Thai wife arrives too late to save Austrian man

webfact

Thai wife arrives too late to save Austrian man

2a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

UDON THANI: -- An Austrian man's Thai wife who had arranged to go with him on a visa run turned up at his place and found him dead from an apparent heart attack.

Usa, 38, and her husband had been married for five years but lived in separate places in Udon. She had seen him on Wednesday evening but then went home to her mum and dad, reported Thairath.

The couple had arranged to meet Thursday to go to Laos to extend the husband's visa.

Usa found Roman Kothgabner, 54, dead in his room. Police and medics called to the address said that there was no sign of a struggle and nothing had been taken.

The deceased was found dressed only in shorts and was half on his bed half off. There was fluid coming from his mouth and nostrils and he was thought to have been dead about nine hours.

A large quantity of Thai herbal medications was found on a table in the room.

His wife said that she was not aware that he had any serious illnesses. If he was ever sick he would take herbal remedies. She

added that her husband had been in Thailand ten years.

Medics think that he suffered a heart attack the previous evening but the body was taken for autopsy to confirm matters.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-17

Herbal remedies i would like to know what they were.

i am a believer of some herbal remedies and i don,t mean

the stuff that gets you high or disturbs your mind. this guy

would have been better seeking proper medical advice. but i don,t know

the full story.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Strange arrangement ?

i  live  separately  from  my  Wife for various reasons, 1.  she works in BKK and i dont like to live there I like the countryside, 2.  she earns a lot of  money there so moving here isnt an option.

We meet  up every  month here or I go there for a few  days, we  both dont mind and meeting  up is like a honeymoon every time.

We have holidays together overseas for about 1  month each year

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Usa, 38, and her husband had been married for five years but lived in separate places in Udon

1 hour ago, webfact said:

She

added that her husband had been in Thailand ten years.

I stand by my original statement.

13 minutes ago, kannot said:

i  live  separately  from  my  Wife for various reasons, 1.  she works in BKK and i dont like to live there I like the countryside, 2.  she earns a lot of  money there so moving here isnt an option.

We meet  up every  month here or I go there for a few  days, we  both dont mind and meeting  up is like a honeymoon every time.

I like the honeymoon part, maybe we should try this!

1 hour ago, oldgent said:

Herbal remedies i would like to know what they were.

i am a believer of some herbal remedies and i don,t mean

the stuff that gets you high or disturbs your mind. this guy

would have been better seeking proper medical advice. but i don,t know

the full story.

Proper medical service? Where do you get that?

1 hour ago, kannot said:

Still strange, and unusual. The common reason why people engage in marriage, is usually that they have a wish to share a life together and feel better by confirming that with a legally binding marriage.
I am not saying anything is wrong. It´s everybody´s own choise. Just stating the facts. Strange and unusual!

12 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Proper medical service? Where do you get that?

Still strange, and unusual. The common reason why people engage in marriage, is usually that they have a wish to share a life together and feel better by confirming that with a legally binding marriage.
I am not saying anything is wrong. It´s everybody´s own choise. Just stating the facts. Strange and unusual!

Would you find it strange and unusual that people marry partners who serve in the military, who they might not physically see for months at a time?

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

Fluid from his mouth... Great news reporting. Why are they so stupid, always reporting irrelevant and often personal things about the deceased.

Just this line is the only informative part of this report.

This could be an indication to a heart attack and maybe if somebody was around could have saved his life.

Sometimes it's already enough to calm the person down to get the heart back in rhythm.

3 hours ago, kannot said:

What about the fact that she's uppity?

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

Would you find it strange and unusual that people marry partners who serve in the military, who they might not physically see for months at a time?

Gee, or even be married to someone who is a seaman, works rotation, is a truck driver, etc., ad infinitum. Some people think anything that is not the ordinary is strange and unusual. I believe thinking that way is strange and unusual.

6 hours ago, jerojero said:

Fluid from his mouth... Great news reporting. Why are they so stupid, always reporting irrelevant and often personal things about the deceased.

You may also be interested to learn that it was also reported in the Thai version there was a foul smell because the victime had defecated on himself. Maybe the trabslator was doing his best to report only some of the facts that he or she saw as pertinent. 

6 hours ago, ezrider62 said:

I like the honeymoon part, maybe we should try this!

Seriously, I get fed up with anyone if  I live with them all the time and shes  the same although for her she loves her work and it dominates her entire day

3 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

What about the fact that she's uppity?

Ah  well that wasnt my comment but a  long time ago another member said that comment which I thought was really  funny so kept it.............she  isnt uppity at all really

7 hours ago, kannot said:

Funny, I live with my wife in BKK, but I spend 1 week a month in Chiang Mai.  I actually miss my wife when I don't see her, but BKK is not the best place to live, and the separation helps the relationship for sure.  I recommend it.

Edited by Redline

9 hours ago, kannot said:

You must be very gullible or she earns lot of money. I heard many stories and you will most likely find her Thai husband lives in Bkk.

9 hours ago, jerojero said:

Ish.!! Surly you don't have any knowledge about people having heart attacks, or any what can happen during a heart attack.

23 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

You must be very gullible or she earns lot of money. I heard many stories and you will most likely find her Thai husband lives in Bkk.

Knew a Farang living on Sukumvit near Phrom Phon, whose wife would return to her village for 3wks out of 4wks, or at least that's what he thought, In fact instead of returning to her village she travelled only a few hundred mtres to  Work in Soi Cowboy. The guy had no idea.

Edited by nontabury

3 hours ago, kannot said:

Seriously, I get fed up with anyone if  I live with them all the time and shes  the same although for her she loves her work and it dominates her entire day

Me too, I just like the honeymoon part after being apart for any reason that always sounds good to me.