Immigration Korat dress code

90 day report done today, and a lucky choice of clothes and footwear for me; as it happened. Displayed on the entry doors were a group of pictures indicating a required dress code for visitors. Not seen that before. No mention of colour of clothing was made, but I saw nobody in Orange.

Photo0193 a.jpg

Photo0194 a.jpg

Photo0195 a.jpg

• Like 1

They have something similar at Bangkok immigration but looking at some people there 2 weeks ago it doesn't seem to be enforced. Saw two young foreign women dressed like they were on their way to a nude beach and tons of backpackers with their huge backpacks and obligatory flip flops, shorts and sleeveless shirts. 

Edited by Jackie66
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jackie66 said:

They have something similar at Bangkok immigration but looking at some people there 2 weeks ago it doesn't seem to be enforced. Saw two young foreign women dressed like they were on their way to a nude beach and tons of backpackers with their huge backpacks and obligatory flip flops, shorts and sleeveless shirts. 

Sometime they might let it slide but I have seen an attractive blond Russian girl try to get a visa extension in Pattaya wearing a bikini with a wrap around skirt who was told "Go home and put some clothes on "  People should remember even though Thailand is tropical and you may be down on a beach  you are going into a Government building asking for service .If you want to be given quick courteus service dress  appropriately or be asked for extra paperwork or be told get out. Have seen farang with bagy shorts and tank top looking like a beach bum told go back and dress . Even in USA I have been sent to court (jury duty) and have seen a judge send a guy home for  being a little too casually dressed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAFO said:

So true, Common sense seems to escape many folks here. Its a government office not a poolside party. I was in Hua Hin some years back and the way people were dressed was in poor taste hence why many got sent away. Some were not allowed to enter. No kidding some old guy tried to enter with his shirt completely unbuttoned and no undershirt on and big gut hanging out. Security guy waved him off and he actually looked angry about it. Retards.....

Yes, a real retard appearently. It´s amazing how many people exists that just don´t get it. Another fine example is when you go in to an air-conditioned and closed restaurant or pub. Here you can see all the maniacs in their pride with sleeveless tanktops, unbottoned shirt together with beach-shorts and high fashion neon coloured flip-flops. I should be a hefty fine on such behaviour.

• Like 2

Behaving in a gentlemanly way, dressing neatly, being clean shaven (or trimmed if applicable) and freshly showered shows respect for the government office and the officers there providing a service to you.

If you don't feel the need to show these vital cogs in the government the proper respect, you deserve to receive the same in return.

Jesus Marimba! It's just common sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Those people who go to government offices improperly dressed.

IE flip flops, shorts, vest tops, should think would i do that in a government office back home.

Sure, why not? I am from Florida; shorts, sandals, even flip flops are common attire for the public in government offices. No one gets upset, taking care of your business with the government does not require a dress code; mostly only requires cash and paperwork.

I have been going to the immigration office in Hatyai for ten years now. I get along well with the immigration officers, we even acknowledge each other by name and have a friendly chat. I don't think I have ever worn long pants there.  However, the immigration office has no signs depicting proper attire either.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thai006 said:

normal immigration office is not a disco 

Nothing wrong with girls wearing shorts in Immigration offices, if any man complains about a pretty young lady wearing shorts, then he is not normal.

I would draw the line at guys wearing shorts or wifebeaters in an IO, or any other Thai government office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fobuff said:

hmmmmm  Civil Servants are there to serve the public (the customer) no matter what they look like, how they dress...

Except of course in Thailand it is the other way around.. you have to fear the civil servant as he (she) has a good job and in authority to screw you as they wish....  and you have to obey all there stupid rules....

and if not bye bye attitude readjustment for you

"and you have to obey all there stupid rules....",  "what????? Don't they make up their own rules, or is it just the bosses who do that?