Photos of Isuzu in bad accident... time to slow down

davidst01

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Not because your right because it can be done if you want. :thumbsup:

Anything is possible, not sure I'd like to drive all the way to Bangkok in reverse.

Nah disagree. :biggrin:  

Hope you keep to below 60kph

Novelty really never had a truck before or 4WD.

Didn't realize till l got it,  it weren't a proper one. :whistling:

Why, what have you got?

Not really it's the rubbish line up trucks sold here. :biggrin:

Not that l need another truck again but if l did a FWD truck would suit me better.

Like this? 

:sorry:

1484803052632.jpg

Edited by grollies

2 hours ago, grollies said:

Anything is possible, not sure I'd like to drive all the way to Bangkok in reverse.

Why, what have you got?

Like this? 

:sorry:

1484803052632.jpg

If that's front wheel drive yeah rock on. :laugh:

Why, what have you got?

A Versys motorbike. :laugh:

Use to do 160 kph + in 4 wheel when l had the Vigo.

Edited by Kwasaki

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If that's front wheel drive yeah rock on. :laugh:

It's front wheel drive, at least it is when it's in reverse :smile:

A Versys motorbike. :laugh:

What's that, don't do bikes

Use to do 160 kph + in 4 wheel when l had the Vigo.

Glad I didn't buy it off you :biggrin:

Spent 20 years driving Lannys and Hilux up and down pipeline spreads. Nowt wrong with the Vigo/Revo IMHO

Check out the rear passenger cabin on that Isuzu, anyone in there wouldn't have stood a chance.

On the other hand a Mercedes rollover and much higher speed (the idiot rear ended someone at ~200km/h).

800x527.jpg

Passenger cabin completely intact.

On 2/8/2017 at 5:19 PM, grollies said:

Whoa there guys. You can only use AWD on the road.

Part-time 2WD/4WD you should only use 2WD on a tarmac road, even in the wet.

Using part-time 4WD other than off-road/snow/ice will lead to sever mechanical damage due to the props delivering the same RPM to the front and rear wheels whilst the front and rear wheels actually turn at different speeds. Say goodbye to your transfer box eventually.

Also your ABS, stability and traction control won't work properly.

Thanks for constructive comment. 

Subaru, in my opinion one of the best AWD's, explains this in more detail (see below) but further to your valid observations, they add rainy or slippery surfaces for use of 4WD mode.
Now I finally understand why, at low speed the 4WD mode causes problems. Even at ISUZU they could not explain that the car has, when in 4WD mode, a full time differential lock on. 
Reminds me when, long time ago, starting to drive an agricultural tractor and trying make a corner with two loads behind, I almost ended up in a ditch because I put a jerry-can on the diff lock lever.:clap2:The farmer was laughing his head off about those working students.

A locked 4WD driveline means that there is direct mechanical link between front and rear axles with no mechanism to allow any difference in the number rotations of the front and rear axles. This means that when the 4x4 vehicle turns a corner because the radius of turn is different for front and rear axles, the tyres on the axle with the smaller radius of turn must be able to slip on a loose slippery ground surface. If the ground surface is not slippery and the tyres do not slip, then the driveline (axles and propeller shaft etc) will twist and stress will be induced. This is known as ‘wind up’ and ultimately if the twist cannot dissipate the vehicle will no longer be able to move as it becomes ‘locked up’. This will generally only happen at lower speeds on ground surfaces with no slip. At higher speeds or on slippery road surfaces, the tyre is able to slip and the ‘wind up’ is released. This means that when 4WD vehicles are driven on normal road surfaces, 4x4 must be deselected and the vehicle driven in two wheel drive.