visa overstay long time

17 hours ago, heroKK said:

no he wont when he follows the procedures of what these agents will tell them to do.

That's true.Everything will be explained to him. Actually not a lot to do. Yes, new passeport from his embassy with his name BEFORE he was leaving . An "appointed" immigration officer, which will be named by his agent, has to be on duty.  It worked like that for a friend with a 2743 days overstay. He was back after 4 days. He paid the normal overstay fee of 20k and another 20k for the officer in charge. The overstay stamp was put in his old passeort, Exit stamp in the new one. The agent fee was 120k.  

Munotlaw

Edited by Munotlaw
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, novo58 said:

great tutorial going on here on Illegal activities .......

Indeed an impressive array indeed. OP how can it be soooo difficult to remain within visa when you have money. Its a complete no brainer.

Beyond me.

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

Well right! There probably is an option for an under the table payment to fix it. 
I have no idea where or with whom one would initiate this, do you?

he walks into local immi office offering cash, I think he'd leave in handcuffs on his way to the IDC [emoji44]

OP says hes got cash, you gotta wonder why he didnt get a visa based on child..

and only learnt of the bans a month ago..

not much sympathy TBH

He should think about marrying his gf so he can take the family with him whilst he serves out the ban

How would he hear of the bans? Many people don't follow TV or anyother forums. Many people don't have interaction with other foreigners, or if they do immigration topics wouldn't always come up. It is quite possible he didn't hear about the ban. If in effect he knew nothing about it I feel very sorry for him.

1 hour ago, Issangeorge said:

How would he hear of the bans? Many people don't follow TV or anyother forums. Many people don't have interaction with other foreigners, or if they do immigration topics wouldn't always come up. It is quite possible he didn't hear about the ban. If in effect he knew nothing about it I feel very sorry for him.

I think if you have been here for 5 years beyond your permission to stay then you would know that you are in trouble.

the only reason they wouldn't hear about the new laws is if they are here illegally.

no sympathy what so ever.

from what I can see is the only problem that has arised is the fact he has a problem in europe.

if nothing happened in the next 5 years would he claim that oh I've made a mistake but I'm a good guy and now I'm on 10 years overstay.

Yes, he has a kid and I feel sorry for his kid but at the end of the day, no one to blame but himself.

Edited by Doiger
  • Like 1

The best way to find reliable visa agents is inside the Chiang wattana immigration office, go inside and look around for agents holding dozens of passports and papers, not tough to spot them. Get their cards and LINE and explain to them your situation, don't talk about the problem inside the office, they usually provide many services(work permit, other visas as well).

Edited by heroKK

14 hours ago, paul18620 said:

I don't know much about this over stay ,but I can tell you it won't be good for your friend as he will get banned for entering Thailand again for years regardless of the money he has .

There will be people on here that will be harsh towards you and some people will give advice, but only advice is ,when he goes to the airport to catch his flight tell him to go very early as he will be in the Immigration office a long time.He will get fined 20,000 Bhat and couldn't also get banned for 10 years.

I really don't know if he goes to his local immigration office if they will be able to help him but people advise against this as  a poor option, just better to go straight to the airport and maybe he will get lucky ,but I doubt it .

Good Luck.

To clear things up at the airport is quick. My friend went through it and said it took no more than 15 minutes. They told him he had to pay 20K he paid it. They asked why he overstayed and he said he forgot, they all laughed. Stamped his passport and that was it, Even with the new ban being put in place it won't take any longer. 

You are correct he shouldn't go to local immigration as they will immediately detain him. If he doesn't have the 20K and a plane ticket he will then have to wait in the immigration detention center until  he can get the 20K or until he goes to court which can be weeks. if he goes to court in most cases they reduce the over stay fine down to 3000 sometimes a little more.

• Like 1

Any good advice is welcome

suck it up.

your friend knew what he was doing and now he has to take responsibility for his actions.

dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

and spare a thought for those of use who live here within the rules (not difficult) who get tarred with the same brush as no people like your friend.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jgold said:

Unintended quote.

Troll post In my opinion.

The OP starts with very poor English, but 'lapses' Into near perfect English further along.  Compare his posts 1, 17, and 21.

How could anyone NOT KNOW about the new rules?  

Additionally, he came into the country on a visa exempt entry, or 30 day visa!!!  Even if the rules hadn't changed, he would have been in a serious situation.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

I was in a similar situation recently and you can still have it cleared but it's illegal, it will cost minimum 1000000.

There was a visa service company from Pattaya and one in Samui that were still able to clear. 

If the overstay is 5 years they actually shouldn't have any record of you in the immigration database as was the case with me so in threory if you can just get yourself out there will be no repercussions later when you try to come back.

i would not recommend going out paying the overstay fee and trying to get it removed it has proven almost impossible no matter how much money.

If anybody knows of this to be otherwise please advise as I have already been through the vast majority of lawyers in Bangkok.

i used a company Thailand Blacklist Check they took my money told me blacklist was being lifted 01/01/17 myself and nine month old baby went to board a flight on 21/01 and were not allowed on the plane left stranded and homeless at the airport

hope you are able benefit from my experience on this subject.

Good luck

2 hours ago, Lao16 said:

it will cost minimum 1000000

is that a typo ?  one million baht ?  the cost to have an attorney/agent help in this instance is definitely over 100,000, probably closer to 200,000.  but not close to one million.  that said, i have a feeling the friend of the OP doesn't have the money to work with a thai attorney.  i know an agent that works on overstay issues and people always overstay due to lack of funds (i'm talking long overstays).  the recent change in the laws on overstays (blacklist) caught alot of overstayers by surprise.  even though it was announced several months before the rules went into effect,  they couldn't  come up with the 20,000thb (the max overstay fine) to get out of the country.  many of them got stuck and had to stay in country to figure out how to get the 20,000thb plus the attorney/agent fees to deal with the blacklist issue. 

the OP's friend needs a thai attorney and i hope he can get one and stay with his wife and child. 

• Like 1

For as I know he is about 7 years come  in Thailand , he had a good job in Europe  and  started very young , put aside the money..  he comes here for long holiday and open business  for i think about two years and after came back to stay long time and  not renew the visa  

said that.... everyone is free to think and say what he wants but with respect  to what you write...
I know he has wrong and against the law of Thai but if have a way to fix this problem.. wy not ?   Thanks to all for the advice given

Edited by jack111

It all resolves around how much money he has,if he has money lots of money 

there is every possibility he can get out of this mess,his choice of Agent is 

Paramount,use only one recomended by a GOOD source, wih Money you can do

good luck!!!  (not needed if you choose wisely)

• Like 1

Seems a lot of people forget/didn't know that 5 years ago it was still quite common for people to 'extend their stay', pay their 20,000 baht and be back in country next day. This was still possible because the rules weren't strictly enforced.

So if the person concerned didn't have internet/media access, kept his nose clean with the BiB and (obviously) didn't have cause to visit immigration then it is feasible that he was expecting to pay the 20,000 baht and trot on out to return later.

Doesn't make it right, but possible..........................;)

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 8:55 AM, jack111 said:

Thanks for reply , but he can pay for exit from the  blacklist and have a "discount penality?

We talking bribes here.Your"young friend"will need all the tea in Darjelling for tea money to get out of this.one.Ain't gunna happen.

On 22/02/2017 at 9:18 AM, daveAustin said:

Have the ticket and fine ready... doesn't want to get stuck in detention. Make sure he is clean shaven, well dressed with nice shoes, pics of baby, is softly spoken and offers plenty of apologies and high wais when he checks out. Any attitude and affront will not go down well.

I don't know how one could live here on overstay. I'd be constantly on edge.

So you think Thais fall for that sucking up grovelling bs,they would just think the guy was pathetic.Just be normal.