All smiles as Bangkok top cops descend on Patpong and Thaniya Road

rooster59

All smiles as Bangkok top cops descend on Patpong and Thaniya Road

police.PNG

Image: Daily News

It was all smiles last night as some of the metro force's top brass descended on two of the capital's leading entertainment districts.

And no wonder - they got a great Thai welcome and found absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

Region 6 police chief Songphon Wathanachai and the head of the Bang Rak station Nakorn Thongphanit led the happy throng of 200 officers to Patpong 1 and 2 and Thaniya Road.

They were determined to show care, politeness and friendliness even though their purpose was a serious one -  to uncover drug use.

Songphon said he was under orders from Nation HQ to clear up the city's drug problem and he had heard there was such activity in the Patpong area.

But after urine testing of the employees in the go-go bars and cocktail lounges of the area the force found no problems.

But time was found for some photos to celebrate a job well done.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-18

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traffic offenses in Silom are a big problem but some sidewalk areas have become difficult to navigate as street vendors have returned to the areas where there is the least amount of space. I have never seen police patrolling sidewalks in Silom. Surely some must be assigned to this area-where are they hiding ? 

Also there has has been a construction project (probably elevator for Saladeng Station) on a Silom Rd Sidewalk for the past 18 months...only one person can pass by on the sidewalk at one time and of course street vendors have set up shop in this narrow passageway too ! 

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Why don't those cops walk outside and start writing fines to trafficrules offenders? Much money to be made there and if traffic is safe it will improve the image of the cops and of Thailand. Worldwide!!

I was sitting at my local Thai drinking establishment drinking with the owner and his two police buddies. The topic of poor drivers came up. I asked why the police didn't enforce the laws. The response was not lack of manpower, as I thought. I was told they do enforce the laws, but admitted it was periodically. As we sat there at the corner of two busy streets there were people running the red lights, pulling half-way into the street, driving down the wrong side of the street--I pointed them out as they were happening. The police response was that Thais were so used to driving in that manner, that it would be difficult to stop them. Just as they were saying that two other cops rode by on a scooter, they had run the light and were coming down the wrong side of the street.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

I was sitting at my local Thai drinking establishment drinking with the owner and his two police buddies. The topic of poor drivers came up. I asked why the police didn't enforce the laws. The response was not lack of manpower, as I thought. I was told they do enforce the laws, but admitted it was periodically. As we sat there at the corner of two busy streets there were people running the red lights, pulling half-way into the street, driving down the wrong side of the street--I pointed them out as they were happening. The police response was that Thais were so used to driving in that manner, that it would be difficult to stop them. Just as they were saying that two other cops rode by on a scooter, they had run the light and were coming down the wrong side of the street.

At least they were not riding down the sidewalk!

Edited by Tracyb
Misspelled word