UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

Let me put this straight to all of you. I am now known as 'the woman in the white dress'. We had 1 drink only in that bar as I cheked the bin as soon as it was put on the table. She charged us 350bht for a vodka and tonic .For a drink in an ordinary street bar that is outrageous. Our other drinks were also well overpriced. We had words with her over the bill, PAID IT IN FULL and went to leave. She then produced another pot with a bin in it( not the pot on our table) and wanted more money. We refused to pay more as seeing her prices on the 1st bin there wasn't any way we would order more. She lost it when I said I wanted tourist police at the bar. The 711 story is a load of nonsense. The only comment made about anything like that was I live here I know what things cost. To charge 70bht in a small bar for a coke or tonic is well out of order. As if anyone with half a brain expects to pay convenience store price in a joke. We are happy with the help we are getting from the Thai police. My partner didn't even want to report it. It was me that made him go there. This crazy behaviour cannot be allowed in Thailand. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by this incident. She needed reporting, as I wouldn't like to see her get away with it again. Next time, it could leave someone with a permanent injury or worse. For those people who have given us your support we want to say 'thank you'.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Well, he probably did say he could get the drinks cheaper, but the article title is misleading.  They were attacked because they left without paying.  Of course the bargirl should not have attacked them, but the guy was a nit.  I wonder how big the bill was and did he really never look at the bin each time a round of drinks came by and take a quick glance at the prices? 

Please read my post below yours. It will explain a lot

10 hours ago, tropo said:

Of course, there are many variations of how the 7Eleven topic arose. The problem is that all the haters on this thread are assuming the worst possible variation... and assuming that variation, they're suggesting that the victim is an idiot who deserved what he got.

Did you notice how he took the bashing without any physical retaliation? His wife and friends too. That indicates to me he knows how to behave in Thailand and he's not the person so many on here are portraying.

Thank you for your support . I have posted again explaining what lead up to this incident. It is post 362. Once people have read this maybe they will understand what really happened.

A post discussing moderation and ending with a profanity has been removed, You need to read the forum rules before you post further:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

On 18/02/2017 at 9:53 AM, bermannor said:

For all those posters who just read the last 3 or4 pages of this thread who thought they needed to give a valuable comment on their opinion!

Maryell is the lady who was also attacked by the cashier and gave here side of the incident.

All those not too sharp knives in Mom's kitchen drawer most probably refuse to acknowledge her side of the story.

Martell, you get a first hand experience of the quality of quite a few TV members.

Thank you for being one of the few intelligent People to post on here. The word 7/11 was never mentioned by me, the girl said that as her defence with the Police.

We paid her extortionate bill and tried to leave but she then produced a further check bin not on our table for an imaginary second beer consumed by my Sisters partner while he still had his one and only beer in his hand. When we refused to pay any more and tried to leave she went ballistic hitting me with said shoe!

1 hour ago, Saladin said:

Good for her. Tight assed stupid tourists are not needed in LOS

A little late to the party are we? If you were to read what was explained by one of the expats involved, that's right not a tourist, maybe your stupid comment would be different. 

I had a good look at this man's FaceBook and there is nothing to indicate he would walk out on a legitimate bin. He lives a very luxurious lifestyle that NO Cheap Charlie would. In most cases the Farang is usually out of order but I doubt very much if this is the case here. They should be commended for how they dealt with that unhinged lady and apologized to by the Cretans who have disparaged them with zero research into their story.   

Thanks for the explanation Lady in White.

22 minutes ago, lodgy53 said:

Thank you for being one of the few intelligent People to post on here. The word 7/11 was never mentioned by me, the girl said that as her defence with the Police.

We paid her extortionate bill and tried to leave but she then produced a further check bin not on our table for an imaginary second beer consumed by my Sisters partner while he still had his one and only beer in his hand. When we refused to pay any more and tried to leave she went ballistic hitting me with said shoe!

Well Mr Lodge I think you handled the situation better than I ever could. Best to you and I hope you recover from your injury as quick as possible. 

A post has been removed, now we have the correct story from the people involved, further inflammatory posts bad mouthing the couple will be removed without notice and I will warn and could suspended that poster depending on what troll comment was made

49 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

A post has been removed, now we have the correct story from the people involved, further inflammatory posts bad mouthing the couple will be removed without notice and I will warn and could suspended that poster depending on what troll comment was made

Good work Mr Moderator. 

2 hours ago, lodgy53 said:

OK, so now more details emerge than what maryell said in her first post where she said a pot from the table next to hers was not hers appeared.  So it was her sisters and her partner's pot?   And they did not step in to pay?  Sorry, the complete thing does not seem to be forwarded, but that's ok.  

20 hours ago, retirementenquiry said:

Previous bar name "lady joes bar" soi 8 second rd end well known for padding and over charging esan family run bar for years renowned for fiery response  to bills sometimes the bills would just be torn up in the bar and customer told to get out.

Yes there's no testimony so reliable and credible as that offered by an "old Pattaya hand" with "local" knowledge who's joined the forum just to add to the thread.

28 minutes ago, BKKBodhisattva said:

Ok well it seems we've been told we can't question the "lady in white's" side of the story.

Might as well close the thread

It must be hard for you to deal with. You were so pro-bargirl you couldn't see the forest for the trees...

47 minutes ago, BKKBodhisattva said:

Ok well it seems we've been told we can't question the "lady in white's" side of the story.

Might as well close the thread

I was expecting some posts like this. Yesterday, many posters were certain enough about what had happened that they would lampoon those involved. Today they are claiming that we don't know the whole story - if only they had admitted that yesterday and kept their negative comments to themselves. 

8 hours ago, maryell said:

Let me put this straight to all of you. I am now known as 'the woman in the white dress'. We had 1 drink only in that bar as I cheked the bin as soon as it was put on the table. She charged us 350bht for a vodka and tonic .For a drink in an ordinary street bar that is outrageous. Our other drinks were also well overpriced. We had words with her over the bill, PAID IT IN FULL and went to leave. She then produced another pot with a bin in it( not the pot on our table) and wanted more money. We refused to pay more as seeing her prices on the 1st bin there wasn't any way we would order more. She lost it when I said I wanted tourist police at the bar. The 711 story is a load of nonsense. The only comment made about anything like that was I live here I know what things cost. To charge 70bht in a small bar for a coke or tonic is well out of order. As if anyone with half a brain expects to pay convenience store price in a joke. We are happy with the help we are getting from the Thai police. My partner didn't even want to report it. It was me that made him go there. This crazy behaviour cannot be allowed in Thailand. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by this incident. She needed reporting, as I wouldn't like to see her get away with it again. Next time, it could leave someone with a permanent injury or worse. For those people who have given us your support we want to say 'thank you'.

Dear "Lady in White."  Thanks for clarifying all that.  It looks like you did everything right.  Here on TV Forums we are used to reading about both stupid tourists and Thai bar staff flying off the handle.  It appears there was only one of the above in play here but to start with, it looked like both the usual components had met in this situation.  I live here and have so far been lucky although I did have one attempted rip off in Pattaya 20 years ago but it was settled without blows.  I was lucky. It could have gone either way.  Interestingly, lady drinks are always much more expensive than the ones you order for yourselves to drink.  If you buy some girl a drink for the time she spends chatting with you, ( as we do sometimes) it will always be 70 baht or over.  I pride myself on being street smart and not going into places that look like trouble but there will always be places that looked ok but it all goes wrong.  (Manure - huMAN natURE as Bernard Trink -the famous Night Owl, used to say)

10 hours ago, maryell said:

I have always said: It would be great if the police would agree to allow you to have 10 minutes in an isolated jail cell with the perpetrator and "settle the score"

Heck...most people would be willing to pay say, 1000 baht ( or more ) to the police to have 10 minutes with A-Holes like that and settle the score.

Cheers

The Deerhunter

"Interestingly enough lady drinks are always dearer than the ones you buy for yourself"

Do you know why that is? Its because the girl gets a share of the top up.We used to charge 30baht on top of any drink bought for a girl.Just 30 baht.That's a good price.No matter what drink you bought the girl,it was never more than 30 baht,on what ever you paid.
Dont forget,these bar girls get piss poor wages,and they will have a drink with you,because you have instigated the companionship. They dont really want the drink,they want the 30 baht to top up their earnings,which they get at the end of the night.If 30 baht is a problem for you,then you really should be staying away from bars.It's a common practice, and if you dont know that, then you have a lot to learn.

16 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

The Deerhunter

"Interestingly enough lady drinks are always dearer than the ones you buy for yourself"

Do you know why that is? Its because the girl gets a share of the top up.We used to charge 30baht on top of any drink bought for a girl.Just 30 baht.That's a good price.No matter what drink you bought the girl,it was never more than 30 baht,on what ever you paid.
Dont forget,these bar girls get piss poor wages,and they will have a drink with you,because you have instigated the companionship. They dont really want the drink,they want the 30 baht to top up their earnings,which they get at the end of the night.If 30 baht is a problem for you,then you really should be staying away from bars.It's a common practice, and if you dont know that, then you have a lot to learn.

Geez ...in some Go Go Bars they charge me 120 to 160 baht for a bottle of water.

It is almost like an entrance fee in that respect, but I do not sweat it.

In some hostess bars they charge you 40 baht and others only 20 baht and in some beer bars 20 baht to 60 or even 80 baht

It is the PRICE you pay for the entertainment....and that is the price you pay.

I wish it was 20 baht in the Go Go bars  ...but it is not, while nearly every place has the cost of drinks and beverages posted somewhere  obvious or you can ask about the cost first or ask for a drink menu and prices seen on the menu but if you have been here for a long enough time you know most places charge more than you would rather pay ..but pay you do..... to sit there and entertain yourself...... or be entertained.

Either way, places of entertainment are going to charge you more than you would like to pay while the prices of drinks are not negotiable....but other things are...lol

gemguy

I know what you speak of mate.those prices you quoted are Walking st prices.I am talking about the normal soi bars.The bars in Patts are dearer than those of the street bars across the other side of the Sukhumvit.If you choose to booze in the tourist joints, you will get Royally ripped off.Its your choice.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

If 30 baht is a problem for you, then you really should be staying away from bars.It's a common practice, and if you dont know that, then you have a lot to learn.

I think I've got a lot to learn... could you teach me about how a vodka and tonic can cost 350 baht in a beer bar on Soi 8?... that's with no added "entertainment" - just a customer drink.

32 minutes ago, tropo said:

I think I've got a lot to learn... could you teach me about how a vodka and tonic can cost 350 baht in a beer bar on Soi 8?... that's with no added "entertainment" - just a customer drink.

Easy.... Crazy ass bar slut overcharging hoping no one is any the wiser

tropo

A vodka and tonic should no way cost you 350 baht.The Vodka,if a brand name ,say a Stoly or a Smirnoff,should cost no more than 120 baht.If its a cheap brand,like the ones you can buy in the 7/11 ( Ive forgotten the name of it,but they do a cheap Gin and vodka)they should be 100 baht. Mixer should be free. These are today's prices.Our prices until we sold were 100 and 80 baht respectively.,no mixer charge.And if you bought a bar girl a drink,it was 30 baht on top of the bar price.

I dont know where you are paying 350 baht,but i would guess its in Pattaya city,Walking street maybe.They are charging you for the Tonic as an extra, but there's still no way it comes to 350b.You are being royalty ripped to shreds,wholesale.

I hope the bar and the girls are worth it.

You asked me to teach you ? Here endeth the lesson

18 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

tropo

A vodka and tonic should no way cost you 350 baht.The Vodka,if a brand name ,say a Stoly or a Smirnoff,should cost no more than 120 baht.If its a cheap brand,like the ones you can buy in the 7/11 ( Ive forgotten the name of it,but they do a cheap Gin and vodka)they should be 100 baht. Mixer should be free. These are today's prices.Our prices until we sold were 100 and 80 baht respectively.,no mixer charge.And if you bought a bar girl a drink,it was 30 baht on top of the bar price.

I dont know where you are paying 350 baht,but i would guess its in Pattaya city,Walking street maybe.They are charging you for the Tonic as an extra, but there's still no way it comes to 350b.You are being royalty ripped to shreds,wholesale.

I hope the bar and the girls are worth it.

You asked me to teach you ? Here endeth the lesson

Thank you for the lesson.:smile: I brought it up because the "lady in white" mentioned that they ordered a vodka and tonic at the bar where the assault took place and the price was 350. 

tropo

I see,you were talking about the post where the guy got the worst end of the cashier.

350 baht,is like 8 quid English?. 10 dollars US?. Its a ridiculous price.i would have checked the first bin and then checked out. End of problem. I wonder if this shows how desperate the bar is for money,or just pure greed on the staff's part.

I guess if the mark and his lady, appeared to be pissed up enough, then the bar staff took their chance.Bin padding is common practice. It is very hard to stop.Until a complaint is made,and word gets round.Your rep is soiled,  and your cashier is sacked.Everybody loses.:smile:

Archived