60 day tourist visa

• 4 months later...

Can anyone confirm if it is still possible to get a 60 day Thailand tourist visa in Phnom Penh, and are they still free ?

Thought I would resurrect an older thread rather than start a new one.

16 minutes ago, taxin said:

Can anyone confirm if it is still possible to get a 60 day Thailand tourist visa in Phnom Penh, and are they still free ?

Yes it is possible.

Not free unless you are from a one of the  17 countries that qualifies for a 15 day visa on arrival.

Yes you can get a 60 day tourist visa in Phnom Penh, visa costs $40 , get an agent will cost more $$, you need to provide bank statements and onward flight tickets, better to get a 30 day stamp on the border and another 30 day extension 1900 bht, only applies to most Western countries though, good luck.

If I enter Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa am I able to apply for a 1 year extension of stay towards the end of the 60 day period ? Or does this only apply if entering on a non Immigrant visa ?

On 2/6/2017 at 4:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not all but many want them now.

Penang and Vientiane do not ask for tickets or financial proof.

In Penang, they do indeed ask for financials for non O multi entry and have done so for almost a year now, Sir. 

Edited by DerekMarshall

18 minutes ago, taxin said:

If I enter Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa am I able to apply for a 1 year extension of stay towards the end of the 60 day period ? Or does this only apply if entering on a non Immigrant visa ?

Does not apply to a tourist visa. . 

Edited by DerekMarshall

19 minutes ago, taxin said:

If using a tourist entry (60-day entry with tourist visa or 30-day visa exempt tourist entry) then it is possible after completing a series of steps, to get a one-year extension. The first step, which must be started while you have at least 15 days left on your tourist entry, is to apply for a conversion to a non immigrant entry. (At one point, this needed to be done in Bangkok, requiring two visits to Chaeng Wattana immigration 15 days apart, but now many local immigration offices are allowed to handle it.) This then puts you in a similar situation to someone who entered Thailand on a single entry non immigrant visa (i.e. you have a fresh 90-day non immigrant entry). Towards the end of that 90-day entry, you apply for the one-year extension.

If you reveal where you will be living in Thailand, someone here may well be able to tell you if the local immigration office can handle the conversion, as well as any specific roadblocks they may erect to complicate the process. If you can apply for a single entry non immigrant visa before coming to Thailand, that is usually simpler.

Yes I think the single entry non O immigrant visa would be a better option. Do they issue them in Phnom Penh ?

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If using a tourist entry (60-day entry with tourist visa or 30-day visa exempt tourist entry) then it is possible after completing a series of steps, to get a one-year extension. The first step, which must be started while you have at least 15 days left on your tourist entry, is to apply for a conversion to a non immigrant entry. (At one point, this needed to be done in Bangkok, requiring two visits to Chaeng Wattana immigration 15 days apart, but now many local immigration offices are allowed to handle it.) This then puts you in a similar situation to someone who entered Thailand on a single entry non immigrant visa (i.e. you have a fresh 90-day non immigrant entry). Towards the end of that 90-day entry, you apply for the one-year extension.

If you reveal where you will be living in Thailand, someone here may well be able to tell you if the local immigration office can handle the conversion, as well as any specific roadblocks they may erect to complicate the process. If you can apply for a single entry non immigrant visa before coming to Thailand, that is usually simpler.

Yes I think the single entry non O immigrant visa would be a better option.

Do they issue them in Phnom Penh ?

2 hours ago, taxin said:

Yes I think the single entry non O immigrant visa would be a better option.

Do they issue them in Phnom Penh ?

I expect they do. @ubonjoe will be able to confirm this in the morning.