Trump adviser Conway draws ethics complaints for touting Ivanka Trump products

webfact

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

In the image conscious world of politics it might be a good idea for the advisor to take some advice.

First off, try not looking like you've just finished shooting an "Old 'n Young" video.

Or maybe that works for the Trump demographic?

If she was smart, that would rule out your demographic.

18 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

He's draining it of Clinton lackeys, establishment lackeys, and politically correct liberal lackeys.

Just that he's replacing them with his own lackeys! He never said he wouldn't !!

Actually, he did say he wouldn't hire the same type he was "draining".  Another lie by the POTUS and a campaign pledge broken.

http://time.com/donald-trump-drain-swamp/

“If we win on November 8th, we are going to Washington, D.C.—when we win, OK—and we are going to drain the swamp.”

Trump used the term broadly to refer to what he called the “entire corrupt Washington Establishment,” including the outsized influence of lobbyists, political rewards for campaign donors and outright corruption.

While his Cabinet-level picks have been less traditional—a lot more billionaires and retired military officers than usual, for one thing—it’s clear that they are much more swampy as a whole than Trump pledged.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-drain-swamp-promise-232938

The president-elect and his transition have already departed from the candidate’s own words on how he would change Washington.

But in the weeks since Election Day, Trump and his allies have engaged in some of the same practices they accused Hillary Clinton of exploiting and vowed to change: cashing in on government connections by opening lobbying firms; enabling people to enrich themselves from government service; and selling access to the president-elect and his family.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Actually, he did say he wouldn't hire the same type he was "draining".  Another lie by the POTUS and a campaign pledge broken.

http://time.com/donald-trump-drain-swamp/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-drain-swamp-promise-232938

A politician who goes back on his campaign promises.  Who could of thought of such a thing.  :tongue:

3 minutes ago, rijb said:

A politician who goes back on his campaign promises.  Who could of thought of such a thing.  :tongue:

It's one thing to not fulfill a campaign promise due to partisan issues in congress.  It's another to outright lie with the intent to never fulfill the promise.  If you research Obama's campaign promises, he did pretty good until he lose control of congress in his second term.  Trump has control of congress, but is just refusing to fulfill this promise.  This one, along with putting "Crooked Hillary" in jail were two statements used at every rally to get the crowd going.  But, were lies.

Value retailers like TJ MAXX and Marshalls have also stopped promoting Ivanka's fashion items, but still may have her stuff in the bulk underwear bin?

People may be put off by the fact that her products are manufactured in foreign countries (which is fine BTW), but I'm sure all those red-state types will continue to buy her merchandise.

16 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

It's one thing to not fulfill a campaign promise due to partisan issues in congress.  It's another to outright lie with the intent to never fulfill the promise.  If you research Obama's campaign promises, he did pretty good until he lose control of congress in his second term.  Trump has control of congress, but is just refusing to fulfill this promise.  This one, along with putting "Crooked Hillary" in jail were two statements used at every rally to get the crowd going.  But, were lies.

He seems to be totally ignoring Congress. And I really don't get that.

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't think he knows how to work with people. His whole approach as a businessmen and now as pres. seems to be 'gimme what i want or i'l sue you'. 

I keep hoping Paul Ryan will step up as the voice of reason, doesn't seem to be happening though.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The resistance is building.  Republicans better be careful in the upcoming elections.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/10/politics/republican-town-halls-obamacare/index.html

Anger erupts at Republican town halls

6 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

I don't think he knows how to work with people. His whole approach as a businessmen and now as pres. seems to be 'gimme what i want or i'l sue you'. 

I keep hoping Paul Ryan will step up as the voice of reason, doesn't seem to be happening though.

Ryan?  You mean the hypocrite that used to stump for open borders?

I think Sears (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) and K-Mart have dropped Ivanka's Home Furnishings line.

That sound you hear are double-wide tears.

Ivanka's Home Furnishings? You can have anything in any color, as long as it's gold.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I think Sears (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) and K-Mart have dropped Ivanka's Home Furnishings line.

That sound you hear are double-wide tears.

Ivanka's Home Furnishings? You can have anything in any color, as long as it's gold.

Close but no cigar, Ivanka does not have a Home Furnishings line but Trump does 

Trump's line of home furnishings has disappeared from Sears' and Kmart's websites

source: http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-and-kmart-drop-trump-2017-2

Unbelievable.  Is it right that a person's products are discriminated against for political reasons?  

Conway was out of order - undoubtedly frustrated by the Liberal bias coming out now Trump won, 

But the question remains - and it is legal to discriminate because of one's political views?

3 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Unbelievable.  Is it right that a person's products are discriminated against for political reasons?  

Conway was out of order - undoubtedly frustrated by the Liberal bias coming out now Trump won, 

But the question remains - and it is legal to discriminate because of one's political views?

There is not one post that I recall of yours that is not written through the lens of a liberal/anti-liberal perspective. In most cases, this makes your words predictable, boring and uninformative. However, here it makes your words just plain ridiculous.

There is something in the US called the law. I know they have it where you come from, presumably Australia and here it is:

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

The thing about law and the foundation document of the US, which is the Constitution, is that it applies to all equally. The Constitution was written before the Democratic or Republican parties even existed.

I would also suggest you go and have a discussion with a minority person who has faced discrimination. Your extreme over-reach by referring the very real concerns over conflicts of interest as discrimination is frankly an insult to people who actually face discrimination. Your child-like fanaticism is slightly amusing and easily dismissed, except in this case where you move into clearly offensive speech as a result to your inability to think outside the lines that you have drawn for yourself.

The question remains - is there no infraction to great or obscene that does not bring out apologists like you?

5 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Is it right that a person's products are discriminated against for political reasons?

In the space of two sentences you went from "is it right?" to "is it legal?"  Let's answer both. 

First question: Is it right?  That's an ethical question.  You'll need to debate that in your own private echo chamber, I'm afraid.  But if you come to conclusion that it's not right to discriminate against a product or company for political reasons, then how do you feel about Trump tweet-bombing businesses with his invective, causing their stock to lose millions? 

Second question: Is it legal?  In a free society, everything is legal that has not been ruled illegal.  So unless you can show me a law against boycotting, I'm going to continue staying out of Trump hotels - yes for political reasons.

5 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

And how do you know that her products were discriminated against for political reasons? And Conway was out of order? What about the President of the United States making hostile comments against a private business on behalf of his daughter?  What she did may be illegal. What he did was despicable.

On 2/9/2017 at 9:04 PM, hdkane said:

I recall when clinton sold access to the lincoln bedroom, basically using the white house as a bed and breakfast for the powerful...for some people there is never enough money or power...

Yes I remember their commercials  on TV:whistling: 

6 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Yes and It's called a boycott.  Pretty regular occurrence in the free world.