Two men die in separate electric shock accidents in Patong

rooster59

Two men die in separate electric shock accidents in Patong 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1486179801_1-org.jpg

The two men were pronounced dead on arrival at Patong Hospital withing the space of half an hour. Photo: The Phuket News file

PHUKET: Two male electrical workers have died after receiving electric shocks while fixing appliances in Patong yesterday afternoon (Feb3).

At 1 pm yesterday (Feb 3), Lt Col Weerapong Rakkhitoe of Patong police was informed by Patong Hospital that a man had died after being transferred to the emergency room for treatment.

Lt Col Weerapong arrived at the hospital found a man’s body with no visible signs of injury from the shock.

Police named the man as Thai national Mr Detch Gamhlong, 27, who was fixing a lift in a hotel on Prachanukrao Rd in Patong when he suffered the fatal electric shock.

Staff at the hotel called Patong Hospital who dispatched an ambulance to treat Mr Detch, but he was pronounced dead upon arrival at the emergency room.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-men-die-in-separate-electric-shock-accidents-in-patong-60909.php#QB6KZdlqPm4TieaK.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-04

42 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

The dangers of electrics in Thailand.

Actually both incidents are likely related to poor working practices, power on, working alone, insufficient training.

55 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Actually both incidents are likely related to poor working practices, power on, working alone, insufficient training.

When the education system rests on the keystone called 'No-Fail', you can be sure there would be quite a number of unqualified professionals...

In reality even some of the "qualified" ones are, pretty darn useless.

I work with some very, very good Thai engineers (several of whom are ladies), unfortunately there are an equal number who don't know one end of a wire from the other. Of course the good ones carry the not so good reducing the overall quality of the team, it's just the way it is :(

The Jack-of-all-trades maintenance guy at my condo replaced a faulty outlet in my kitchen a few weeks back. On the first try, when I flipped the breaker back on, the outlet exploded in a massive arc due to a short. The breaker had flipped off, but just to be sure, this genius started poking at the connections with his screwdriver. He was doing it quickly, as if he thought it would protect him if there were still current running through there. Anyway, he cleaned it up and tried again. This time it worked. Not sure how these guys manage to live beyond 30 though, the way they do things. lol

Me and her-indoors stayed in hotel in Patong recently.
The A/C unit was sat on the balcony landing outside, so 2nd day there, inadvertently touched it only to receive a shock . Does my civic duty by reporting it to the owner since we were renting monthly and,m it was getting wet most days along with the balcony floor.
Her advice : Don't touch it .... Not " I'll get that looked at for you." Just don't touch it.
Really, ya think ?

9 hours ago, 6thST said:

Electric scares the hell out of me here in Thailand....

Me too! I had a bunch of electrical with a new breaker box installed, everything looked great and then the so called electrician asked where I wanted my cut coiled up, green ground wire put. I about had a shit fit! The reason I had the work done was the understanding my house was going to be grounded securely.