visa overstay long time

Hello everyone , I would like some advice for my friend  please..  ( sorry for my bad english )

So... he stay in visa overstay  ( tourist visa i think )  for about 5 year's  and when he came to know the new rules a few montsh ago and he freakout  little bit.... of course..  is a good young guy have a thai girl no married and one little boy  2 year old.. now he has a family problem and needs to go back  to his country in Europe ,  he has a chance for no banned to much year's  ? What he can do ? (  he has money )

Any good advice is welcome  

Thanks  cheers

Edited by jack111

I don't know much about this over stay ,but I can tell you it won't be good for your friend as he will get banned for entering Thailand again for years regardless of the money he has .

There will be people on here that will be harsh towards you and some people will give advice, but only advice is ,when he goes to the airport to catch his flight tell him to go very early as he will be in the Immigration office a long time.He will get fined 20,000 Bhat and couldn't also get banned for 10 years.

I really don't know if he goes to his local immigration office if they will be able to help him but people advise against this as  a poor option, just better to go straight to the airport and maybe he will get lucky ,but I doubt it .

Good Luck.

2 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

He can't do anything. He would need to pay 20,000 baht overstay and would be banned 10 years.

If he has no money he will not get to his flight and end up in Immigration Detention Center until he has 20,000 baht for his overstay fine and can produce a flight ticket.

He will still be blacklisted for 10 years.

To clear an overstay of such length without getting blacklisted will cost you xxx,xxx amount of baht.  

So which is it?

8 minutes ago, jack111 said:

Thanks for reply , but he can pay for exit from the  blacklist and have a "discount penality?

That is always a option but he would have to go to an approved blacklist agent as just recently there was a report on here that the person who tried to clear his/her name on blacklist the guy took her money and didn't do what was promised so the money that was paid was lost and they are still on the blacklist.

3 minutes ago, jack111 said:

I see thanks ... but he stay some kilometer out from bkk...can he take a fly for  bkk and then go euro... or is better pay and  take fly directly from Bkk  ?

He could take a flight to Bangkok. And then pay the overstay fine on departure from the country at the airport in Bangkok.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Have the ticket and fine ready... doesn't want to get stuck in detention. Make sure he is clean shaven, well dressed with nice shoes, pics of baby, is softly spoken and offers plenty of apologies and high wais when he checks out. Any attitude and affront will not go down well.

I don't know how one could live here on overstay. I'd be constantly on edge.

Ahah.. he is a good looking guy ,,,, not versace dresses but he is polite  and good temper..   we hope well   thanks

i know is a bad idea ....but suppose he could leave the kingdom by land with some good friend's  and take a flight to euro by cambodia or laos....for Thai immigration he remains on file in the database  on the black list right ?

2 minutes ago, jack111 said:

i know is a bad idea ....but suppose he could leave the kingdom by land with some good friend's  and take a flight to euro by cambodia or laos....for Thai immigration he remains on file in the database  on the black list right ?

If he was to try a leave at a border crossing immigration might turn him away since they don't want to handle long overstays or he might be detained.

If you are writing about sneaking out the country how do you think he could leave a neighboring country without a entry stamp for that country.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If he was to try a leave at a border crossing immigration might turn him away since they don't want to handle long overstays or he might be detained.

If you are writing about sneaking out the country how do you think he could leave a neighboring country without a entry stamp for that country.

Right..

2 minutes ago, Munotlaw said:

Why border crossings or any other quite dangerous options. Take the right lawyer and your overstay will just 'dissappear' in your immigration file. It's not free, but the best solution. 

Munotlaw 

Yes I also think that this is the best choice.. and the hope he finds a good and competent lawyer

Not a bad idea ?, probably the worst idea I've ever heard !!
If he made it to Cambodia or Laos how would he leave from there ??
And if he came back to Thailand after all this ?......well God help him.

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

You must contact some qualified visa agents (aka. lawyers) who can solve these problems. a friend of mine just solved his issue after 10 yrs overstay, expect to pay many fees. not very hard to find these agents take a look at Bangkok post and other sites for ads. Best to contact them via a Thai speaking person.

Edited by heroKK
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jgold said:

He cannot avoid the ban unless he can pay the right people and get the black list removed, like someone above mentioned it is around 200k baht and you have to know the right people or you pay and get nothing. Anyone who claims they can do for a mere 20k is trying to rip you off and a low ranking immigration officer doesn't have the access to "fix" the records. Trust me on this.

He won't be blacklisted on the first place, that's why i recommend to the op to talk first hand to these people. The cleaning process is a bit sophisticated and involves getting a new passport from home country. my friend moved to elite visa once he cleared the overstay status. the total cost was above 700K including the 6 yrs elite visa. if you have sufficient funds you will clear it for sure!

Edited by heroKK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, heroKK said:

He won't be blacklisted on the first place, that's why i recommend to the op to talk first hand to these people. The cleaning process is a bit sophisticated and involves getting a new passport from home country. my friend moved to elite visa once he cleared the status. the total cost was above 700K including the 6 yrs elite visa.

he will be on the blacklist the moment he leaves Thailand. And a new passport solves nothing, they block the name.

And with many countries like UK, US the Thai Immigration share date if people change name.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, visarunner said:

he will be on the blacklist the moment he leaves Thailand. And a new passport solves nothing, they block the name.

And with many countries like UK, US the Thai Immigration share date if people change name.  

no he wont when he follows the procedures of what these agents will tell them to do.