Teacher had husband assassinated over affair with young woman - she paid 150,000 baht for the hit

webfact

21 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Yes, this sort of thing only happens in Thailand, doesn't it, a country so lacking in morals?  I don't suppose there could be a moral vacuum in your country?

Sure. But my country doesnt tout my country as peacefull loving buddhist smiling...thai rak thai... patriotic. My country considers all of its inhabitants as potential @$$holes, being humans, showing typical human characteristics: greed, jealousy, stress, agression, etc. Thailand always gives us this KHRAP (pun intended) they are sooooo tolerant  and loving and mai bpen raiing whereas most thai i know are virtually on the edge and seek comfort in alkohol, soaps and gambling... 

Edited by Mook23

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Yes, this sort of thing only happens in Thailand, doesn't it, a country so lacking in morals?  I don't suppose there could be a moral vacuum in your country?

Actually, the frequency of these subcontracted  revenge murders in Thailand does make Thailand special;  particularly so   for the petty inspiration of the offense. It is begotten from a grievances without moral filters,  without a bigger compass. From the frequencies of these types of crimes,  generalisations such as mine can be and have merit.

I never cast a holier than 'X' comparison though. Your work. We are all mature enough to know than values shift culture, to community to country. This kinda murderous revenge is peculiar here despite your vacuous repost. 

Not sure why you are always on the hunt for an argument, but I am happy to engage. 

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

This is battered wife's syndrome .  In the west we treat this differently than the Thais would

Women lie about abuse all the time, especially when charged with murder.  The husband, although dead, is still innocent until proven guilty.  

3 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Husbands/boyfriends who beat their wives/girlfriends are vermin, they should all be shot.

Are you a wifebeater jeremy? Were you? My experience is that the louder one shouts... u know what i mean. I have beaten my gf. Im not proud. And regretted it. But there were 2 sides of the story and ongoing passive agression can do things with a guy. Beating a wife is as bad as beating a guy or kid or animal. But beating is part of our reflexes and sh;t happens. Alas...

3 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

People sometimes lie.... was that your point?

Yes, people lie, especially when they don't want to accept the potential consequences of their actions. They also lie when they get caught doing something illegal.

Edited by Banana7

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

life in Thailand is so cheap. Why not leaving him. Life is precious. Some Thais behave like animals. Always using violence for every problem they encounter.

This kind of shit happens everywhere..There are dumb , stupid ignorant people in every culture

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

she paid 150,000 baht for the hit

she had paid 17,000 baht up front and was due to pay the rest on completion of the crime. But she was arrested before she could pay.

Just yet another one of the daily examples to be found of truth in media... or the lack thereof.
Maybe they're learning from the likes of the usual practitioners... CNN, BBC, Fox, NBC, etc.............

Consolation is she saved herself 133,000 baht.

For some reason, I don't think she's so concerned with how much she saved. Although, it could be a great help for hiring a lawyer!

Do they pay extra for using those big words like "assassination" in headlines? It was a murder, plain and simple.

Unbelievable.

She would have way overpaid the going rate for a hit... maybe she thinks she pulled a fast one as only shelled out 17k

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

life in Thailand is so cheap. Why not leaving him. Life is precious. Some Thais behave like animals. Always using violence for every problem they encounter.

Too true, just look at their soap operas, not a minute goes by without some sort of violence.

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

If you've ever come across a Thai women that's been scorned she's not going to let him walk off with the "mia  noi"

she's going to get revenge!

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

"he wife said that she had paid 17,000 baht up front and was due to pay the rest on completion of the crime. But she was arrested before she could pay."

Surprising they accepted such a small deposit but defaulting on payments to  hitmen is a rather dangerous practice.  She will probably be murdered herself while awaiting trial or inside.  

She has removed a problem in her life by destroying her own life.  It would have been more sensible to just go and live with her sister or something but these people don't think in logical thought patterns.  

I think the hitman got more than the going rate here at 17,000 bahts I would not press his luck if I were him. She is a bit emotional right now and might blab his name.

4 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

The going rate is obviously increasing. One would think that means more sophistication. And a car, not a m/c. Obviously the hitboys' plans for both were scuppered when they only got the 17,000.

A lonely coin in a jar makes the same noise

6 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Perhaps the behavior she found difficult to tolerate was having been beaten repeatedly when confronting him about his sexual relationship with another woman, not the cheating itself.

I agree with you. Domestic violence may be the issue, not the cheating itself. 

5 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Lots of distrust regarding the lady in the story. Are Thai men well known for their gentle nature In romantic relationships, peaceful resolution of disagreements, and monogamous behavior?

Some are and some aren't, just like Thai women or American for that matter, but I get your point.

"a massive investigation was mounted ..... and they soon had a warrant issued for the arrest of the victim's wife  .... After an intense interrogation she broke down"

That's not massive investigation, that's Homicide 101...80% of the time its close family or (so called) friends...basic police work to grill the spouse who then coughed to the killing .

A massive investigation would be catching the killers and following the money back to the wife...so obviously beyond the BIB.

Intermediary must be a idiot too to only take 12% upfront and not assess the wife as the weakest link.