Younger guys looking for love... same traps?

kimura89

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, kimura89 said:

One thing i don't want to get sucked into is a relationship based purely on money. Is it easier to find this for a young, decent looking farang?

I think you'll find most - if not all - relationships in Thailand are based purely on money. It makes the world go around, unfortunately.

18 hours ago, Dale59 said:

Don't be fooled. In the end all relationships with women are predominantly financial transactions. Yes there is love if you're lucky and even luckier if it lasts, but as statistics show that most divorces in the west are caused by financial issues, the facts bear me out. Thai women are no different whether they come from the bar or not. The good news is that their financial expectations are far less than the typical western woman so even as a young guy you may have a shot if you have a decent income. The one benefit of the doubt you don't get with the average Thai women is your future earning potential. A western woman will size that up based on family status, education and basic confidence and ambition and move forward on the come. Generally speaking, the Thai women you'll have access to don't give you that benefit and want to know you can take care of them now. That will be far more important than your good looks and charm! That is why older guys are a better option in many instances. While the average young Thai woman may prefer a young and good looking guy, it's not as big as a priority as financial security and someone who treats them well and with respect. Even the HiSo girls place status above romantic love. Pretty smart when you think about it! And don't be fooled or misled by jaded posters here, these women do know how to love and when they do fall they fall hard and you better not screw with that if you're smart! Lol. Like anywhere else, you need the right gal no matter where she comes from so you need to know yourself and what you want. Older guys have the advantage there as well. I married a much younger bar girl over 10 years ago and it's the best decision I ever made. I knew what I was getting into and was fine with it! It's all about knowing your own expectations and needs, and managing and accepting theirs!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hate to piss on your fire but I bet she has a long term plan 

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Have you ever watched "When Harry met Sally"?

Did Harry have a Masters from the same school? Apart from the school of life where does one obtain such a degree. Is there home work involved. The younger you are the younger your selection pool. Therein could lie a problem daddy may have a shotgun. 

On 2/6/2017 at 7:33 AM, kimura89 said:

But what about someone that's in their late 20's early 30's? Is there a 'better' perception of the younger farangs by the younger Thai females that's more aligned to finding genuine love? Or is everyone thrown into the same bucket so to speak...

I live at a place in Thailand, where most of the young girls actually looks for, and also date, young or younger farang men. And I also met younger handsome farang men looking for dating a young Thai girl, not because they cannot find a gorgeous Western girlfriend, but because they find the Western girls so complicated and demanding in their dream of "the prince on the white horse" that it's almost impossible to fulfill. 

Yes, you will have good chances to find genuine love with a young Thai lady, but – because there is a huge but – there is a cultural gap. Many, if not most Thai ladies expect their boyfriend/husband to be a provider, so the case is not that different from a successful win-win relationship between an elder gentleman and a much younger Thai lady. And even you may feel it's real love, you still have the risk of meeting a so-called gold digger...:sick:

Most of my Thai friends here are young, or younger ladies in their 20'ies and 30'ies – well, most are firstly friends of my girlfriend, and that's how they became my friends also; a few the other way round – and in general speaking their dream about "the prince on the white horse" is a younger pale farang that can be both a gentleman, boyfriend, and level of provider. I'm talking about what would be considered as "normal ladies" working in a "normal job"; but many a bird in the nightlife has the same Pretty Woman-dream, so when you enter the disco's and beach parties, the birds mingles with good girls, so it's hard to tell who-is-who – if not really extremely sexy dressed, smoking, and with lots of tattoos – and a birds from the nightlife can also fall in love and become a good girlfriend or wife, when she finally find her prince on the white horse.

But I also meet quite a number young crying girls, crying because being so much in love with this handsome young pale-farang-prince – who also loves her so much – because it cannot work, he cannot provide, he cannot take care enough of her mum-and-dad, because he's too young to be rich enough for a Thai girlfriend, or he has not yet finished studying. I'm not generalizing, but the provider-part is often quite essential...

By the way, most of the young girls I've met, their dream-prince is a pale handsome farang, early to mid 40'ies, no wife, no children, not drinking, good work (i.e. income/money) – but I presume it's not all that black-and-white only, there are at least 50 shades of gray also – so it's a question of finding the right balance of true love.
Why not give it a try...:smile:

Edited by khunPer

20 hours ago, Dale59 said:

Don't be fooled. In the end all relationships with women are predominantly financial transactions. Yes there is love if you're lucky and even luckier if it lasts, but as statistics show that most divorces in the west are caused by financial issues, the facts bear me out. Thai women are no different whether they come from the bar or not. The good news is that their financial expectations are far less than the typical western woman so even as a young guy you may have a shot if you have a decent income. The one benefit of the doubt you don't get with the average Thai women is your future earning potential. A western woman will size that up based on family status, education and basic confidence and ambition and move forward on the come. Generally speaking, the Thai women you'll have access to don't give you that benefit and want to know you can take care of them now. That will be far more important than your good looks and charm! That is why older guys are a better option in many instances. While the average young Thai woman may prefer a young and good looking guy, it's not as big as a priority as financial security and someone who treats them well and with respect. Even the HiSo girls place status above romantic love. Pretty smart when you think about it! And don't be fooled or misled by jaded posters here, these women do know how to love and when they do fall they fall hard and you better not screw with that if you're smart! Lol. Like anywhere else, you need the right gal no matter where she comes from so you need to know yourself and what you want. Older guys have the advantage there as well. I married a much younger bar girl over 10 years ago and it's the best decision I ever made. I knew what I was getting into and was fine with it! It's all about knowing your own expectations and needs, and managing and accepting theirs!

I dispute the first line of your post.  I met my current boyfriend when I was financially secure in my own right.  Something which I worked hard for for 44 years.  I am still financially secure with my own money, I have never been and never will be dependant on any man for financial help.

My own financial security adds to the closeness of our relationship as I ask for nothing.

So, not all women are the same as per your statement.

Thai women are quite different to Western women.

Their order of things is the following:

Money first and foremost.

Then usually family.

Then their work.

Then where they live.

And their status within that community.

And somewhere way down on the list is Love. And this isn't as important to them as it will be to you.

They are also pretty complex people. They tend to have a list of Thai female rules that are never explained to you until you break a rule. That basically puts you on their shit list. I explained that I would be happy to follow your rules, but I need to know them ahead of time. This isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I would keep one hand on my wallet, one hand on my brain and make sure it is functioning the whole time, never assume anything. Assuming makes an Ass out of U and Me......lay out the word. Ass U Me.

Good luck....and let us know how you get on, as we can all learn something from each other.

23 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I hate to break it to you but that was acting.

The only way I can prove it to you is if you were a trollop.

And may I say how relived I am that you aren't?

True Dr Holmes but not very hygienic with random pussy. Just need one latent herpes 2 and bye bye good looks ( assuming of course........) 

57 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

I dispute the first line of your post.  I met my current boyfriend when I was financially secure in my own right.  Something which I worked hard for for 44 years.  I am still financially secure with my own money, I have never been and never will be dependant on any man for financial help.

My own financial security adds to the closeness of our relationship as I ask for nothing.

So, not all women are the same as per your statement.

I love nurses......

42 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

True Dr Holmes but not very hygienic with random pussy. Just need one latent herpes 2 and bye bye good looks ( assuming of course........) 

I have a foolproof way for weeding out dodgy recipients….not everyone gets to enjoy the Holmes special.

28 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I have a foolproof way for weeding out dodgy recipients….not everyone gets to enjoy the Holmes special.

Word on the Soi is that Holmes has a 12 inch tongue and can breath through his ears.

No wonder the ladies are happy:smile:

5 hours ago, ttthailand said:

Just seen a YouTube video (real education...haha) about two types of girls to never marry as it won't last; first is the girl who had sex before 14 years old and the second is any girl with over 16 sex partners. The odds of success is only 20% for those types.
So in Thailand this suggests that all bar girls working for a month or more will not be a good pick.

I think any relationship in Thailand that starts with a bar fine is out. Also any relationship where the woman is not working or has no income is out.

So basically none bar girl with a decent job who is willing to keep working should be what to look for in a partner.

Your last sentence is my wife to a tee.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:51 PM, JHolmesJr said:

As I tell anyone who will listen….forget everything else…just focus on your love making skills.

With mad skills in that dept you will be the one being chased not the other way around.

I have a Masters in Cunnilingus and let me tell you: they fall in love very easily when encountering that.

Keep telling yourself that, because these Thai gals are masters at telling you what you want to hear. Oh, but your different, so you think. 

31 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

One word: bugling.

Ahhh takes me back to my youth. Bagpipes were my forte but the principle is pretty much the same.......

hey hey how come the global mudderetors have not descended on us?

:post-4641-1156693976:  :smile:  :thumbsup:

Thai women are a sucker for a tidy, polite, generous and handsome man. They fall in love hard. If you fall in love too, then you probably have a winner. However, as other posters have said, every couple is different. I must have met literally a hundred or more Thia woman before I fell in love with my (now) wife. What makes her different from any other Thai? She has the same foibles and annoying traits. I honesty don't know.

All I can say is that I knew it was love went she went away for a few weeks and I missed her terribly. For all the others, I never thought about them when they moved on.

So, what is true love? If you find it you will know even if it means putting up with the wayward family, demands for money and all the other shit that goes on in Thailand.

34 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Thai women are a sucker for a tidy, polite, generous and handsome man. They fall in love hard. If you fall in love too, then you probably have a winner. However, as other posters have said, every couple is different. I must have met literally a hundred or more Thia woman before I fell in love with my (now) wife. What makes her different from any other Thai? She has the same foibles and annoying traits. I honesty don't know.

All I can say is that I knew it was love went she went away for a few weeks and I missed her terribly. For all the others, I never thought about them when they moved on.

So, what is true love? If you find it you will know even if it means putting up with the wayward family, demands for money and all the other shit that goes on in Thailand.

Never a truer word spoken my friend. Same for me, there are times I could happily strangle her but then I look at her. 56 yrs old and still my heart melts after almost 20 years... 

lLove? Cannot explain. Either you know you have it or you don't. 

On 2/6/2017 at 2:51 PM, JHolmesJr said:

As I tell anyone who will listen….forget everything else…just focus on your love making skills.

With mad skills in that dept you will be the one being chased not the other way around.

I have a Masters in Cunnilingus and let me tell you: they fall in love very easily when encountering that.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:31 PM, giddyup said:

There's only one thing worse than someone bragging about what a great fighter they are, and that's someone who brags about what a great lover they are. Of course if they brag about both then they are a total bell end.

Amen to that Giddyup, I found that also to be true for people who brag about money and assets as well. Most braggarts fall way short. The humble/modest folks are the ones that usually have it.

To the OP,  Meeting a women/gal here is no different then meeting/dating in the west if you are a stable, respectful, responsible guy. I didn't meet my now wife because I came here to find one or because I couldn't in the states, it just happened and she checked off a majority of the boxes. Don't let all these old timers convince you that they are all after money because many men here that's all they do is open their wallets and then complain all women only want money. 

If you are 25 - 35 or so you can easily meet a gal in BKK who is likely strapped up in cash with some well off parents. I know quite a few and I work with quite a few.  Its up to you to screen to find the right one. You are the one in control of that. Again no different then likely your home country. Would you date a girl from the ghetto then complain all she wants is money?

On edit, Relationship are exactly what you make them. 

Edited by JAFO

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Amen to that Giddyup, I found that also to be true for people who brag about money and assets as well. Most braggarts fall way short. The humble/modest folks are the ones that usually have it.

To the OP,  Meeting a women/gal here is no different then meeting/dating in the west if you are a stable, respectful, responsible guy. I didn't meet my now wife because I came here to find one or because I couldn't in the states, it just happened and she checked off a majority of the boxes. Don't let all these old timers convince you that they are all after money because many men here that's all they do is open their wallets and then complain all women only want money. 

If you are 25 - 35 or so you can easily meet a gal in BKK who is likely strapped up in cash with some well off parents. I know quite a few and I work with quite a few.  Its up to you to screen to find the right one. You are the one in control of that. Again no different then likely your home country. Would you date a girl from the ghetto then complain all she wants is money?

On edit, Relationship are exactly what you make them. 

Alright Rasputin.