Prayut plays down fortune teller’s grim prediction

snoop1130

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality he is bound to be severely rattled by this prophecy, since all Thais believe in this type of mumbo jumbo and ghosts and stuff. Watch this space for the fortune teller to reverse the prophesy after a discrete visit by helmeted MPs or, failing that, to be arrested under the Computer Crimes Act for spreading false prophecies.

1 hour ago, Essaybloke said:

'Fortune tellers'?   I read it... I still don't believe it.....  :shock1:

It's not a "one off", he has regular consultations with Warin Buawiratlert.

Oh yes, and there's more:

At one point, when he was feeling a bit unwell, he claimed that "spells" were being cast on him by political opponents.

He has a collection of "lucky" rings and chooses which one to wear depending on its relevance to any particular activity.

He wears an elephant hair bracelet as a general purpose "defence" against bad luck.

(Before robblok homes in I should mention that some simple people in the West wear St.Christophers medallions out of more than habit, tradition and convention)

Edited by Enoon

I sincerely think that this country has served a lot better under his leadership as apposed to the previous years and decades of recent history. Not sure Thailand is ready for actual democracy.  

“Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage.”

Edited by M71
forgot the quote

The best fortune teller is a brilliant mind but even this can not predict the unpredictable. Hence, it will come as it eventually comes with or without fortune telling or in other words there is nothing to worry about, honey coz this ain't change a thing. :whistling:

Before we get too holier-than-thou about Thailand's addiction to fortune-tellers, let us not forget that , just over 30 years ago, Nancy Reagan was consulting a numerologist and providing husband Ronnie, the Keeper of the Nukes, advice on which way to go as a result of the numerologist's findings.

And also let us not forget that 400/500 years ago Europe was infested with priests and monks who used to sell fragments of Jesus's hair and bones (for a small sum) to ward off evil spirits or get one into heaven double quick at croak-time.   Something along the lines of today's amulets.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.....

Taksin cancelled a cabinet meeting or decisions to be made that day because the planets were misaligned or was it aligned some years ago.... either way therein lies a huge problem when the people in charge of running a country base their action or inaction on such matters. 

Give it another 200 or so years eh.

2 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Let always people choose their own leaders and destiny.....

I don't think Thailand will ever achieve true democracy. Prayuth's idea of democracy is just another extension of what we have now. China seems to be setting to tone for Asia "democracy" and the rest of the Asian leaders are taking to it like a duck to water. 

Looking at the picture it is easy to see the pecking order. The front row is heads up and he next row is heads down. The second row dearly hopes to make it to the front row some day. Better check your bank balance first. Money is the springboard you require. 

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305809
Two paragraph's stick out

ASSASSINATION threats against two of Thailand’s top leaders came from lese majeste suspects who are now living in Laos, National Security Council (NSC) secretary-general Thawip Netniyom said yesterday. 

Earlier, astrologer Sorajja Nualyoo, known as “Thailand’s Nostradamus”, predicted bad fortune for the country’s leader and violence in the country.

Very similar to another fortune teller story from November 2015.
3888.jpg?w=465&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=7a0b413e75f14a9e991037c930f03ac2

4 hours ago, JustNo said:

I sincerely think that this country has served a lot better under his leadership as apposed to the previous years and decades of recent history. Not sure Thailand is ready for actual democracy.  

That from someone who's probably had the privilege of spending most of his life in a democracy. Case of  "It's ok for me but not for you Thai peasants".

State one improvement that the junta has made to the lives of the Thais. Don't say reduction in violence because without the regular overthrow of legal govt there wouldn't be any provocation for violence.

1 hour ago, KhruGin said:

Taksin cancelled a cabinet meeting or decisions to be made that day because the planets were misaligned or was it aligned some years ago.... either way therein lies a huge problem when the people in charge of running a country base their action or inaction on such matters. 

Give it another 200 or so years eh.

But but Thaksin....

Remember him? He was PM about a zillion years ago.

Edited by jesimps

6 hours ago, JustNo said:

Agree and there never will be democracy while corruption is still rampant.Thats a long haul judging my ongoing events

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

There must be both 4-legged fortune tellers and 2-legged fortune tellers?

Stock up on amulets.

Who ya gonna call?

Somebody hasn't been doing their mandatory Wednesday exercise.

"Who ya gonna call?"  Ghost Busters  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Agree and there never will be democracy while corruption is still rampant.Thats a long haul judging my ongoing events

Corruption?  I seem to have heard the word....

Oh yes, good ol' Rolls Royce lately indulged in some hanky panky....