farang2017

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Foexie said:

And not forget the stupid remarks about the money thing. Guess who write those things only isn't interested in Thailand. Just the cheap things only.

Anyway i understand the frustration f2017 haves with his gf. Mine is same.

When we are together she doesn't talk much. But her english isn't very good. But what really annoys me is that when she is with her family her mouth is unstoppable and then back when we are alone she hardly talk.

And she is also really annoyed when she hear or read about gfs who get/ask money from their bfs every month and be lazy to go outside working for their own money.

I dare say she is hinting..........

I'm sorry, farang2017, but you must face reality; I fear you're a dill. Something like the would-be bank robber who rushes into the bank with a gun held to the side of his head and yells; "This is a stickup. One wrong move and I'll shoot!"  Why don't you send all your money and assets in one package immediately so you can both cut through the agony of suspense and inane wonder and get on with your seperate lives in peace? Stop wasting your (and ours) time with nonsense.

Man are you asking to be flamed on this forum. She knows that pussy rules. You still dont. So she can talk with friends all day but nothing with you. You do know that it it your choice if you want this or not right???

10 hours ago, micmichd said:

The solution to the language problem is obvious: lerarn Thai and teach her English. Of course, not everyone lives in multilingual Pattaya.  

If that would be the easiest solution she would already speak good english. I'm teaching her English for already 2 years and she even did go to an english cours.

But she keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

A while ago she told me she don't understand why she can't speak english but can learn about a complete new job with just a little help in just a few days.

And i speak some Thai and understand even more but when i talk with her she not Always understand me.

This reminds me about what  a Thai teacher's husband ones told me." I speak fluently Thai and the Thai don't understand me. But when i speak Thai with another foreigner we Always understand eachother and have long Thai conversations without problems."

And that is so true: F.e. if i wanna order "soda meow naam keang"  they will look at me like a cow who see a train passing by for the very first time.

You don't say how old you are her are? You don't even say if you've met her one day  or 25? one trip? 2 or 5?

Do plan to move her to your country, retire in Thailand?  Have a family or not?  You don't say what she did fie a living before you met her.  Or how you met?   You don't say if you give her one of your night a months beer money or 20000 baht?   What does she do all day?  How is her English? I would think her body should be rock hard from working out every day.    

Tell her you want to stop sending money so you can save up for the wedding so she needs to get a job.  

Tell her you miss her so much and you are   going to surprise her with a visit soon.  

She how this goes.   

Believe me she expects her salary to have cost of living increases.   

PS I kind of enjoy reading broken English. 

7 hours ago, Suitcase said:

One Thai girl talks a little.

Get two or more together and they never shut up!

They are all talking at the same time and none are listening!

I think that characteristic extends to western girls too :)

I don't think its true, in Thai language thai women are just as talkative as western women,. Its just they don't talk much about things they are not interested in. and from experience if they like a guy they say very little, and just nod and agree. adding to that mysticism.

Jesus, if I didn't know better I would've thought I wrote this myself. 

OP, this is very typical for a Thai girl and a large part of the reason why I've never gotten serious with one. It doesn't really matter what her English proficiency level is. I find Thais as a whole- whether you're involved with them romantically or not- are as you described. They don't care what we think and they don't want to know much about where we came from. Sure, there are a few open-minded ones that try to be curious, but it usually comes across as unnatural for them.

It might be the culture. My friends that speak Thai very well say they typically do not discuss anything we'd consider important. I've also been told by a few women that Thai girls see men in the same way someone might see their parents. They expect em to give em what they want and don't want to hear about their problems.

You can try to train this one if you think she's worth it, but I wouldn't develop any serious feelings for her until you see some kind of empathy and intellect from her. 

The common bond and interest comes from shared experiences, up to date perhaps you will not have so many.

You carry the challenge of leading by example she will not really know what you expect, in time she will come to know and understand you more, but this will require patience on your part.

Not something you can rush either, given that you must undo the Thai wariness for being intrusive, but once the groundwork is in place conversations can be very rewarding and Thai ladies often posses a good impish sense of humour.

Above all build confidence, and encourage, do not criticise.

On 2/20/2017 at 2:49 AM, Steiner said:

Also you have to realize that most Thai girls are 110% narcissistic,  just compare the 2 facebooks,  westerners share news stories and funny videos,  we ask pertinent questions and have debates. 

Thai girls post endless selfies,  they even have albums on the same day in different clothes! 

WTAF! 

So when their outlook on the world is looking back at themselves or perhaps posting a pic of what they are about to eat, you can't for a second think you're going to be debating world politics or current affairs ever! 

9 out of 10 Thai women have a picture of themselves set as their smartphone wallpaper. That should tell you all you need to know about these girls.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:27 AM, JayBird said:

Mine talks to me all the time and lately its about how much she doesn't like Trump.

Not all Thai Girls are the same.

My last one talked to me a bunch too... until the honeymoon phase was over. Once I removed the sweet talk, childish jokes, and anything that was totally about her life, I realized we had very little in common and she didn't give two squirts about my life. That was one of the classier ones too.

On 19/02/2017 at 9:05 AM, farang2017 said:

I'm sure she don't cheat on me.

:clap2:     sorry to say OP ....   she's probably getting foged by several who are also sending her money every month ....

tell her you feel you don't have anything in common and you want to part ways ....  then you'll hear some stories  !!  

2 hours ago, eldragon said:

My last one talked to me a bunch too... until the honeymoon phase was over. Once I removed the sweet talk, childish jokes, and anything that was totally about her life, I realized we had very little in common and she didn't give two squirts about my life. That was one of the classier ones too.

Perhaps therein lies the problem.  Regardless of them being Thai, if they really have nothing in common with you, what are they going to talk to you about?

Perhaps, just like having relationships with non-Thai people, it might be prudent to focus on having a relationship with a Thai girl (if one desires one) based on common interest.  Can encourage more conversation in the future.

4 hours ago, eldragon said:

Jesus, if I didn't know better I would've thought I wrote this myself. 

OP, this is very typical for a Thai girl and a large part of the reason why I've never gotten serious with one. It doesn't really matter what her English proficiency level is. I find Thais as a whole- whether you're involved with them romantically or not- are as you described. They don't care what we think and they don't want to know much about where we came from. Sure, there are a few open-minded ones that try to be curious, but it usually comes across as unnatural for them.

It might be the culture. My friends that speak Thai very well say they typically do not discuss anything we'd consider important. I've also been told by a few women that Thai girls see men in the same way someone might see their parents. They expect em to give em what they want and don't want to hear about their problems.

You can try to train this one if you think she's worth it, but I wouldn't develop any serious feelings for her until you see some kind of empathy and intellect from her. 

Wow, the complete opposite of my experience.  Yes, I concur they (like all people) often engage in small talk.  But that's normal for most cultures.

Perhaps they don't want to hear about your problems because they can't do anything about it?  Do they discuss their problems with you (for situations where they know you can't do anything about it).

I'm also sometimes curious of who a lot of posters here hang out with as far as Thai girls are, versus who I talk to.  Most of the ones I know seem to talk endlessly (amongst themselves and to me if they have the English for it).  On topics ranging from Buddhist culture to Politics and the Police. 

Perhaps its a matter of simply trying to rate conversational skills when talking to people who have a good Education (Masters degree/etc.), English speaking skills, and life experience so they can be put on the same footing as a lot of us?

If we restricts our interactions to girls from poor villages who barely finished a very minimal education (due to poor public education standards) and their whole lives focused on gossip and talking about channel 3 dramas, then yes, they may not be up to snuff on conversing with some of us at an intellectual level.

48 minutes ago, JayBird said:

Perhaps therein lies the problem.  Regardless of them being Thai, if they really have nothing in common with you, what are they going to talk to you about?

Perhaps, just like having relationships with non-Thai people, it might be prudent to focus on having a relationship with a Thai girl (if one desires one) based on common interest.  Can encourage more conversation in the future.

Fair point. Lately I've been reflecting on all the duds back home. But the difference is even if I didn't connect with em they still had something valuable to say. I could have everything in common with a Thai girl and more times than not all she has to contribute to a conversation is sanook, aroi, or chop mak.

I think they tend to internalize more than we do.....That tends to make for quiet people....

We like to be over informative when a yes or no answer is just fine for them....Same when we are asking....My wife & teenaged daughter are quiet people....It's not often that we get into long flowing -ponderous conversations or debates such as westerners are used to - they are more direct & to the point.....

Even at funerals they tend to withdraw into themselves in their grief - not loud, shared wailing outbursts like you will see in other asian countries....

At parties many times the men sit, drink, and chat while the women circle dance....

In short - they're not generally long on words.....At least not the way we are accustomed too.....Even at point of sales/vendors they don't over sell or her word pushy (like, for instance an Indian vendor might - which drives me away)....

It works fine for me, I'm not a word blustery person either.....But it does take some observation & culturally getting used to....