Two months late with 800G deposit, what to do?

Could someone please give me advice? I’ve been on a retirement visa for two years and my renewal is coming in March, however, I’m two months late with my 800,000 B deposit this time. Does anyone know what the fine will be or will I have to leave? Thank you.

I have never been asked to provide any proof of money or income. Only asked a question(is everything true) to a notary service and sign a piece of paper, then out the door till next year. I don't think for a minute you will have any problems whatsoever.

1 hour ago, ezrider62 said:

Could someone please give me advice? I’ve been on a retirement visa for two years and my renewal is coming in March, however, I’m two months late with my 800,000 B deposit this time. Does anyone know what the fine will be or will I have to leave? Thank you.

I have never been asked to provide any proof of money or income. Only asked a question(is everything true) to a notary service and sign a piece of paper, then out the door till next year. I don't think for a minute you will have any problems whatsoever.

I wonder how many US expats would have to leave or look for alternatives if they actually had to tell the truth and prove their income declaration with evidence lol

anyway up to them they can get away with it and I'm not complaining at all, as long you can then happy days

20 hours ago, Evilbaz said:

Another common nomenclature stuff up - asking for an OA Visa when an O Visa based on retirement will do as a requirement for a one year Extension based on retirement, from within Thailand.

You mean based on being over 50 years of age?

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I wonder how many US expats would have to leave or look for alternatives if they actually had to tell the truth and prove their income declaration with evidence lol

anyway up to them they can get away with it and I'm not complaining at all, as long you can then happy days

Most people have it(money requirements) or at least did have it or they would have never gotten the visa in the first place in their home country where you do have to have proof of everything, I meet both requirements income monthly and savings. My first trip to bangkok embassy I had paper everywhere proving this and that and found out I needed nothing except an appointment for nortary services and my current passport/visa. I think it's a nutty system and easy to fool, but I don't make the rules and it still does cost money, so maybe that's all they really want not the truth.   

:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by ezrider62
added text

On 07/02/2017 at 11:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

You extension of stay (not a visa) based upon retirement application will be denied for not having the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You will need to leave the country to get a new non-o visa and apply for a new extension.

Is krabi an ok io to apply for an extension of stay of my non O based on retirement? 

7 hours ago, jimlek said:

Is krabi an ok io to apply for an extension of stay of my non O based on retirement? 

You can apply for it in Krabi. You have to apply for the extension at the designated office for where you are living.

On 09/02/2017 at 7:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for it in Krabi. You have to apply for the extension at the designated office for where you are living.

Problem is,I'm not sure where I want to live at this stage. I just want to get the extension done.

7 minutes ago, jimlek said:

Problem is,I'm not sure where I want to live at this stage. I just want to get the extension done.

You would have to show some proof of where you are staying to get the extension. A short term rental agreement would be accepted.

After getting the extension you would have to do your 90 day reports to the office where you got the extension unless your formally changed your address at a different office. You can do your reports by mail or online.

On 2/8/2017 at 0:06 PM, muzmurray said:

You mean based on being over 50 years of age?

No!

I mean a Retirement Visa as described in the nomenclature of The Royal Thai Embassy Canberra.

1 hour ago, Evilbaz said:

No!

I mean a Retirement Visa as described in the nomenclature of The Royal Thai Embassy Canberra.

Australia is the only Thai Embassy website to my knowledge that refers to an O-A Visa as a Retirement Visa.

All other Embassy websites refer to the O-A Visa as a 'Long Stay Visa'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Australia is the only Thai Embassy website to my knowledge that refers to an O-A Visa as a Retirement Visa.

All other Embassy websites refer to the O-A Visa as a 'Long Stay Visa'

Well that's where I got several OA Retirement Visas.

Thai Visas issued by Thais.

You as a Farang can call it what you like - won't impress the Thais.

Retirement Extensions is even painted on the window of the Phuket Immi office.

Being "over 50" is only one of many requirements.

11 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Well that's where I got several OA Retirement Visas.

Thai Visas issued by Thais.

You as a Farang can call it what you like - won't impress the Thais.

Retirement Extensions is even painted on the window of the Phuket Immi office.

Being "over 50" is only one of many requirements.

An extension isn't a Visa, and you can't extend a Visa.

No!

It may well be the wording they use, but it is incorrect as I am sure you will realise, there is no requirement to be retired, over 50 years old however.......................

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

It may well be the wording they use, but it is incorrect as I am sure you will realise, there is no requirement to be retired, over 50 years old however.......................

If you're living here year after year without working you reckon you're not "retired" ?

On 2/7/2017 at 4:05 PM, PixelPac said:

Go and tell them about your predicament at the immigration office you attend. And they may give you a two month visa extension to cover the two months needed to meet the 3 month requirement for the 800K to be in the bank. I was in a similar predicament with a 12 month marriage visa which is only 400K in the bank but they gave me the aforementioned two month extension and told me to come back and apply just before the visa ran out. I did and everything was fine and I was granted the 12mth visa.

You can get a 60 days extension for being married to a Thai lady. That is why they did it in your case.

41 minutes ago, dentonian said:

An extension isn't a Visa, and you can't extend a Visa.

Doh!

That's what the Thais call an Extension you get after 2 years on a Retirement OA Visa.

They didn't paint "Extension for over 50" or "Extension for Long stay Aliens" on the Immi Office window.

But of course "they're wrong" - get over your Falang view on this.

9 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

That's what the Thais call an Extension you get after 2 years on a Retirement OA Visa.

No on mine.

It clearly state 'extension', Nowhere does the word 'Visa' appear.

Not to worry, we make exceptions for those from a non -English speaking Country.

3 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Retired year after year yes, but not on a Retirement Visa.

Yes but that's what I entered on and was stamped in (annotated OA) for two years.

And please stop confabulating Mr NES - I never called an Extension a Visa.

When in Thailand ...

Yes but that's what I entered on and was stamped in (annotated OA) for two years.

And please stop confabulating Mr NES - I never called an Extension a Visa.

When in Thailand ...

You quite clearly entered on a Non Imm O-A Visa.

That is clearly stated as the type of Visa.

Have you ever bothered to actually read it.

Nowhere does it state Retirement............that is a figment of your imagination.

I cannot understand those who continually criticise others who choose to use the correct terminology.

10 minutes ago, dentonian said:

You quite clearly entered on a Non Imm O-A Visa.

That is clearly stated as the type of Visa.

Have you ever bothered to actually read it.

Nowhere does it state Retirement............that is a figment of your imagination.

I cannot understand those who continually criticise others who choose to use the correct terminology.

So please list all the reasons (other than Retirement) which satisfy the Reasons for the Thais to issue an OA Visa.

11 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

Surly calling it "OA" is the right terminology.

You have to be over 50 years og age, but you do not have to be retirerede.

It is possible to have your income from your home country, without retirement.

But you are "Retired in Thailand"  in the eyes of the Thais.

I.E. not working here, not earning income here, lounging on the beach here, year after year.

50 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

So please list all the reasons (other than Retirement) which satisfy the Reasons for the Thais to issue an OA Visa.

Category
"O-A"

To applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working. 

Edited by dentonian

On 11/02/2017 at 1:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

You would have to show some proof of where you are staying to get the extension. A short term rental agreement would be accepted.

After getting the extension you would have to do your 90 day reports to the office where you got the extension unless your formally changed your address at a different office. You can do your reports by mail or online.

Thanks again UbonJoe,you're a gold watch. They were going to do it when I was on a tourist visa,but in two parts,and that was with me staying at a hotel. Good, as I intended traveling around Thailand, not always staying in one place forever,so doing the 90day reports by mail will allow this then? Pity the reports cannot be done online. Thanks again.