Whatever you do, not ask a visa for your Philippine girl-friend in Philippines

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Well, it comes directly from experience.

And here you are, still on TV bc the lack of intelligence of 95% of foreigners living there is shocking. Alcohol, women (boys). That's it...

Perhaps you are one of the exceptions that prove the rule.

Everyone has two and three names. You have your original name you give to no one. Then fake1 which are given to the more trusting of your 'friends' then another you give to the world so to avoid schemes and blackmail.

The guys that can't make a life in Thailand with Thai women downshift to Philippines. No standards.

Everyone thinks of beautiful beaches but it could not be further from the truth.

It's like living in a penal colony, everything is caged. A karaoke joint on one corner, a pawn shop on the other and two of each in between.

The food is disgusting.

Everything and I mean everything is imported. Phils could have industries but mafias choose to import everything bc it's easier to control ALL goods. Govt gets its taxes and VAT commoners can just piss off. Chinese run everything.

It's more the South Pacific than Asia. Hell, it's more Africa than Asia. People living in 60b a day. Most marginal of unemployment.

No wonder ten percent up and leaves the country for ANYWHERE.

I felt I had to warn people. I apologise for hijacking the thread and I'm done here.

I do not feel the least bit sorry for the OP that he cannot bring his Filipina 'girlfriend' here to shack up with him in Thailand. As I stated before it is exactly as it appears. Stop complaining.

I agree with most of your (harsh) comments, though not with what you say about the beaches. The Phils has some of the most stunning beaches I ever came across in my life, and as someone who had/has to do with the tourism/hospitality business, I have seen quite a few. If you only visited beaches on Luzon, I would agree though.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:30 AM, Kasset Tak said:

One of my Filipino friends was almost denied to leave the Philippines after a trip back home to see her family. She had Thai non-B visa, contract and work permit but still the Filipino immigration refused to let her go, luckily she had her mind set straight so she called the school she was working at and had them talk to the Filipino immigration officer and after that she was allowed to leave for Thailand. After that incident she didn't go back to see her family for 3 years just because she worried about the Filipino immigration!

And then we complain about how we are treated by the Thai immigration...

This country is really one of the worst that I have ever visited.

2 hours ago, siam2007 said:

I agree with most of your (harsh) comments, though not with what you say about the beaches. The Phils has some of the most stunning beaches I ever came across in my life, and as someone who had/has to do with the tourism/hospitality business, I have seen quite a few. If you only visited beaches on Luzon, I would agree though.

Yes, beaches without running water, without electricity and internet, but noisy filipinos all around, great !

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Well, it comes directly from experience.

And here you are, still on TV bc the lack of intelligence of 95% of foreigners living there is shocking. Alcohol, women (boys). That's it...

Perhaps you are one of the exceptions that prove the rule.

Everyone has two and three names. You have your original name you give to no one. Then fake1 which are given to the more trusting of your 'friends' then another you give to the world so to avoid schemes and blackmail.

The guys that can't make a life in Thailand with Thai women downshift to Philippines. No standards.

Everyone thinks of beautiful beaches but it could not be further from the truth.

It's like living in a penal colony, everything is caged. A karaoke joint on one corner, a pawn shop on the other and two of each in between.

The food is disgusting.

Everything and I mean everything is imported. Phils could have industries but mafias choose to import everything bc it's easier to control ALL goods. Govt gets its taxes and VAT commoners can just piss off. Chinese run everything.

It's more the South Pacific than Asia. Hell, it's more Africa than Asia. People living in 60b a day. Most marginal of unemployment.

No wonder ten percent up and leaves the country for ANYWHERE.

I felt I had to warn people. I apologise for hijacking the thread and I'm done here.

I do not feel the least bit sorry for the OP that he cannot bring his Filipina 'girlfriend' here to shack up with him in Thailand. As I stated before it is exactly as it appears. Stop complaining.

Thank you ! At least someone see clearly what PI are.

Cambodia is even better and at least we dont even need to fly to go there !

I few things on this thread:

• Cebu Thai Consulate has been on the "do not bother" list for years, based on my reading here - for foreigners seeking a Tourist Visa (evidently most locals, too).  The Manila Thai Consulate is do-able, in some situations, but not friendly.  I have not seen any info on whether the Manila Thai Consulate will issue Tourist Visas to Filipinas with Western boyfriends and/or if similar proof the relationship is "genuine" as is needed for her to board the flight out.  But, bottom line, whatever the experience at the Cebu Thai Consulate - it does not mean this is the policy at the Manila Thai Consulate (actually the embassy in Manila, but you would be dealing with the consular-section).
  • Many of the disparaging things written here about Filipina women reflect, almost exactly, what I have heard men with Filipina ladies say about Thai women.  This over-generalization is just silly - stop it.  There are good and bad ladies/men everywhere.
  • The only feature I found in common with all the Filipinas I dated, was they didn't want to remain in the Philippines.  Because I didn't want to go "back to my country," this was a great disappointment to them.  For guys looking to take the gal home, this is a "feature."  Gals in Thailand (and Cambodia) tend, generally, to want to stay here, which works best for me.
  • I have lived for awhile in the Philippines.  Consider it as 2 countries - Manila, and "everywhere else."  I found the Philippines (not including Manila) to be safe, and full of friendly people.  Then again, I come from the USA, which is generally more dangerous than anywhere in SE Asia. 
  • The Philippines are also, generally, more happy to have foreigners stay in their country than Thailand - from the grass-roots, to the cop-on-the-beat, up through the government-bureaucracy.  In Thailand you need to "prove you are good enough" to be here.  In The Philippines it is generally-assumed you are good enough, if you come from the West. 

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I do feel sorry for him.  If he can support the lady, what is wrong / bad with them living here, if they prefer it here?

My suggestion is to follow the advise above from others to get her out of the PI, then she can use Tourist Visas from Penang, Savanahket, and Vientiene for extending her stay - being aware the proof of finances and/or plane-flights are becoming a reality for obtaining these.  Ideally, if he has a long-stay visa, they could get married, and she could be added as a dependent.

Edited by JackThompson