opalred

On February 18, 2560 BE at 7:28 PM, opalred said:

most people will say internet  iPad

you add up the figures

bikes or scooters  in china Asia especially Indonesia  

Africa  not so much the western world 

i bet the numbers would outweigh 

everything else

Motorcycle sales vs computer sales - - you would be wrong by a long long shot... 

3 hours ago, jerojero said:

No. It's the micro chip. Every facet of people's lives worldwide has been affected by this technology.

if you want to say that it was the invention of the transistor semiconductor by Texas Instruments which led to everything else.

2 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

Can you expand that please. 150cc zip along and smaller have killed more Thai in the last year than any real motorbike

So easy for farangies to say that and that's another subject and has been posted to death.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

So easy for farangies to say that and that's another subject and has been posted to death.

The topic is, would the small motorbike be best invention past 50yrs. 

My comment was obviously in disagreement with that. How can anything g that kills so many be good. As for you attempt at black humour well enough said.

12 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why post on the motorcycle forum ? We must all be nuts to ride these death traps. Me - 50 years next year. And I'm still kicking. Hence - your post is Hogwash.

The health & safety brigade are everywhere with there tunnel vision. :biggrin:

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Suppose the most iconic m/cycle is/was the Honda 50 which showed up in the 1950's. Not a scooter either, had big diameter wheels....

As for road casualties via modern day scooters, perhaps they are too powerful for what they are..

Motor-powered bikes have a great history.  :thumbsup:

Copeland_stoomfiets_1894.jpg 

No doubt the small bike/ scooter was a great invention. But I'd say many medical & technology inventions would be far ahead of the bike.

If no motor bike invented we could still walk, ride a horse or a bicycle or drive a car. Life as we know it would be much the worse if no medical & technological breakthroughs.

But hey, just my opinion.