Tennis: Germans outraged as U.S. plays Nazi version of anthem

webfact

naam

No, of course they didn't, but then again they didn't carry out Ethnic cleansing, or build concentration camps, and gas chambers,  or rob country's of their art or jewellery or homes.Neither did they let people like Josef Mengler(my spelling)run riot and transfusing petrol into adults and kids,in place of their blood, or cutting open twins just to see what made them look alike.

You disappoint me by using a rationale, which is totally inappropriate. And you use dogs as a comparison?

What sort of human being are you.He wasn't a good guy. Unless you can come up with something more sensible,i suggest that this topic is closed between me and you.

You've hit a sore point,my mother was jewish

58 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

What sort of human being are you.He wasn't a good guy. Unless you can come up with something more sensible,i suggest that this topic is closed between me and you.

You've hit a sore point,my mother was jewish

where/when did i say the mad criminal Hitler was a good guy?

Eh, wonder if the Germans will be outraged when they change the language to Arabic?

Germany has actually a population of some 80 million German nationals.

Only 2,1 to 4,7 million of them are actually Muslims.

Your findings vs proven statistics of a lower than 5% minority is rather not serious...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Your findings vs proven statistics of a lower than 3% minority is rather not serious...

And growing every day. Have you compared birth rates of Germans to Muslim families? Won't be long now.

3 hours ago, Prbkk said:

As a piece of music, it's one of the more lovely anthems, Haydn. The NAZIs kicked up the beat and used it as a marching song; certainly that version is banned.

your phantasies are a wee bit off reality.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I have heard this version sung by the public at a beer festival (Fruhlingsfest) in a beer tent of about 2,000 people, everyone joined in (even me) happy days

it is not a "version". it's the first two out of three verses of our national anthem that have been "dropped". the first verse makes a geographical reference naming some rivers as German borders. one of the rivers (Memel) happens to be since 1945 in Poland, the other one (Etsch) in a German speaking area of northern Italy.

4 hours ago, Naam said:

it's not "the Germans" who get all hot over a non-event. it's just a few stupid politicians who behave in a ridiculous way. every true German resents that our national anthem was "circumcised" by the order of the allied victorious nations.

The article alludes to normal Germans so I assume most get bent out of shape because of trivial stuff like this. I don't think much of the rest of the world gives a flying one today so little need in having to be so uptight about it anymore.

I wonder is Trump had a hand in it, though. :whistling:

And growing every day. Have you compared birth rates of Germans to Muslim families? Won't be long now.

Depends what German women decide to do for the next decades to come with their fertility rates.

Playing tennis for women should be promoted firmly and promptly in all Muslim countries...

20ecc31ac08767750440bb5709abc9e0.jpg

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

Your findings vs proven statistics of a lower than 5% minority is rather not serious...

And I suspect that a majority of those don't speak Arabic at all being Turkish.

9 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

What do you expect from the world's most self-absorbed nation? Half of all Americans have never ventured outside their country and probably couldn't pick out Germany on a map.

135, 576 of them lie buried in Europe. They ventured outside of their country, and died liberating Europe. Very self absorbed.

As another commenter said, this song was written in the 1800s, so if Germans are

only singing the last verse, too bad for them. They could learn that the anthem

is good all, the way through, just do not forget their past with the Nazis within.

Geezer

14 hours ago, jobsworth said:

the banned first verse refers to the unification of the 35 separate states of germany not to hitlers plans for world domination.

the second verse, also banned, refers to wine women and song.

only the third verse can be sung today without causing offense.

the swastica is a good luck symbol adopted by the nazi party.

hitler liked to eat mashed potatoes and carrots.

what a pity the nazi party did not adopt the christian crucifix

so that then we might then ban it.

after all they were all catholics were they not? 

All Catholics?? Have you never read about Martin Luther? Evidently not.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:20 AM, Ace of Pop said:

That's nice Thousands Of Americans died there freeing Europe ,not knowing all they did was remove one bad lot So Arabs can walk in.Sorry if the truth offends the PC Fanboys

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's right. America interfering in other peoples wars again. They are still doing it today. Seem to think they are some sort of global police.

On 2/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, daveAustin said:

Talk about a non-news event. The Germans getting all hot under the collar about trivial stuff like this is a classic indicator of why their country is going the way it is. They should be proud and not let themselves feel guilty and be brainwashed.

What? If Germany has erred it has been on the side of compassion and caring. Critics of the German response to the influx of migrants do not understand that it was impossible to secure the German borders. The migrants were being  pushed,  encouraged to  move towards Germany by its neighbours. Germany is not surrounded by barbed wire. Short of machine gunning people, there was nothing Germany could do.

The failure to recognize  the current  national anthem is not trivial. It is like playing the Confederate National Anthem at a sporting event in the USA. It might make some northern bigots happy because of the pain it caused others, but Americans who knew their history would be dismayed. Would you encourage the playing of an Orange Lodge marching song at an event to honour a delegation of MPs from Ireland? It's basic courtesy to have the right anthem played. 

Reminds me of a Robbie Williams anecdote that he started singing Deutschland, Deutschland etc. because he wanted to show appreciation to the German audience - only to be booed as he didn't realise it was the Nazi song :lol:.

Obviously I've no idea whether his anecdote is true or not, but as the comedian on the same programme pointed out - it would have been far worse if the reaction had been 'Finally, a leader!'. :lol:

I feel sorry for Germans that after all these decades they still take their forebears sins as their own.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:59 AM, jobsworth said:

the banned first verse refers to the unification of the 35 separate states of germany not to hitlers plans for world domination.

the second verse, also banned, refers to wine women and song.

only the third verse can be sung today without causing offense.

the swastica is a good luck symbol adopted by the nazi party.

hitler liked to eat mashed potatoes and carrots.

what a pity the nazi party did not adopt the christian crucifix

so that then we might then ban it.

after all they were all catholics were they not.

or was it orthodox??? What the hell.... they all still come under the christian umbrella....ban their symbols. Pity they didnt play the atheist or Jewish, Muslim and any other religions version. It could have been a ban on all symbols of faith and non faith.... damn doesn't that annoy you!!!

On 2/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, Ralf61 said:

Nice to hear the Krauts got no other problems to solve...

BTW: Adolfo used to dine using cutlery. Is this banned in Kraut-land either?

Comments like these referring to Germans as Krauts only justify why a foreigners with little to nothing to say give other visitors to foreign countries a bad name.. I suppose with the "little dick syndrome" you vision somehow, your inadequacy and worthiness will balance everything out behind a key board in cyber space.