Man dies accidentally shooting himself in penis

webfact

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

Ouch!

Rule #1...Never shoot your genitals off with a shotgun!

This is very suspicious to me in view of the fact that I've never heard anyone in 69 years, shooting their genitals off with a shotgun accidentally.

In addition to providing a pic of Mr Panu's unconscious, heavily tatooed body, Khaosod Thai language version of the incident gives a little more more detail from which we may guess how he came to shoot himself with a shot gun, which is normally difficult to do owing the barrel length.

Khaosod reported that Mr Panu had been involved in a gang fight and had also been drinking. I think we can assume this was not a spanking new legally imported and registered shotgun with a barrel at least 18 inches long, as required under Thai law. It is much more likely it was a home made single shot break action handgun designed very dangerously to take a 12 gauge shotgun shell (but with a chamber not strong enough to take the pressure of a shotgun shell without high risk of exploding after a few uses).  Mr Panu presumably planned to return to the fight with a bit more fire power, and probably popped a shell in the chamber and closed the break action to cock the pistol.  Perhaps it was stiff, as some one else suggested he pressed the barrel against his body to close the action while foolishly placing his finger on the trigger.  It also possible that the hammer fell on the loaded chamber spontaneously as he closed the action, a phenomenon known as hammer fall that can happen with hair trigger mechanisms. 

Whatever the circumstances of Mr Panu's untimely demise, there can be no doubt that he has earned himself a postumous Darwin award. 

1 hour ago, snowgard said:

I think it's a homemade gun like this and not a real shotgung. Otherwise it's very difficult to shot your penis.

outdoorhub-video-homemade-12ga-1911-fail

1408958185_1-org.jpg

I am sure this is exactly the type of shotgun used by Mr Panu. Before looking at the pics I was thinking it would be cocked by closing the action like a real break action shotgun but I think this style is the most common where there is a pistol style hammer that has to be cocked manually. The makers of these things would have no concern for a safe trigger pull weight or making sure the hammer couldn't fall by itself, as long as it fired which this one obviously did perfectly well.  The one in the top pic even has a safety catch copied from the original 1911 semi-auto pistol design but there is nothing for it to engage with.  It could easily have gone off as he was slipping it into his waistband prior to jumping on the motor bike to go and shoot someone.  Lucky for some rival gang member that the blast intended for his genitals ended up in Mr Panu's instead.

The gun in the top pic seems to have a Thai inscription on the 'slide' that reads I-Bo Uthai 12 perhaps the nickname of the maker and its serial number.  Surprised there is no telephone number engraved on it too in case it is handed in to a lost property office or to promote further sales to the owner's friends.  LOL.

Edited by Dogmatix

8 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Boy they really did the re-enactment great in the picture smoke coming out of the barrel and all. What a way to get your rocks off. Unless it was a sawed off barrel its hard to see this happening. 

Not a re-enactment.  Just a stock photograph from the internet of a different type of shotgun added by Coconuts to make it look more sensational.

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

Ouch!

Rule #1...Never shoot your genitals off with a shotgun!

This is very suspicious to me in view of the fact that I've never heard anyone in 69 years, shooting their genitals off with a shotgun accidentally.

I agree.  Whatever the truth may be, don't try this at home!  It is bound to hurt like hell ! 

The instructions were in English and not being a high powered lightbulb, he miss read them.

It said aim for the bullseye not Balls-Eye?

BTW Darwin Awards are not given to any living person, you have to snuff yourself out to earn them. This guy gets top marks, so he graduated Magna Cum Laude.