Visa information needed or help

Hello,

I have a question; currently I have a marriage visa with multiple entry valid until Sep 02 2017. I am planning on going back home to the USA for possibly eight months.

First question if I come back just before the visa runs out and want to renew it, there is a chance I might not have the funds required for three months, but I will have the money once I come back to Thailand. Will I be able to renew for another year at that time or will I have to drag out three months of waiting again before I can renew for another year?

Second question, if I come back after the visa expires are there any penalties or would I just request another one-year visa?

In addition, I am sure once I am out of Thailand I do not need to worry about the 90 day reporting any longer and this would start new once I am back.

The reason for me leaving is I need to do some work and build some funds before I come back, I currently have been leaving in Thailand for two years and have not gone back home since I first arrived.

Thanks for any information to help clarify.

Moved to here.

Since you mention doing 90 day reports you apparently have an extension of stay not a visa and multiple re-entry permit you obtained at immigration.

For an extension based upon marriage the 400k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months. If you needed more time to apply for the extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

If you cannot apply for the extension you would need to leave the country to get a new non-o visa and then apply for a new extension.

Your 90 day report will be due 90 days form the date your enter the country including that date in the count.

4 minutes ago, mhill93794 said:

I have a marriage Visa for one year with a multipe entry stamp also not sure why your saying I have an extension of stay or was it not clear what I was asking?

There is no marriage visa.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage issued by an embassy or consulate you would get a new 90 day entry as long as you get do it prior the enter before date on your visa. With a visa there is no need to do 90 day reports since you it only allows a 90 day entry.

If you have a one year extension of stay you applied for at an immigration office you would do 90 day reports if you stay in the country that long.

You would have a stamp your passport similar to this one.

extension stamp.jpg

I have a marriage Visa for one year with a multipe entry stamp also not sure why your saying I have an extension of stay or was it not clear what I was asking?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

If you got a visa abroad you must leave every 90 days.
If got an extension at immigrations in Thailand you need only to do 90 day report, it's not a visa.
Not clear what you have.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

17 minutes ago, mhill93794 said:

From what I am reading it does not matter if I am in country or not when the extension runs out, I would just need to resubmit for another extension once I arrive back in Thailand.

If you arrive after your extension ends you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry. A non-o visa entry is required to apply for the new extension.

If you expect to return after your extension ends it would best to apply for a single entry non-o visa at a embassy or consulate before returning. Then you could apply for the extension during the last 30 day of the 90 day entry from the visa.

48 minutes ago, mhill93794 said:

sorry I was referring to it as a visa, but it is an extension of stay for 1 year with a multiple entry stamp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

This is exactly why I bang on about correct terminology, just look at the confusion it has caused

on this small thread.

Please please make an effort to understand what you are talking about and to get it right, please.