Video: Bike racer takes a tumble but lives!

rooster59

Video: Bike racer takes a tumble but lives!

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7Wy4ZWBhIseabMvOrIFNDZp2AVk.jpg

Image: Thairath

Our video this morning shows just another day on the Thai roads. This time it is a group of about ten bike racing teens out on a highway in the north of Thailand.

As they race past each other one gets entangled with his friend's bike and is lucky not to be run over.

The footage was caught on the dash cam of Arunee Hongloilom who posted it on Facebook to warn road users and kids out racing of the dangers they face.

She said she was with her family travelling from Yasothorn to Tak and witnessed the accident in the Chumpae area of Khon Kaen province on Route 12.

The rider who came off survived the spill but he and his mates were all roundly condemned by the thousands who went online to moan about the dangers of teens racing on the public highways.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big problem! Here they should have the bikes impounded and, if have, their licenses taken away. Also banned from getting a driver license for the next 5 year.
It´s simple the only thing that might help. Not saying it will, because "mai pen rai" is a too big factor to deal with all the time.

4 minutes ago, Hedghog said:

Done similar many times in my youth.

On a Yamaha 200,mostly after watching track racing.

A few mates lost limbs,or died.

Didn't stop us though.

Great adrenaline rush

I lost several friends also.  And some are now permanently handicapped.  Sure glad it didn't happen to me.  Stupidity of youth.

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Big problem! Here they should have the bikes impounded and, if have, their licenses taken away. Also banned from getting a driver license for the next 5 year.
It´s simple the only thing that might help. Not saying it will, because "mai pen rai" is a too big factor to deal with all the time.

Not having a drivers licence is no big deal. School kids flout this daily.

2 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

Not having a drivers licence is no big deal. School kids flout this daily.

Okey, Even if you don´t understand it. It is a big deal. Just that "mai pen rai" was there again and made it less important in both Thailand and in your eyes.
Part of the reason why thailand is the second most deadly place to drive, and on a speedy highway to become the most deadly.

Maybe you also believe that it´s all okey to let school kids drive without a license, and you also think that the parenting in that case was superior. In that case I would assume that you are quite lonely on your planet.

If this moron needed to go to the hospital, and I was the ambulance driver, I'd make sure I observed all speed limits (30 kph in built-up areas), I'd even stop to fill up, and then check the tyre pressure and battery level. Oh, and I'd get my windscreen cleaned...

the racing cicuit here is open to everyone on Fri evening's.so full of youngsters racing each other there.and I regularly see groups of 6 or more racing on the roads here.police don't seem to care

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I see stuff like this all the time here in Pattaya.  Too bad we don't have roving police patrols like other countries do. 

Agreed. Plenty of police stops to relieve motorists of money for minor infringements, but never do you see dangerous and stupid driving addressed and there is plenty of it everywhere, every day.

And until we do, the death toll will continue to rise.

Believing you will be reincarnated and come back in a better life doesn't help promote careful driving either.

5 hours ago, Hedghog said:

Didn't stop us though.

Great adrenaline rush

At last you survived long enough to make questionable posts. Hope they give you some kind of adrenaline rush too. 

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why, they were not speeding. One rider rode into another rider, he was wrong, not the others.

3 hours ago, hobobo said:

If this moron needed to go to the hospital, and I was the ambulance driver, I'd make sure I observed all speed limits (30 kph in built-up areas), I'd even stop to fill up, and then check the tyre pressure and battery level. Oh, and I'd get my windscreen cleaned...

Of course you would. You would penalise the guy who had an accident but being a total <deleted> yourself. Sad dreamer.

Just now, chrissables said:

Why, they were not speeding. One rider rode into another rider, he was wrong, not the others.

Great! You must really have a problem reading. Never said anything about speeding. This is a part of the article: " This time it is a group of about ten bike racing teens out on a highway in the north of Thailand"

If that is okey for you, you will probably stand in a class of yourself. I am talking about all the playing and irresponibilty that goes on by both teenagers and grown ups regarding the daily traffic in this country.

Just now, Get Real said:

Great! You must really have a problem reading. Never said anything about speeding. This is a part of the article: " This time it is a group of about ten bike racing teens out on a highway in the north of Thailand"

If that is okey for you, you will probably stand in a class of yourself. I am talking about all the playing and irresponibilty that goes on by both teenagers and grown ups regarding the daily traffic in this country.

Does racing not imply speeding? 

Beside the guy who rode into the other, the riding was no different than 99% of road users here. So to impound bikes and take away licences is just an over reaction to what actually happened.

7 hours ago, Hedghog said:

Didn't stop us though.

Great adrenaline rush

Yep! Got it! It must be a fantastically great adrenaline rush to know that you might have the possibility to die or get crippled for life at any given time.
Congratulations! You just made your way in to the Top 10 Stupid Hall of Fame.

Does racing not imply speeding? 

Beside the guy who rode into the other, the riding was no different than 99% of road users here. So to impound bikes and take away licences is just an over reaction to what actually happened.

All good then! Hope you not ever get any problem with theese kind of people. If you do, just smile and laugh it off, even if a familiy member or dear friend just died in front of your eyes.

They don´t understand to follow rules. They don´t understand to behave responsible. They don´t understand when told something.
Maybe if there is a high risk and big punishment for it, somebody might start to care.
Let´s hear your solution before there is a bigger accident, or before somebody die on the streets again.

Just copied from Wikipedia:
In sport, racing is a competition of speed, against an objective criterion, usually a clock or to a specific point. The competitors in a race try to complete a given task in the shortest amount of time. Typically this involves traversing some distance, but it can be any other task involving speed to reach a specific goal.

I assume that racing still have nothing to do with speed???????
For educational purposes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing

Edited by Get Real

7 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

One could be forgiven for thinking that for many Thai males their mental age is about half that of their physical age.

True. Their menral age is also half of their Willie's size and we all know what that means!!! (Somchai's "kung" isn't of tiger prawn size. 555).

Mods: It's a joke. Dont get too nervous about it. Mai bpen rai...

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

All good then! Hope you not ever get any problem with theese kind of people. If you do, just smile and laugh it off, even if a familiy member or dear friend just died in front of your eyes.

They don´t understand to follow rules. They don´t understand to behave responsible. They don´t understand when told something.
Maybe if there is a high risk and big punishment for it, somebody might start to care.
Let´s hear your solution before there is a bigger accident, or before somebody die on the streets again.

I am referring to this incident, not some imaginary incidents or actual other incidents. 

Nobody died, there was one guy injured who caused the accident. There was no speeding. 

I would suggest the fall alone is punishment enough for the one rider who did wrong.

Yep! Got it! It must be a fantastically great adrenaline rush

Its stupid yes ,but you get an adrenaline rush when you crash and come out of it (virtually) unscathed.
(mostly) as people grow older the fear of getting hurt starts to outweigh the thrill and they stop doing crazy stuff.

I am referring to this incident, not some imaginary incidents or actual other incidents. 

Nobody died, there was one guy injured who caused the accident. There was no speeding. 

I would suggest the fall alone is punishment enough for the one rider who did wrong.

Imaginary accidents? They are visible every day. Some small some big. So, I guess you live by the code: If the accident is small the stupidity is small. If the accident is big the stupidity is big.
Guess what! The reality is that the stupidity is same big, but some are lucky and some are not.

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Imaginary accidents? They are visible every day. Some small some big. So, I guess you live by the code: If the accident is small the stupidity is small. If the accident is big the stupidity is big.
Guess what! The reality is that the stupidity is same big, but some are lucky and some are not.

But we are discussing this incident.