Pattaya's sex capital image: We can't change it overnight, says tourism chief, but change it we will!

rooster59

Are you serious, children, prostitution and families exists together.  Remind me to never let my child within 100 kms of you.  I feel so sick that you even think that prostitution and kids could co exist.  Sorry mate but you're one weird person

If you don't like your children to be within 100kms of prostitution Thailand is not for you.

Why should a masseur that offers a rub and tug at the end of a season be considered a bad person?

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legalize prostitution.  Fight crime.  Everywhere.  Not just Pattaya or Thailand.  Paying for physical contact between 2 consenting adults is illegal?? GMAFB!

In Thailand the act of paying for consensual sex, as long as both parties are 18 or older, is not illegal in itself.

On 2/19/2017 at 5:38 AM, ezzra said:

Don't ' change ' it, regulate it, Pattaya is well known for it's liberal sex industry

and this is a good thing as long as you make sure it's safe and free from rouge and

criminal elements, banish those nasty and obnoxious lady boys from Pattaya

or bring them under control, keep drugs and underage from the sex scenes,

If you kill sex tourism I n Pattaya, you can kiss goodbye to half or more of your

tourists and that's a fact....

Surely they must have some idea how much money flows into Thailand from this port. I think you would be very hard pressed to find a village in the country that is not benefiting from money sent back home from Pattaya. You are spot on, just keep the streets and beaches clean and try to keep a handle on drugs, violence, child abuse and let the money flow in. We all know what Pattaya is and we are not forced to be there. I think many came here for what it is and then they want to change it when they don't use it anymore.

Oh, I'm going to Pattaya this Saturday to preach and worship God hoping to make a big difference. Do you want to come? If you do, congratulations! You belong to less than 1% Sabbath worshippers who are ambitious to go to heaven. 

18 minutes ago, Olik said:

Oh, I'm going to Pattaya this Saturday to preach and worship God hoping to make a big difference. Do you want to come? If you do, congratulations! You belong to less than 1% Sabbath worshippers who are ambitious to go to heaven. 

Dont forget to take the  Bible, always handy on these kind of Missions...

if you need more, I have some spare in my Shrine......

they wont change Pattaya...it makes too much money, and if People want to go there for the Sex Industry..let them....their choice.....

33 minutes ago, Olik said:

Sorry to inform you there is no heaven or hell

or after life.

Religion is just a way of controlling  the masses,   and most of them are doing a very good

job of that.

Enough of that i'm off down the phone box bar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just off the sukhumvet

7 hours ago, Grubster said:

If you own anything in the area you will miss them dearly as your values will plummet. What else does Pattaya have going for it outside tourism?

My wife and I have property in Thailand, with Pattaya being the last place in the world where we would own property let alone live.  So sorry, nothing to miss.  And yes, I have been there, once and that was enough. Just to say that I've been there, same as Phuket.  Neither are my cup of tea.  As for tourism, some of the gems that go there, together with a certain group of locals,  really wouldn't be missed, would they?:wai:

38 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

My wife and I have property in Thailand, with Pattaya being the last place in the world where we would own property let alone live.  So sorry, nothing to miss.  And yes, I have been there, once and that was enough. Just to say that I've been there, same as Phuket.  Neither are my cup of tea.  As for tourism, some of the gems that go there, together with a certain group of locals,  really wouldn't be missed, would they?:wai:

Where sits your paradise?

7 hours ago, Olik said:

I appreciate that less than 1% of Sabbath worshipers would want to go with you to Pattaya, or probably anywhere else, but I am confused as to why you think that says something about their ambitions regarding heaven!?!?!

5 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

I wouldn't miss them as I like you don't live there. but I think maybe the several billion US dollars spent in these sex destinations per year would be missed tremendously.

7 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

This is what people who know nothing about this area area repeat,  just when people who know nothing in US or EU talk about Putin and Russia...

On 2/19/2017 at 10:32 AM, hansnl said:

By killing off the "seedy" parts tourists will stay away, people will disappear elsewhere to earn money, and the town dies.

Chiang Mai is not dead and its not a sleazy town . Plenty of tourists and expats there,  

Chiang Mai is not dead and its not a sleazy town . Plenty of tourists and expats there,  

Also has it's bar scene.
Karaoke to be found in most Thai towns and even some villages.

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

Are you serious, children, prostitution and families exists together.  Remind me to never let my child within 100 kms of you.  I feel so sick that you even think that prostitution and kids could co exist.  Sorry mate but you're one weird person

Well they do in most English and American Cities I've lived in. I'd say Milan is the most integrated Whore/Everyday Folk place I've lived, but I see what you infer re Pats

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 hours ago, abab said:

This is what people who know nothing about this area area repeat,  just when people who know nothing in US or EU talk about Putin and Russia...

I am voicing my opinion, not repeating something that someone else has said.  It's like going to Kings Cross in Sydney, been there, wouldn't go back. You don't have to know anything about an area, first hand experience enables one to comment.  I don't know what the US or EU people talking about Putin and Russia has got to do with the topic.  Not a legitimate comparison but then I could be wrong. :wai:

I never understand why a semi normal male would not like Pattaya in its current state. Yes, it has changed but is still much better then purgatory California or other places.

Unless there is some religious hangup or sexual difficulties, why not here? No money from what I see is a good answer.  Is it a bad life to like to drink some and enjoy many girls?

Some say this town can be unhealthy but living on some farm or in the middle of no where is an early death wish I think.

What do guys do there truly?  Normal guys/people usually like some type of fun or entertainment in their life I would hope.  

11 hours ago, Thechook said:

For Thailand's sake or for the sex tourists who can't get laid back home

For both I guess, have you never been laid here? Are you married to a Thai? Maybe you are here for the nature, cleanliness, lack of crime, lack of corruption, clean air and water, easy and safe transportation etc.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I never understand why a semi normal male would not like Pattaya in its current state. Yes, it has changed but is still much better then purgatory California or other places.

Unless there is some religious hangup or sexual difficulties, why not here? No money from what I see is a good answer.  Is it a bad life to like to drink some and enjoy many girls?

Some say this town can be unhealthy but living on some farm or in the middle of no where is an early death wish I think.

What do guys do there truly?  Normal guys/people usually like some type of fun or entertainment in their life I would hope.  

Err, farming is just a little healthier than sitting in a bar.  And apart from the girls and the beer, what is there to like in Pattaya, the latter is available to anyone anywhere, the former to any semi-normal male for free, so what is the attraction for the truly normal male? I can see the attraction for the desperate, but for those of us without the need or desire to use prostitutes, it's just a congested dirty city full of fools.

9 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Err, farming is just a little healthier than sitting in a bar.  And apart from the girls and the beer, what is there to like in Pattaya, the latter is available to anyone anywhere, the former to any semi-normal male for free, so what is the attraction for the truly normal male? I can see the attraction for the desperate, but for those of us without the need or desire to use prostitutes, it's just a congested dirty city full of fools.

I usually use other people wives in bed, but to drink Pattaya is more fun than other people wives !

9 hours ago, Grubster said:

For both I guess, have you never been laid here? Are you married to a Thai? Maybe you are here for the nature, cleanliness, lack of crime, lack of corruption, clean air and water, easy and safe transportation etc.

This is why we all come here ! hahahaha

On 2/19/2017 at 11:38 AM, ezzra said:

Don't ' change ' it, regulate it, Pattaya is well known for it's liberal sex industry

and this is a good thing as long as you make sure it's safe and free from rouge and

criminal elements, banish those nasty and obnoxious lady boys from Pattaya

or bring them under control, keep drugs and underage from the sex scenes,

If you kill sex tourism I n Pattaya, you can kiss goodbye to half or more of your

tourists and that's a fact....

That would be more than half. IMO at least 3/4. Some, no doubt come for the golf and the resorts get the ignorant brigade that see a picture of the hotel and a swimming pool in a brochure.

Otherwise, Pattaya has zero for a genuine tourist.

Rotten beaches

rotten traffic

rotten infrastructure

hoodlums

rude locals

rip offs galore

overpriced substandard accomodation

etc

etc

etc.

The mongers don't care about any of the above, but what tourist out for "nature" would come to Pattaya?

I'm not counting the Thai tourists that flock to Pattaya on weekends. No doubt they have their reasons.

12 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

LOL. I tried the "Thai wife" and wish I'd stayed with the bargirls. It'd have been cheaper, and I'd be happier now.

Archived