Broken-hearted knife-wielding student runs wild in Phuket police station

webfact

Broken-hearted knife-wielding student runs wild in Phuket police station

The Phuket News

1486101122_1-org.jpg

The boy (circled) was caught on CCTV chasing the girl through the police station. Photo: Screengrab Phuket City Police

PHUKET: A 17-year-old Phuket school student who had just been dumped by his girlfriend was caught on CCTV chasing her through Phuket City Police Station last night (Feb 2) waving a knife. The boy is currently being assessed by psychiatrists at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Lt Col Santi Prakobpran, an investigating officer from Phuket City Station who was at there when the incident took place, told The Phuket News today (Feb 3), “I was on duty when at 7:15 pm a young girl came running into the station. Soon after a young man came running in after her shouting and waving a knife about 25 centimetres long.

“The boy run around the desks and started shouting that he wanted us to shoot him.

“He kept repeating ‘Shoot me now policeman, shoot me now’,” Lt Col Santi said.

“The boy was very big, but he did not threaten us in any way. He was clearly upset so we didn’t want to hurt him, we just wanted to protect the young girl.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/broken-hearted-knife-wielding-student-runs-wild-in-phuket-police-station-60896.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-03