Intoxicated Tourist Farang

libya 115

On the evening of December 13th 2006 an intoxicated farang was seen staggering down Soi Xzyte towards Pattaya 3rd Road.

Local motorcycle taxi drivers were unable to make any sense of his spoken instructions and he was unable to stand up, so they kindly let him sleep on their make-shift outdoor sofa, which they normally use to sit on, whilst waiting for fares.

This morning December 14th 2006, they were unable to wake him, and it became clear that he had expired.

Initial identification has proved difficult and his body has been removed to the local morgue in Naklu.

More details to follow.

I've just heard that a bar & business owner i know has died this morning in Pattaya so it might be linked.

I'm waiting for details hence not naming him but its very sad and he was'nt very old. :o

I think the person you are refering to died this morning after a game of squash. Apparantly he had complained of chest pains the night before. He was around 40 I should say.

SOURCE: PATTAYA CITY NEWS

Early on Thursday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Pongsawat from Pattaya Police Station was called to Soi Chaleurmpragiet 23 in Central Pattaya to investigate the death of a Finnish Resident who was discovered on a sofa in front of an apartment complex. Police and rescue workers arrived and inspected the body of Mr. Niko Raine Valtteri Marin aged 27 who was carrying his Finnish Passport which indicated he originated from Turkey. An inspection of the body was made and few clues were forthcoming as to the cause of his death. Near the body was a Mosquito Repellant Stick and he was seen to have a number of Mosquito Bites. For now the cause of death is a mystery and Police and Finnish Embassy Officials are awaiting the results of a post mortem examination.

Early on Thursday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Pongsawat from Pattaya Police Station was called to Soi Chaleurmpragiet 23 in Central Pattaya to investigate the death of a Finnish Resident who was discovered on a sofa in front of an apartment complex. Police and rescue workers arrived and inspected the body of Mr. Niko Raine Valtteri Marin aged 27 who was carrying his Finnish Passport which indicated he originated from Turkey. An inspection of the body was made and few clues were forthcoming as to the cause of his death. Near the body was a Mosquito Repellant Stick and he was seen to have a number of Mosquito Bites. For now the cause of death is a mystery and Police and Finnish Embassy Officials are awaiting the results of a post mortem examination.

May he Rest In Peace.

The insect bites are concerning because I know one case where an insect bite put a gentleman in BHP for some days and he is still having treatments. Skin sloughed off his foot and leg. This gentleman told me that there have been other cases and that one lady, a diabetic, had to have amputation after insect bite. Yesterday I met a friend who had been bitten on the face while asleep. She woke with tremendous itchiness all over her face and neck. She doesn't think it was a mosquito.

Does anybody else know anything?

• 2 months later...

NOTES AND CORRECTIONS

RE: News story dated December 14th 2007

I have recently learnt that Mr. Niko Raine Valtteri Marin did not 'originate from Turkey': He was in fact Finnish and had his Finnish passport issued in 'Turku' a large city in Finland.

January 21st 2007