I love a place where you MUST smoke!

Trujillo

54 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

A comment was expunged that I replied to, but my comment is still there, so the continuity is a bit off. Looks like I'm talking to my imaginary friend....Who smokes. 

Well admitting that your friend is imaginary is the first step. Many people who use Facebook claim to have 100's of friends, most of whom are imaginary.

If you smoke, stop. You are a public health risk, and you should be jailed. Don't you just love it when you go into a restaurant in Bangkok and some idiot lights up a cigg and management does not do anything. Smokers, if you MUST smoke go way outside the restaurant and do your thing, not inside. Unbelieveable!

25 minutes ago, likeke said:

If you smoke, stop. You are a public health risk, and you should be jailed. Don't you just love it when you go into a restaurant in Bangkok and some idiot lights up a cigg and management does not do anything. Smokers, if you MUST smoke go way outside the restaurant and do your thing, not inside. Unbelieveable!

Passive smoking is a health risk to those who are persistently exposed ie. family members who live in close proximity to a smoker over extended periods of time. Stating that exposing non-smokers to occasional cigarette smoke is a "public health risk and you should be jailed" is simply hysteria. In fact the poster probably inhales more carcinogens walking from where he parked his car or got off the Skytrain to the restaurant than he would from the occasional cigarette while in the restaurant. There are other reasons why lighting up is objectionable in a restaurant that have nothing to do with being a "public health risk". It interferes with the senses - smell, taste - that contribute to the enjoyment of the food, and that's the reason I object to smoking in restaurants

5 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Passive smoking is a health risk to those who are persistently exposed ie. family members who live in close proximity to a smoker over extended periods of time. Stating that exposing non-smokers to occasional cigarette smoke is a "public health risk and you should be jailed" is simply hysteria. In fact the poster probably inhales more carcinogens walking from where he parked his car or got off the Skytrain to the restaurant than he would from the occasional cigarette while in the restaurant. There are other reasons why lighting up is objectionable in a restaurant that have nothing to do with being a "public health risk". It interferes with the senses - smell, taste - that contribute to the enjoyment of the food, and that's the reason I object to smoking in restaurants

I totally agree.

5 hours ago, likeke said:

To paraphrase another TV post from some months ago:

Put a non-smoker in a room with 100 smokers for 1 hour and everyone walks out alive.  Put 100 non-smokers in a room with a running automobile for 1 hour and no one walks out alive.

Think about it.

Commercial cigarettes are mankind's ugliest habit.  The common plastic tip fouls the environment underfoot for hundreds of years=ugly.  The smokers puffing away like Tiny_Tim up the hill completely ruin the air of life=uglyuglyugly. Even when finished and disgarded, the eternal stink remains=ugly.

6 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I was being a little "tongue in cheek" about being jailed. I thought most people would get that.  Anyway, I was venting my frustration about people who dirty the immediate environment with this filthy habit. The idiot who smokes in a restaurant must know he is ruining the dining experience of others, but the idiot still does it. Doesn't that bother you?

Relative to Chiang Mai, I am more concerned about the mountains, and fields, smoking right now. It's very rare for me to encounter cigarette smoke here these days, but, of course, that's a reflection of my hermit/hermetic life-style.

I think the great reduction in smoking cigarettes in Chiang Mai, and the Kingdom,  in the last 12 years is a much of a great achievement as the ever increasing vehicle traffic and its mephitic fumes are a great disaster.

cheers, ~o:37;