Suan Dusit Poll: 85% of Thai public think today's youth are out of control!

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49% said "education reform".

notice that change to the Thai school system is almost always couched as "education reform"...  

perhaps because "education reform" can be accommodated.... without having to actually change anything? or making changes that are not really changes at all?

and here it is again. 

Edited by maewang99

So 85% of the public think that Thai Youths are out of control !

Of that 85% a high proportion would be the parents of these morons that we see every day racing motor cycles, bunking school, and spending every waking hour they have at the local Internet shop playing games of violence.

If these kids were not treated like the " Little Emperor ' all the time, and were suitably chastised when they are out of order, there would be very little to bitch about.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

69% pointed the finger at social media influence

Yes there is good and bad in social media. Its hard to say which outweighs the other but this statement will be used no doubt by the junta in pushing through the media suppression bill. 

6 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Police violence as exampled with the coffee lady and widely seen the on the internet hardly set's and example. If they conducted the same pole on the police the public might say likewise that 85% of them are out of control in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons.

Or they might say they are under the control of who ever is paying :whistling: 

7 hours ago, damo said:

I am starting to think more about my family's safety every time we plan to visit LOS, with every time I get closer to saying this is the last time. I have two girls who I cherish more than a cheap holiday.

I see things in black and white and feel the level of risk for my children to become victims of sexual assault is too high. The corruption and greed that see's innocent people have their lies destroyed for someones personal gain represents an almost unacceptable level of risk. Israel, Lebanon and Turkey is looking good for future holiday's and my lovely Thai wife agrees. Once her parents have passed then that will be Thailand done for us.

I squarely blame drugs.

Good post but watch that airport in Turkey it can become a shooting gallery. Lebanon sometimes seems like a sleeping volcano. Actually no place in the world is safe today. I hear you on worrying about your girls. A good self defense class would be a must in my eyes don't be caught playing the victim. This will stand them in good stead the rest of their lives its a form of life insurance. 

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

4th or 5th Century BC, often attributed to Socrates

5 hours ago, debate101 said:

Shouldn't we at least ask what future they've been provided with if they stay on the straight and narrow?

They can only be provided with opportunities. They choose and build their own futures, not silver and golden spoons...

The best place to start, would be for the parents to stop lying to their sons, about how special they are. Start telling them you are nobody special, at all. Your sisters are far smarter, more ambitious, willing to work harder, more creative, and just more accomplished. Until you start proving yourself to the world, you amount to a hill of beans. 

The next thing they could do would be to learn parenting skills. I see kids running around these days like little monkeys. No supervision whatsoever. I think most parents are so afraid that they will offend their little ones, with discipline, that they just let them run the show. Most parents behave like kids, around their kids. Who is the boss anyway? 

11 minutes ago, citzofwrld said:

I'm use to that in the U.S. for all the reasons mentioned. So, not a big deal to me. My breaking point, when Thailand turns into a police state like the U.S. Then, I'm out'a here.

Is that why you are out of the US? Bulletproof rooms in schools?

30 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Good post but watch that airport in Turkey it can become a shooting gallery. Lebanon sometimes seems like a sleeping volcano. Actually no place in the world is safe today. I hear you on worrying about your girls. A good self defense class would be a must in my eyes don't be caught playing the victim. This will stand them in good stead the rest of their lives its a form of life insurance. 

Chastity belts would help too...

15 minutes ago, trogers said:

Chastity belts would help too...

7 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Play nice the guy is serious. 

I am also serious. Did you not read about their use to protect Chinese girls in Indonesia against racial gangs a few years back?

3 minutes ago, trogers said:

I am also serious. Did you not read about their use to protect Chinese girls in Indonesia against racial gangs a few years back?

This is not China and the father could take that the wrong way. Besides the girls claim these things are really uncomfortable.  I must consult with Omar the Tentmaker to see if he can come up with a better design. Humor uber alles

Edited by elgordo38

44 minutes ago, trogers said:

They can only be provided with opportunities. They choose and build their own futures, not silver and golden spoons...

And how is the social mobility in Thailand? Do most have access to an acceptable standard of education and infrastructure they can use to better their lives, or are they made to ride on the roofs of overcrowded pickup vehicles to schools where teachers who cannot pass remedial exams in their own subjects spend their time chastising students and preaching state propaganda instead of providing them with necessary 21st century skills? I'm just getting warmed up here...

The best place to start, would be for the parents to stop lying to their sons, about how special they are. Start telling them you are nobody special, at all. Your sisters are far smarter, more ambitious, willing to work harder, more creative, and just more accomplished. Until you start proving yourself to the world, you amount to a hill of beans. 

The next thing they could do would be to learn parenting skills. I see kids running around these days like little monkeys. No supervision whatsoever. I think most parents are so afraid that they will offend their little ones, with discipline, that they just let them run the show. Most parents behave like kids, around their kids. Who is the boss anyway? 

Thai friends of ours, their son is 15, he's not going to school. Told them I'd drag him by the scruff of his neck there, answer from them, "oh you can't do that".

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

19 minutes ago, debate101 said:

And how is the social mobility in Thailand? Do most have access to an acceptable standard of education and infrastructure they can use to better their lives, or are they made to ride on the roofs of overcrowded pickup vehicles to schools where teachers who cannot pass remedial exams in their own subjects spend their time chastising students and preaching state propaganda instead of providing them with necessary 21st century skills? I'm just getting warmed up here...

?  they choose schools that readily pass their kids, and not one where competition in tests and exams are keen.

Roofs of pickup trucks? Their kids would demand their own motocycles. If not, they will not attend school. And this is for Grade 7 up...

Opportunities and choices...

Suan Dusit Poll: 85% of Thai public think today's youth are out of control! 

So this 85% obviously don't have any kids old enough to be classed as youths, otherwise they wouldn't be commenting, just in case they hurt little Somchai's feelings.  That must mean that the other 15% are responsible for producing these out of control youths.  The 85% must be the ones feeding all the stray dogs.

Having kids is like having pet dogs; if you can't/won't look after them, don't have them!

45 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

This is not China and the father could take that the wrong way. Besides the girls claim these things are really uncomfortable.  I must consult with Omar the Tentmaker to see if he can come up with a better design. Humor uber alles

"They find it comfortable wearing them"

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/27/world/fg-chastity27

Comfortable designs have already been tested...

People only THINK that Thai youth are out of control? Give me a break. Just sit by the side of any main street on any night and watch them go by. Thai boys are mollycoddled by their mums and as a result stay as boys even when they have mens skin. They can't handle rejection, can't handle being told no by any woman, can't control their anger, and try to look like big men by boasting the weaponry that carry around. Small boys with small dicks and a big ego. What a cocktail.

Suan Dusit University should not draw results from a poll of 1,129 in a diverse population of 67 million. I would be embarassed to be the faculty or administrators to allow such "research" to be put forward. This seems only to be a product of needing an academic headline with no real process that would stand up to any peer review. 

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Thai friends of ours, their son is 15, he's not going to school. Told them I'd drag him by the scruff of his neck there, answer from them, "oh you can't do that".

That boy owns his parents. He controls their every move, their every thought, and action. He is their master. They are his slaves. He owns them. They are bought and paid for. They surrendered their free will when he started acting out, and rather than a sharp wallop up the side of the head, setting the limits, and showing him what the parameters of the relationship was, they tried to calm him down and reason with him, and please him. He knew at that moment, that he had them exactly where he wanted them, and they have been his slave ever since. They are parents only in name. It is complete surrender. Utter cowardice, and an astonishing lack of responsibility. 

5 minutes ago, Siameaze said:

Suan Dusit University should not draw results from a poll of 1,129 in a diverse population of 67 million. I would be embarassed to be the faculty or administrators to allow such "research" to be put forward. This seems only to be a product of needing an academic headline with no real process that would stand up to any peer review. 

Actually ....1,129 is almost twice the number required to ensure 99% accuracy based on a population of 67 million.

That boy owns his parents. He controls their every move, their every thought, and action. He is their master. They are his slaves. He owns them. They are bought and paid for. They surrendered their free will when he started acting out, and rather than a sharp wallop up the side of the head, setting the limits, and showing him what the parameters of the relationship was, they tried to calm him down and reason with him, and please him. He knew at that moment, that he had them exactly where he wanted them, and they have been his slave ever since. They are parents only in name. It is complete surrender. Utter cowardice, and an astonishing lack of responsibility. 

We are going over there tomorrow, if you see on the news that a foreigner has beaten a Thai teenager to death, that'll be me!

4 minutes ago, roo860 said:

We are going over there tomorrow, if you see on the news that a foreigner has beaten a Thai teenager to death, that'll be me!

And I would love to hear about it. maybe take a video of it, and it will go viral. Thai youth gets slapped around by fareng! He regains his senses, and becomes a respectable citizen, and starts contributing to his family, and the world. The parents are eternally grateful. We just did not have the courage to do it ourselves. Thank you so much for taking the lead on this.