My first M/E Non-O (marriage) from Savannakhet

I did the same 2 month ago. Have now got my 90 days stay extended by 12 month at the emigration in Mukdahan.

Lot of paperwork, but no problems, and all the help you wanted.

Emigration told me that they where sorry so much paperwork was needed, but next year it will be simpel to get the 12 month renewed.

Many thanks for this, useful indeed. We got married on Dec 18 and I'd have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

-Wife didn't change her name as we were supposed to relocate to US as my ex firm re-hired me - she didn't want to go through the hassle with new docs. Unfortunately due to HR f..kup I could not start and now they are trying to help find something here in the region. Hopefully her name left as is won't be a problem. Also - she's got two blue books, but I think her name is only in one as she can be registered to one address only.

-Just deposited money in the bank and was going to do marriage visa in 3 months, but if they are ok to do it in Savannakhet without financial info we may just drive up north from Phuket (nice road trip) and get it done after the holidays next week.

-Is it ok to drive to Lao as opposed to parking the car in Mukdahan and taking a bus?

Thanks!

Great info thanks, i also have a query if I may ask.

My wife and I live in a rented condo so no yellow house book,also her blue book tibian baan is with family. When I apply for Non O based on marriage at Savannakhet will I need to show the Condo rental agreement and a copy of wifes blue book, and will they need to see original blue book?

Thanks in advance

Daz

2 minutes ago, Daz69 said:

Great info thanks, i also have a query if I may ask.

My wife and I live in a rented condo so no yellow house book,also her blue book tibian baan is with family. When I apply for Non O based on marriage at Savannakhet will I need to show the Condo rental agreement and a copy of wifes blue book, and will they need to see original blue book?

Thanks in advance

Daz

You need nothing more than copies of page 1 and the page she is registered on in her house book.

No need for proof of residence to apply for the visa.

• Like 2

You need nothing more than copies of page 1 and the page she is registered on in her house book.
No need for proof of residence to apply for the visa.

I had copies as Joe said but they also asked to see the original blue house book. Said same thing to the guy in front of me in the queue. He had to fish about in his bag for a while to find it. Don't know how much of a problem it would be if you did not have it.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Poppadom said:

-Is it ok to drive to Lao as opposed to parking the car in Mukdahan and taking a bus?

Thanks!

you'll find it far far easier park in mukdahan and take bus over, massive amount of paperwork and cost to get car over I believe .

Simply better focussing efforts on visa and just use tuk-tuk sensibly as will be cheaper and no hassle .

2 hours ago, Poppadom said:

Many thanks for this, useful indeed. We got married on Dec 18 and I'd have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

-Wife didn't change her name as we were supposed to relocate to US as my ex firm re-hired me - she didn't want to go through the hassle with new docs. Unfortunately due to HR f..kup I could not start and now they are trying to help find something here in the region. Hopefully her name left as is won't be a problem. Also - she's got two blue books, but I think her name is only in one as she can be registered to one address only.

-Just deposited money in the bank and was going to do marriage visa in 3 months, but if they are ok to do it in Savannakhet without financial info we may just drive up north from Phuket (nice road trip) and get it done after the holidays next week.

Thanks!

I would imagine that as long as your wife's name is a match on marriage certificate, ID card and house book then it would not matter if she changed her name or not.

As for driving to Laos then you are required to have a passport for your car.

There is a secure covered car park about 100 yards from the  Thai immigration that only costs 250 baht, I found it a lot easier to use this car park and just use tuk tuks when I was in savannakhet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

Stamped in for 3 months? So you still need to leave every 3 months with the Non O ME? 

Also did they take the original marriage cert?

Nice post..

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You have to leave every 90 days unless you get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. You can get almost 17 months of total stay of it by getting a new 90 day entry on or before the enter before date on the visa and then getting a 60 day  extension of it.

They normally only ask to see the original marriage certificate when you apply. 

On 11/02/2017 at 1:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You have to leave every 90 days unless you get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. You can get almost 17 months of total stay of it by getting a new 90 day entry on or before the enter before date on the visa and then getting a 60 day  extension of it.

Thanks. So you can go to immigration and get a 60 day day extension on any of the 90 day entries. Do you need to buy a re-entry permit every time you exit thailand to keep the visa going?

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

Do you need to buy a re-entry permit every time you exit thailand to keep the visa going?

The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year so there certainly is no need for a re-entry permit.

• Like 1

I got a 12 md. Non Imp O  ME, on grounds of married to Thai, in Savannakhet 3 month ago. No problem, and without any financial info asked for.

Got 90 days stay stamped when returned to Mukdahan.

Asked later at the emigration in Mukdahan, whether I could get an extension on the 90 days.

Was told that I can NOT get any extension on the 90 days on that Visa. I would have to go out from Thailand, and come back in. ( To get another new 90 days)

Before the 90 days, I did however get a letter from the Danish embassy that I have a yearly income of more than 400.000 Bhat , and therefor I have now got my 90 days stay extended by 12 month at the emigration in Mukdahan.

One thing to note, is that if I want to go out of Thailand and in again for some reason, I will need  a re-entry permit.

My Visa will get me back into Thailand, as it is a ME Visa, But without a re-entry permit, I would only get a new 90 days stay at return, instead of the 12 month I have now.

It clearly states on the extension, that I need a re-entry permit, but I think that can be overlooked when one have e ME Visa.

• 7 months later...
On 2/11/2017 at 1:08 PM, ubonjoe said:

Excuse my ignorance Joe but I thought the total one could get from such a visa was 15 months. can you explain the 17 month possibility please? When and how does one apply for a 60 day extension?

9 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Excuse my ignorance Joe but I thought the total one could get from such a visa was 15 months. can you explain the 17 month possibility please? When and how does one apply for a 60 day extension?

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at an immigration office of any of the 90 day entries from your visa. You can get the 17 months be extending the last entry.

Your wife would need to be with you when you apply for the extension. Your marriage certificate plus a copy. copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

• 1 month later...