Legal requirements for exteneded stay

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have some questions. My wife ( a Thai citizen) and I are considering moving to Thailand to live with her family. We can work for them and we already have a home set up by them. I am looking for some information regarding a legal extended stay. I intend to travel back to the USA about 2-3 times per year. I have a business and investments here in the states that I would like to keep here. Any information you can offer will be of great assistance to us

Believe you should read over the visa information on the main site.  If you want to officially work here you need a work permit.  So you might want to set up a company.  But then again you can live here on a class 'O' visa on the basis of your marriage and only work in the US on your trips.  You could get multi entry visa and exit every 90 days or if you put money in the bank here and show source of funds you can extend on a yearly basis and enter/exit at your leisure with a re-entry permit.  Lots to read over.  What fits one person may not fit another.

It depend on how long is your each stay in Thailand as you are out back to States few time a year and as long as your stay in Thailand is within the 90 days or say another 30 days ( on application for extention and may up to a year if supported with other valid reason ) as per the Non Immigrant Visa apply, it is o.k and practical for you to travel to Thailand each occassion on Non Immigrant visa be it  as B or O code.. As it is a long time  travel in and out, it is advisable to take a non o visa based on the strength of Marriage which is extededable up to a year upon expiray of 90 days period.> Be sure to apply for multiple entry too upon visa approved so that the visa remained enforced and useable when you leave for state. Otherwise you have to reapply for the new visa each time of entry to Thailand.