"free" shuttle between Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi

pomozki

can someone tell me if you need to show proof you're about to fly from the airport you're going to?

it used to be a free shuttle bus between the airports, no questions asked, but I heard the drivers had started asking to see your flight ticket before allowing you on

an update would really be appreciated, thanks

Yes, you need to show flight details to board the shuttle.

There is a desk, next to the bus stop, where they request this info and then give you a wrist stamp to allow you boarding.

Flight doesn't need to be for that day though, I had a flight out the following day and nothing was mentioned.

18 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

There is a desk, next to the bus stop, where they request this info and then give you a wrist stamp to allow you boarding.

Flight doesn't need to be for that day though, I had a flight out the following day and nothing was mentioned.

thanks Carlos from Cornwall!

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

then give you a wrist stamp to allow you boarding.

The wrist stamp must be new.

Used Suv. to D.M. a couple of times in 2015.

Just shown up at the desk, gave flight info and then entered waiting bus.

19 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Quite correct. Accurate response. My same experience. 

38 minutes ago, thailen said:

How often do the shuttles run - when begin and when the last one leaves Suvanabhuma?

Own picture from August 2016. No changes expected.

Every 12 min during peak times.

Every 30 min at other times.

5h to midnight.

160801120426.jpg

Hi everybody,

never took this bus. Looks easy for traveling.

So i guess they expect that the ride wouldn't take more then 1h or am i wrong?

These busses they stop at the bus platform or do they have their own spot at Suv?

Regards,

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The wrist stamp must be new.

Used Suv. to D.M. a couple of times in 2015.

Just shown up at the desk, gave flight info and then entered waiting bus.

True...did all just 3 weeks ago.....show ticket.....stamped hand...boarded bus and gone !!!!!

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Own picture from August 2016. No changes expected.

Every 12 min during peak times.

Every 30 min at other times.

5h to midnight.

160801120426.jpg

I have seen this schedule at Swampy too, but in fact it seems to run only ONCE per hour (as per the other schedule posted here).

I was at the Swampy shuttle-Bus-stop around 9.15 and the next Bus did not go before 10.00 am and it was PACKED to the guts.

Yes they do check your ticket / boarding pass and even write down the airline and flight number

19 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why isnt there a paying option for people going to the same direction but without a connecting flight?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

For example, what if I'm travelling to meet a friend at Swampy but flying back to my city.

I fly into DM, but don't have an onward flight from Swampy.

However from Swampy both of us would have onward tickets from DM to home.

21 hours ago, krabi local said:

fdd2192fe0beeec3352e8c8b69d84826.jpg

Latest timetable because they have cut the number of journeys by about half.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

thanks for posting the updated timetable , I had seen the other one over in Flyertalk too

since Thai air moved most if not all flights to Swampy I guess they thought cutting back would work , 

I would be really pissed if I waited all that time and there was not room on the once an hour bus.....

How much is a metered taxi between the 2 if there was no traffic ?    555555.... no traffic....5555

2 hours ago, dentonian said:

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

For example, what if I'm travelling to meet a friend at Swampy but flying back to my city.

I fly into DM, but don't have an onward flight from Swampy.

However from Swampy both of us would have onward tickets from DM to home.

In time the 2 airports will be connected by BTS line which is good but for time beeing how about offer a paid connecting bus ride between the 2 airports for all commuters?it used to be like that but suddenly they came up with the awkward rule of having onward plane flight?

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

In time the 2 airports will be connected by BTS line which is good but for time beeing how about offer a paid connecting bus ride between the 2 airports for all commuters?it used to be like that but suddenly they came up with the awkward rule of having onward plane flight?

Must be a lot of local commuters that have to fly to DM but meeting/departing with relatives at SUV.

What's the cost of taxi's between the 2 airports.

4 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Must be a lot of local commuters that have to fly to DM but meeting/departing with relatives at SUV.

What's the cost of taxi's between the 2 airports.

Lots of people travel between the 2 airports without any flight.as there are busses anyway just let those people pay and come along.Taxi i paid several prices 600 bht was the highest fee but i assume with a rigged meter.

For all complainers above about a normal paid service: of course there is.

1. this topic has been bitten, chewed and spat out to the very last minor detial on the dedicated DMK/Swampy fora. Just read that thread.

2.Even by now still a fair lot of airportstaff at BKK still have their homes dating from the DMK period near there. Thus there are 2 citybuslines-of course along the main road-555 and 554 , supplemented by paid vans (oh, horror, the shriek of any TV-user) between the airports and even loading at swampy at taxi level. 555 big bus even has kind of 24 hr service. Fare 33 bt. These big buses start at Rangsit garage.

For those always complaining and rather trusting there app-related info: use A2 shuttle from DMK-goes as far as Vict.Mon and walk or use BTS 1 stop to Phiyathai ARL terminus.

3 minutes ago, asanee said:

For all complainers above about a normal paid service: of course there is.

1. this topic has been bitten, chewed and spat out to the very last minor detial on the dedicated DMK/Swampy fora. Just read that thread.

2.Even by now still a fair lot of airportstaff at BKK still have their homes dating from the DMK period near there. Thus there are 2 citybuslines-of course along the main road-555 and 554 , supplemented by paid vans (oh, horror, the shriek of any TV-user) between the airports and even loading at swampy at taxi level. 555 big bus even has kind of 24 hr service. Fare 33 bt. These big buses start at Rangsit garage.

For those always complaining and rather trusting there app-related info: use A2 shuttle from DMK-goes as far as Vict.Mon and walk or use BTS 1 stop to Phiyathai ARL terminus.

Sounds complicated in comparison with the shuttlebus.

12 hours ago, asanee said:

Even by now still a fair lot of airportstaff at BKK still have their homes dating from the DMK period near there. .......

And that is the problem for many , airlines move from BKK to DMK   and then later back to BKK , 

and the airport service staff too 

and I can see that the AOT bus would be for transfers or it would  be full at peak times  with workers , 

but a direct bus for workers or the public would be nice

On 26/02/2017 at 0:53 AM, oldcarguy said:

And that is the problem for many , airlines move from BKK to DMK   and then later back to BKK , 

and the airport service staff too 

and I can see that the AOT bus would be for transfers or it would  be full at peak times  with workers , 

but a direct bus for workers or the public would be nice

Ever since Bangkok has had two airports operating there has been minibus service between the two airports. 50 baht each way. You never wait more than a few minutes before its full and sets off on the expressway. It departs outside DMK where the tour buses park and often drops you off outside BKK terminal rather than the airport bus station. It departs BKK from the airport bus station and drops off outside DMK terminal 1. Lots of passengers are airport staff.

16 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Ever since Bangkok has had two airports operating there has been minibus service between the two airports. 50 baht each way. You never wait more than a few minutes before its full and sets off on the expressway. It departs outside DMK where the tour buses park and often drops you off outside BKK terminal rather than the airport bus station. It departs BKK from the airport bus station and drops off outside DMK terminal 1. Lots of passengers are airport staff.

Thanks for the tip , Sounds interesting ,

Are these the normal Toyota minibuses that take about 15 riders ?

And is it 24 hours a day / 7 days a week ?
I know there would not be as many minibuses at the slow times :)

thanks again

On 01/03/2017 at 6:11 AM, oldcarguy said:

Thanks for the tip , Sounds interesting ,

Are these the normal Toyota minibuses that take about 15 riders ?

And is it 24 hours a day / 7 days a week ?
I know there would not be as many minibuses at the slow times :)

thanks again

7 days a week - YES

24 hrs a day - I don't know but probably not

yes these are those 15 seaters, which means they are more or less useless in case you have luggage as there is ZERO luggage storage

11 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

I found this website for BKK airport bus station

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

lots of  city buses going all around BKK area  but no mention  of minibuses , are the minibuses at the same place ?

The airport has a free connecting bus going from the terminal and various airport sites to the airport bus station. At the bus station ask for the minibus to DMK. As stated above there is little luggage space but you can buy another seat and put you baggage on it.