would prefer that nobody from overseas came to Thailand, just sent their money...

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Beware of those tattoos on their backs...some are supposedly magical charms (from Khmer priests) to rein in their catches...

Hm, i don't think that's exactly what you had in mind, still a good story.
This chick cheated on her bf, a tattoo artist, he found out. She wanted some romantic motive from the Narnia-gig - that's what she's got, she wasn't pleased much apparently ;-)

p.o.s.-tattoo-cheater-NOT Narnia.JPG