best embassy for non o for retirement- Vientiane or Penang?

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. It is still possible to apply for a non immigrant visa at some immigration offices. Bangkok and some offices near there and Chiang Mai immigration can accept the application.

I went to Changwattana BKK. End November 2016 on a t.v. and they'd have converted it to non0 extension no problem just that it's done in two parts.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I it was your wife trying to apply for the non immigrant visa she would not qualify to apply for one unless you she is qualified for an extension based upon retirement herself.

A change to a non immigrant visa is not possible for a dependent of a person having an an extension based upon retirement or the holder of a OA visa.

I'm on a single non-O which I'll convert to extension based on retirement. Can my foreign Son get a long stay based on my status?

9 hours ago, jimlek said:

I'm on a single non-O which I'll convert to extension based on retirement. Can my foreign Son get a long stay based on my status?

If your son is 20 or under he can get an extension as your dependent. He will need to have a non-o visa from a embassy or consulate to apply for it.

His birth certificate will have to legitimized by your embassy or government when he applies for the extension.

13 hours ago, roderick17 said:

I have a fairly straight forward question. Must a person be retired to quailfy for a Thai retirement visa ? The reason for my raising this question is that I plan to apply for a retitrement visa ( very soon) , live in the Kingdom for 8  to 9 months a year - in a semi comatose state, and then spend 2 or 3 months working overseas. But, at no time will I work in Thailand. Under these part-time working arrangements, would I still quaify for a retirement visa  ?

You could get a OA visa at a embassy or consulate in your home country or country of legal residence or apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here.

There is no rule that states you cannot work outside the country. Many people are doing it.

• Like 1

hi, I was wondering if anyone had success obtaining a non O visa ,for retirement, while being 'underage'..meaning I am 47 this year.still I can provide all the required papers from the bank (800K + for over a year there) and an income.Was considering trying my luck in Vientiane ,apply for a multiple,or is there any other better/easier location where I could give it a go?

thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, planetart said:

hi, I was wondering if anyone had success obtaining a non O visa ,for retirement, while being 'underage'..meaning I am 47 this year.still I can provide all the required papers from the bank (800K + for over a year there) and an income.Was considering trying my luck in Vientiane ,apply for a multiple,or is there any other better/easier location where I could give it a go?

thanks in advance!

You will not a non-o visa anywhere at the age of 47 for retirement that I am aware of. Even getting a multiple entry non-o  for being 50 or over is difficult to get.

• Like 1