Shooting In Reggae Pub

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to channel 7 news, a swiss and a norwegian.

Also according to channel 7 they were long time stayers, dealing heroin.

If it is true, then I guess they got hit by their own bad karma..

Nice to hear good news, if you are corect.

And the Thai guy who was killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - is that good news too?

According to channel 7 news, a swiss and a norwegian.

Also according to channel 7 they were long time stayers, dealing heroin.

If it is true, then I guess they got hit by their own bad karma..

Nice to hear good news, if you are corect.

And the Thai guy who was killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - is that good news too?

Where on this topic does it mention that?

I only go on what it says here. If heroin dealers were killed then yes good news indeed. Scum removed from the island.

It doesn't - but why wait to get the full story before coming out with some half arsed comment.

Based on the information given I will make another half arsed comment. In my opinion, good ridance to bad rubbish.

If it is true about the Thai, yes that is terrible. Seems an all too common occurance in Samui nowadays.

Dane Shot Dead – Swede Wounded http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news...mp;coun_code=se

Yesterday night a 34 year old Danish citizen was shot dead and killed on the island of Koh Samui. A Swedish citizen was injured and is now hospitalized. Also 34 years of age.

According to the local police on Koh Samui the Dane and the Swede had been sitting and drinking in a bar at Reggae Alley.

Before the shooting some witnesses had told the police that they heard a fight between the two Scandinavians and two Thai.

The police found the dead body at 1.15 am this morning. The Dane had been shot twice. One shot in the neck and one shot through the right eye. The in juries of the Swedish male are for the moment unknown.

At 7.30 am this morning the police arrested a 26 year old Thai for the shooting while the suspected other accomplished is still on the run.

Update will follow as soon as new information is available.

The apparent involvement of root vegetables have proved groundless

Edited by Pilchard

Dane Shot Dead – Swede Wounded http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news...mp;coun_code=se

Yesterday night a 34 year old Danish citizen was shot dead and killed on the island of Koh Samui. A Swedish citizen was injured and is now hospitalized. Also 34 years of age.

According to the local police on Koh Samui the Dane and the Swede had been sitting and drinking in a bar at Reggae Alley.

Before the shooting some witnesses had told the police that they heard a fight between the two Scandinavians and two Thai.

The police found the dead body at 1.15 am this morning. The Dane had been shot twice. One shot in the neck and one shot through the right eye. The in juries of the Swedish male are for the moment unknown.

At 7.30 am this morning the police arrested a 26 year old Thai for the shooting while the suspected other accomplished is still on the run.

Update will follow as soon as new information is available.

The apparent involvement of root vegetables have proved groundless

Thanks Pilchard..I got the sketchy info by sms from a friend and every time he text me the Nationalities changed..

Now you have cleared it up and again for that thank you..

Sad state of affairs just the same.. Just the sort of publicity Samui doesn't need..

Apparently they were shot by Thai hitman.

Around 10 Thais have been arrested, apparently all from Nakhon Si Tammarat, amongst the arrested, the apparent hitman/shooter.

Haven't heard about any heroin involvement neither from any Thais accidently being hit.

Was told about it by a thai friend who was there. There was a language barrier so will just give the info I am confident on.

The bar was opposite the boxing stadium and the minimart, on the corner on left as you are heading away from the stadium towards the lake road. A farang told the thai to shoot, and he did. One was shot in the head, the bullet exiting out back. The other was shot in the shoulder, possibly no exit wound. Apparently the sum paid was 5000 baht for the hit.

More news will no doubt follow, maybe disproving some of what I have said, but thats the info I was told

Most of the bars quickly closed after that for obvious reasons

Was told about it by a thai friend who was there. There was a language barrier so will just give the info I am confident on.

The bar was opposite the boxing stadium and the minimart, on the corner on left as you are heading away from the stadium towards the lake road. A farang told the thai to shoot, and he did. One was shot in the head, the bullet exiting out back. The other was shot in the shoulder, possibly no exit wound. Apparently the sum paid was 5000 baht for the hit.

More news will no doubt follow, maybe disproving some of what I have said, but thats the info I was told

Most of the bars quickly closed after that for obvious reasons

Interesting that it was a Swede and a Dane in light of previous allegations on Samui

Excellent, I just been adding Samui to my travel route for my parents holiday. I know this shit doesn't happen everyday but it's gotta make you think twice doesn't it! Can you imagine bringing parents here to show them what a great country you live in only to have them witness something like that, or catch a stray bullet as that Ozzie girl in Kanchanburi did? I know it goes on back in London as well, and on the increase recently, but for gods sake this hits the international news I can see them having problems with my travel plans.

Guys,

If your parents are into the night life parts of Samui, there may be a very, very small risk that maybe, but only maybe, something may happen to them, similar or less actually than Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket.

In my opinion it's more dangerous riding a bike on Samui (ideally without helmet and proper shoes), you're more likely to have an accident on such a bike than being shot at on Samui.

Can you guys keep this in perspective please?

Do your parents at home hang out in the night life areas of town, together with alleged drug dealers? If your answer is no, why shouldn't your respective parents (or anybody else for that matter) NOT come to Samui?

Guys,

If your parents are into the night life parts of Samui, there may be a very, very small risk that maybe, but only maybe, something may happen to them, similar or less actually than Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket.

In my opinion it's more dangerous riding a bike on Samui (ideally without helmet and proper shoes), you're more likely to have an accident on such a bike than being shot at on Samui.

Can you guys keep this in perspective please?

Do your parents at home hang out in the night life areas of town, together with alleged drug dealers? If your answer is no, why shouldn't your respective parents (or anybody else for that matter) NOT come to Samui?

well,I know many people that normally don't venture out that much,but when they are on holiday they tend to go out every night........