Lady falls from 4th Floor Balcony in Pattaya – Thankfully Survives

webfact

Lady falls from 4th Floor Balcony – Thankfully Survives

By Danny Boy -

MG_0051.jpg?fit=964,643

A Burmese lady who fell from a 4th floor balcony has managed to survive

PATTAYA: -- At around 2am on February 19th, Pattaya Police and emergency services were called to the scene of an accident that took place at a small hotel balcony in central Pattaya.

Arriving at the scene, police found a young Burmese lady, aged 22, being taken care of by her friends and other staff members at the hotel. She had suffered several injuries to her face and body, but most notably, her right leg was broken. She was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to a local hospital for further treatment.

She was not in a fit enough state to give any statements to police, so another staff member was left to fill in the blanks. She told police that the lady was currently on shift at the hotel, and had made her way up to the 4th floor. She noted that it was pretty dark up there at night. The next thing she saw was the victim fall from the balcony. Hotel staff rushed to help the victim and emergency services were called immediately for assistance.

Police will wait until the victim has made a full recovery before questioning her regarding the accident.

Source:  http://pattayaone.news/en/lady-falls-4th-survives/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-20

27 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Balcony railings are too low for the average farang; they are designed to protect the average Burmese.  This was not attempted suicide whatever the BIB say.

I have never heard of a place(Thailand) where so many people fall off buildings, just incredible. I would like to hear an unadulterated comment from her on the fall. ?????? We will probably never get one.

I have worked on several suspicious death investigations across my career in the UK and New Zealand...never ever once heard of a suicide by jumping off a building which seems to at epidemic proportions in Thailand, could be a cultural thing but if so then why are the victims more often than not Farangs?...must be something in that air like that dud   M. Night Shyamalan movie "The Happening" (2008)?

Ranking of Western Suicide MOs in my experience is as follows:

1. Pills (generally sleeping or paracetamol)

2. Asphyxiation (be it Drowning/Car Exhaust Fumes/Plastic Bag over the head, etc)

3. Exsanguination (writs or other artery cut, usually in bathtub)

4. Shotgun blast in the mouth (Kurt Cobain style...popular with farmers)

5. Vehicle (driving of cliff or stepping in front of truck/bus/car/lorry, etc).

Leaping from a tall building...never in a 20 year career

Edited by Cracker2000

6 hours ago, disambiguated said:

It would be interesting to learn exactly how she came to fall from the balcony.

I agree. These cases baffle me. I have this neurosis, I fear going too close to the edge of a cliff or balcony because I have the feeling I might suddenly have an impulse to jump, so I'm always aware when I'm in a situation like that. Silly, I know, and I can overcome it -- I've put shingles on roofs -- but I'm aware. And balconies shouldn't be dangerous. It's not like you need a high barrier for safety -- one meter should be plenty. How do you fall over a railing that high unless you intend to? 

I have worked on several suspicious death investigations across my career in the UK and New Zealand...never ever once heard of a suicide by jumping off a building which seems to at epidemic proportions in Thailand, could be a cultural thing but if so then why are the victims more often than not Farangs?...must be something in that air like that dud   M. Night Shyamalan movie "The Happening" (2008)?

Cracker 2000 spot on

May be in the water, but its not suicide that is for sure

If you look close at every story there is a link, just keep looking and you will find it

Has anyone measured the handrail height in their hotels ? and to the informed does Thailand have building specifications relating to handrail heights on staircases and balconies ? In the UK it is 1.1 meters minimum from datum to top of rail for balconies .

2 hours ago, superal said:

Has anyone measured the handrail height in their hotels ? and to the informed does Thailand have building specifications relating to handrail heights on staircases and balconies ? In the UK it is 1.1 meters minimum from datum to top of rail for balconies .

They are very low everywhere maybe 36" and there probably isn't a standard minimum, even if there is it wouldn't be enforced like everything else.. I am a short person and get nervous just being close to them. In the US I believe it is 42".