Here you can have cheap rent, why pay more?

swissmaninthailand

19 minutes ago, homelinkpattaya said:

Does anyone know where this building is and the name?

Looks like that is a photo of the rear of the building. It is on Thepprasit Road few hundred metres from Sukhumvit Road. The weekend market sets up out front there every Friday/Saturday.

Can't remember the name.

Yes the condo is located next to the night market.  Some time ago I did have a look at some of the rooms with western standard , and the prices were a bit more, around 5-6000 baht .

So it depends what your looking for , just a room and a bed with air-con I guess is possible for 3500. 

I know a Thai lady who lives in that building with her son. She bought a small unit a couple of years ago and she showed it to me whilst the purchase was going through. Seemed OK for the price though I would not like to navigate through the traffic with a car on market evenings. OK in daytime and on non-market evenings though, and highly convenient on foot for Tesco or the market itself. And BigC is only a short walk. Also handy for buses etc on Sukumvit.

Aren't these the ones built for poor Thai people by the National Housebuilding Authority that were being sold off under a dubious deal by a certain dodgy Pattaya 'entrepreneur' cum 'media magnate' cum 'lawyer' who has now fled Thailand due to an arrest warrant being issued. Seem to remember there was a lot of noize about this a few years back.

37 minutes ago, Orac said:

Aren't these the ones built for poor Thai people by the National Housebuilding Authority that were being sold off under a dubious deal by a certain dodgy Pattaya 'entrepreneur' cum 'media magnate' cum 'lawyer' who has now fled Thailand due to an arrest warrant being issued. Seem to remember there was a lot of noize about this a few years back.

Correct!! No more noise from him;-)

Edited by LennyW

Officially it's called KEHA Condo and it's a former social housing project which was built approx. 30 years ago. 

Most of the units have been sold now and are being occupied by foreigners or Bangkokian weekend-dwellers. 

Yes, a 24-26m2 studio will go for 3,500 baht, but there are a lot more opportunities in Pattaya for that amount. 

An indication/example of a recent sales of a 52m2 condo in building B THB 1.2mn

On 2/24/2017 at 8:07 AM, LennyW said:

Correct!! No more noise from him;-)

Are you saying he was assassinated at the airport by a woman with a toxin on her hands, rubbing his face? or has he returned to his law practice in the USA? It was always funny yet sad reading about people getting legal advice from this individual...

As for the low end housing available, yes, for sure, in the 3000-4000 Baht a month price range there are many apartments and even condos available. You won't always have water or electricity but I suppose you get used to that and can prepare with a pale of water and a rechargable battery type of fan. Some live in these conditions year round. Others prefer to pay 8000-10,000. Baht and have dependable water, electric, and even WIFI! Cheers and God Bless You. 

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Are you saying he was assassinated at the airport by a woman with a toxin on her hands, rubbing his face? or has he returned to his law practice in the USA? It was always funny yet sad reading about people getting legal advice from this individual...

As for the low end housing available, yes, for sure, in the 3000-4000 Baht a month price range there are many apartments and even condos available. You won't always have water or electricity but I suppose you get used to that and can prepare with a pale of water and a rechargable battery type of fan. Some live in these conditions year round. Others prefer to pay 8000-10,000. Baht and have dependable water, electric, and even WIFI! Cheers and God Bless You. 

I trust you are still staying in the former? You must admit these are in a much better quality and quieter   area than that of yours.

When I was working in Jomtien for 1 year, about 8 years ago, I stayed in those types of rented rooms.  I recall that I paid no more than 4,000 baht per month for a room with basic furnishings, TV with foreign channels, air-con, free wi-fi etc.

The price is low because the room is basic, and it is only 1 small room.  I think you'd go a bit stir crazy living in that small space for a long time, (although many Thais seem to manage OK)

I see that Supalai Mare on Theprasit now has a sign up promoting rentals from 7000B per month. I dont know the details but that's a brand new building and only walking distance to Thappraya Road. Music noise might be a problem at night.

Looks a nice building from what I've seen posted by people on Facebook. Does anyone know if this place has a website or Facebook site for these type of rentals?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 2/23/2017 at 5:19 PM, sandgroper2 said:

Trailer Park prices, trailer park people.

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Looks like the pits.

1 hour ago, Cirencester said:

Peasants wouldn't stay there. Have some self esteem for christ sake

Some of you guys must have had a very privileged upbringing if you think that a condo with pool and tennis courts is comparable to a trailer park, the pits (lowest form of living), or a hovel (peasant home).

Just saying :wink: