UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

4 hours ago, samsensam said:

i guess he often consumes alcohol in a pub in the UK then refuses to pay because alcohol is cheaper at his local tesco? moron.

the girl's over reaction does her no favours either.

Maybe he was broke and couldn't pay ? He was drunk so he must have been drinking for a while.  I can understand the bar lady, they need all the money they can get from the business and he and his friends are just leaving .  No wonder he got what he deserved the "Thai way" .

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, maryell said:

get your facts right first how can you comment without knowing the full story if you sre interested in the true facts scroll down and read my post.  I am the girlm in the white dress involved in the incident.

How do I know that your facts are the truth!  There's always two sides to a story; probably three sides if Cheap Charlie likes to chip in.

40 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

I would have smacked him one also had he pulled a stunt like that in my bar! 

Cheeky pommy b*#%+@d!

:angry:

Then you would have been down the cop shop

two westerners in the cops shop and you a bar owner.

Get your wallet out,  it would cost you big time.

cops just love this , payday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, capo 5 said:

I'm pretty sure the women in the white dress spoke isaan when she said เห็น บ่อ when talking .Possibly not first time tourists and should know drinks in bars are more expensive.Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

She said "In bar". Lots of Yorkshire people omit 'the' when speaking.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

While I don't condone violence, she did have good reason to be angry. 

If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree.

Not sure he deserved a shoe in the face but he gets no sympathy from me. 

i would be very surprised if this is what really happened every one know prices in bar discos gogos are more expensive. i would think its more the case she got caught jacking up his bill and he refused to pay all of the bill when he caught her out. p.s sorry to say i could not allow anyone attack me like that.

maryell.

If you are indeed the woman involved in this mess.You say you have lived here for 11 years.As a long timer, with experience, would you have not considered it wise to check the price of the drinks on the bin.If you had checked it after the first serving,then, maybe all this would have been avoided,because you would have simply paid the for the 1st drinks and left.If the rmark made by your husband is true,then he should know that bars have bills to pay,Electricity,water,wages,wholesalers  bills,maintenance of property,cleaning materials.licenses, etc.You must surely have understood that, being a wife and house holder.As for padding the bills.This is common practice in some bars,but can be stopped by simply checking the bill as you go.you are lucky that the bar owner possessed a fire arms licence, things could have got a whole lot worse , if the bar girl/cashier was as crazy as you say.Youve been here long enough to know the game,and i am surprised that you never made the checks mentioned.

50 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, it is. Customers are continually pressed to buy more alcohol, no matter how drunk they are. They don't care how drunk their customers are - it's all about profit. That's the way all bars operate here. 

He was sitting in a chair with his friend when the bargirl came up behind him and hit him on the head with her shoe, twice. He stood up, and she hit him again.

He fled to the police station, and you call this refusing to pay the bill. The damage to his head had well and truly covered the cost of their bar tab at this point - the bar owed him.

You've got to give the Englishman some respect here - he didn't try to fight back. If he'd punched her back he would have been in a jail cell.

I absolutely do not even discuss the damage to head or fighting back or not. Niether who is sitting in any jail or not.
One thing is clear though, that you can´t even try to blame a bar over that somebody get too drunk or drink too much. If people aren´t grown up enough to know their limits when drinking, they should just stay home and lock the door. It´s not a day care center. All this BS about that the bars and bartenders or bar owner should be responsible for how much you drink and not serve you is totally out of line. It´s up to the person drinking to know when it´s time to say NO!

All people that can not accept that can just go home to their protected little countries, with laws that put the blame on somebody that isn´t responsible at all. Bye bye!

Thailand has a reputation for "zealous" bar tab collection in the entertainment zones. This is described everywhere on the web. Did this guy come here completely ignorant of things not to do? Or was he just an idiot/a$$$hole who enjoys giving people a hard time over anything he can think of, a troublemaker? How many baht was the difference in cost? 100 baht? It's less than 3 frig-ging dollars. Don't come to Thailand expecting people not to react badly to your western arrogance. And, yes, she deserved to be arrested, needs anger management. If you have a problem with a bar overcharging you can make a detailed note about it and turn to the tourist police, it's part of their job to mediate such things. 

4 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Then you would have been down the cop shop

two westerners in the cops shop and you a bar owner.

Get your wallet out,  it would cost you big time.

cops just love this , payday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont believe everything you read, i have a feeling some times things are reported wrong to protect pattaya and pattaya bars image.

6 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

if the bar girl/cashier was as crazy as you say.Youve been here long enough to know the game,and i am surprised that you never made the checks mentioned.

LOL. Why would anyone have to say this bargirl was crazy? Watch the video - no explanation is necessary. This lady is crazy and dangerous. Hitting a person on the head from behind with a shoe could be lethal. She needs to be kept as far away from tourists as possible... next time it could be a knife.

meryell

If you are indeed the woman involved in this mess.You say you have lived here for 11 years.As a long timer, with experience, would you have not considered it wise to check the price of the drinks on the bin.If you had checked it after the first serving,then, maybe all this would have been avoided,because you would have simply paid the for the 1st drinks and left.If the rmark made by your husband is true,then he should know that bars have bills to 

exactly what i always do

20 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Cheap Charlie Brit, on his first trip to Thailand. Deserved the shoe and the assualt.

I am glad to see the girl give it to him. Just wished I was there to pay her fine.

Geezer

22 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Cheap Charlie Brit, on his first trip to Thailand. Deserved the shoe and the assualt.

I am glad to see the girl give it to him. Just wished I was there to pay her fine.

Geezer

You should go back and read Maryell's  post #119, which is two posts  above yours.

8 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

They did not pay the bin, that's why they were assaulted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they disputed the bill - that's why they were assaulted. He was clearly beaten over the head twice while still sitting down with his friend. He was beaten 3 times before he finally fled. If you'd seen the ferocity of this bar slut in the video, you'd understand why they took off. It was a wise decision.

The bargirl even made a grab for his wife. Technically she assaulted them both.

5 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Don't sound right to me.

I smell Bs.

Maybe over charging .

Or was he that stupid

I have drank in many of these bars, never had a problem. I check the beer price when i arrive add the bill up to check, then pay the bill. Simple. If old mate wants 711 prices, go to the 711. Simple.

I don't believe this story, yes he may have made a comparison to prices in 7/11 but the interpretation is wrong.

The real problem is that all these bars refuse to display prices and basically make it up as they go, all bars should be forced to clearly display their price list so that ALL customers know exactly what they are going to be paying for a drink, there is a serious problem when a bar tries to hide the price of their drinks and many of them do, I always either ask before I order (which is mostly met with distain) or if I don't see a price list I might just walk away, a customer shouldn't have to ask the price of something they are about to buy, within an area of 100m prices can vary by as much as 50baht per drink, my guess is they came from a bar close by and assumed that all the bars in the vicinity would be roughly the same price range, a lot of these bars look at the customer and make up the price as they go

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So the tourist got away without paying the full amount he was owed ? Why wasn't he arrested for trying to do a runner on his tab ?

The tourist is at fault for not paying the bill, the bargirl is at fault for assaulting and causing serious bodily harm, but in the end it does not matter who is at fault.

What Thai people do not have in their stupid heads is that if their is a problem call the police to come and sort it out thats what they are therefore you do not take the law into your own hands and attack people and male Pattaya lose face as it does not have much of a face left as is obvious by the continuing decline in tourists from Europe and other areas.

So in my opinion the man was at fault for refusing to pay the bill, but when the bargirl attacked him the fault goes on he and the man goes free no need to pay anything, as it would be from where I come from.

Personally the man is a <deleted> letting her kick and punch him if it was me no way she would have needed the Sawangburiboon.

52 minutes ago, maryell said:

We aere charged extortionate prices for the drinks much more expensive than any where else on the road. It was only an ordinary bar not a go go bar and the prices were shocking.  We paid the bill in full and they then wanted to charge us more money for drinks we never had

Could you please tell us how much you were charged ? Is it true 1480 baht for 2 beers and 2 vodka drinks ? Or did you drink more than that ? 

Long ago, at a Gogo bar,  I commented to a friend that the drinks were high , he said You have to understand there is a Entertainment surcharge! Your paying for the  ambience and floor show!

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

No, they disputed the bill - that's why they were assaulted. He was clearly beaten over the head twice while still sitting down with his friend. He was beaten 3 times before he finally fled. If you'd seen the ferocity of this bar slut in the video, you'd understand why they took off. It was a wise decision.

The bargirl even made a grab for his wife. Technically she assaulted them both.

Yeah, they disputed the bill, just because the man was crazy enough to compare prices from a store with sitting drinking in a bar.

Maybe you are one of thoose that by bar cheaper in the bar than in Macro. Some people are truly lucky, or just doesn´t have a clue.

Simple sulotion is, that if you don´t want the have a dispute over the bil, just pay the beers when they get delivered to your table.

I really do wish that people people would read the whole thread and digest the information prior to jumping in with their outlandish reply's, there are two sources of what one would hope to be true and accurate accounts of what happened, his bill was padded, or have most of you keyboard warriors who have stated that you would give him a good kicking etc etc not bothered to read each and every post ? Try the posts from maryell & myfriendu then re evaluate your stupid and totally unnecessary comment.   

1 minute ago, BAMBOO13 said:

Long ago, at a Gogo bar,  I commented to a friend that the drinks were high , he said You have to understand there is a Entertainment surcharge! Your paying for the  ambience and floor show!

thats true in gogos but do you expect to pay for drinks you have not had ,its always happens and always will and the attacks are getting worse ,i hope they close the bar at least that will be one bar less with violent staff which rips customers off then beats them because they think they can get away with it 

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I really do wish that people people would read the whole thread and digest the information prior to jumping in in with their outlandish reply's, there are two sources of what one would hope to be true and accurate, his bill was padded, or have most of you keyboard warriors who have stated that you would give him a good kicking etc etc not bothered to read each and every post ? Try the posts from maryell & myfriendu then re evaluate your stupid and totally unnecessary comment.   

Yes its mostly people from outside Thailand blaming the innocent UK couple.they just want more posts to this issue and making the thread longer.Most likely my post will be removed by moderators.

Sooo.... where's soouptome when you need him?

we now have two independent posters claiming first had knowledge of the incident... the victim ( well done for coming out on this forum, by the way ?We always ask it, and when a victim does... she's insulted... go figure) and myfriendu.

given this... and just a wee bit of common sense, as may be gleaned from personal experience, I think it's fair to surmise that the bargirl was off her tits crazy and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law ( the full 500 baht fine).... banned from working in a bar, and the bar manager/ owner penalized as well

if pattaya is truly concerned about its image, such actions as mentioned, may go a long way towards restoring it image.... if ignored... well, obviously those (officials) complaining about its declining image, don't really give a toss, and its deserved

1 hour ago, maryell said:

the bar girls story is a complete fabrication.  I know because I am the girl in the white dress involved in the incident.  We aere charged extortionate prices for the drinks much more expensive than any where else on the road. It was only an ordinary bar not a go go bar and the prices were shocking.  We paid the bill in full and they then wanted to charge us more money for drinks we never had.  We had one drink each in there and that woman has brought shame on Thailand for her despicable actions and violent behaviour  I went to go to Tourist police and didnt get the chance but as soon as I mentioned police she got violent. and anyone who believes her side of the story need their head examined.  We are not tourists we have lived here in Hua Hin for 11 years we have always aid our bills whereever we have gone and have never rceived treatment like this in any br before. I just hope that when she goes to court she gets her just deserts as people should not be ribbed off in this manner

Have you any way of verifying:

A. That you are the "Woman in white"

B. That you are telling the truth.

You are now appearing in one of the most highly respected courts in the land......and protocols must be observed.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

You continue to side with the bargirl. She's was charged with assault. She'll say whatever she can to diminish her charges. i.e. lie through her teeth. Of course, all her witnesses in the bar will back her up.

I'll put money down he didn't pay the bill because he was attacked, not the other way around. Once he was attacked, leaving and heading to the police station was the reasonable course of action.

Legally speaking he can pay the bill at a later time or take it out of the hospital bill. After she'd injured him, she owed him.

In other words, she paid the bill in blood.

I just hope the police did the right thing and sent him down to the hospital to have his injuries photographed and documented.

Agreed the yaba loaded bar slut should not be believed under any circumstances.  It is rude to point your feet (cultural) but this rude bitch hits an elderly man in the face with a shoe. I'd love to see the over the hill bar slapper try that with a Thai gent more mature in years and see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I really do wish that people people would read the whole thread and digest the information prior to jumping in in with their outlandish reply's, there are two sources of what one would hope to be true and accurate, his bill was padded, or have most of you keyboard warriors who have stated that you would give him a good kicking etc etc not bothered to read each and every post ? Try the posts from maryell & myfriendu then re evaluate your stupid and totally unnecessary comment.   

Can tell us what drinks have been ordered and consumed and what bill was presented?

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, they disputed the bill, just because the man was crazy enough to compare prices from a store with sitting drinking in a bar.

Maybe you are one of thoose that by bar cheaper in the bar than in Macro. Some people are truly lucky, or just doesn´t have a clue.

(I don't drink at beer bars - I don't drink anywhere, period. Maybe you are too drunk to be posting on here right now)

The lady in the white dress explained the events leading up the bashing in a post a few pages back.

The British couple disputed the charges, stating they have been charged for drinks they didn't order (they had 4 in total - 2 couples - a drink each). 

The British couple suggested they should call the tourist police to have the dispute settled.

The bargirl got angry and started bashing the man over the head while he was still seated.

What part confuses you the most?

You can't cure stupid.  Violence was uncalled for but as we all know there is no point in expecting the police to do anything.  Maybe he should go back to the 7-11 and ask them to put on some music, serve the drinks chilled and in glasses, supply a bar stool and get some scantily clad bar girls to entertain him.

3 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

Haha that's funny, as if farang don't get shit faced and have no recollection of how many drinks they ordered..or forgot about the four girls rubbing his dick while he buys them endless lady drinks... Never happens..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

about as funny as everyone wrecks jet skis everytime they take them out ,its that your hobby watching girls grope drunk guys in gogo bars and count the drinks ,that, s sad not funny 

Archived